Beer Drinkers Beware....The Bucket is Dead!!

pltag

Who cares the about the end of Smart Casual, I have much more SERIOUS News!

The Famous 6 For 5 RCI Beer Bucket is Dead!! :( :( Or at the very least dieing. We sailed the AOS 1/30 - 2/6. We get on the ship go straight to the pool, order a bucket..."No Problem Mon"!! All is well! :) But later that night in a different bar, the server had no idea what we were talking about. After asking her manager, she reported that this was just a "sailaway" deal at the Pool Bars! :confused: Sure enough, she was right. The rest of the week whenever we ordered a bucket, we were cheefully served, but charged for 6. We previously had no problems getting the 6 for 5 deal at any of the bars on the ship.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and as with many RCI policies or procedures, I'm sure things are very different from ship to ship.

Thanks. When we sailed last year I would get the bucket and anything I didn't finish by the pool I would take back and put in the fridge and use it when I was getting changed for dinner or that evening. Oh well.

We'll be sailing 4/06 on Serenade and will just order as I need them LOL

Just another case of RCI nickle and diming. Why don't they just go ahead and say that the price of the cruise is cruise only and charge for everything from breadfast in the windjammer to dinner.

That's where they are headed. The first ala-cart cruise line. While they're at it, why not just rename the company Cruisetran.

Stretch

I have always been under the impression that it was ONLY just a "sailaway" deal . That's the only time we order it. DH gets a couple fo buckets and puts them in stateroom, so he can have a couple of beers while relaxing on the balcony in the evening while I get ready for dinner. :)

Wrong dear! They even used to give away t-shirts on the pool deck if you bought a bucket of Corona on some sea days, other days it might be a different beer that you got a t-shirt for buying a bucket, but the 6 for 5 bucket deal was everyday. I've got the 14 page final bill as proof.

Stretch

Well, we have only purchased the buckets on the following two sailings, so I have no idea what the policy use to be.;) They were only advertise for "sailaway" when we cruised. Perhaps some people that had a relationship with the bartender could "sweet talk" them into a free can with gratuity, but we never tried that. In fact, the first day is the only time we go to the pool bar, so we never knew the bartenders names. We let them come to us. :D

RCCL Mariner ~ 7/18/04 RCCL Serenade OTS ~ 9/26/2004

Well, we have only purchased the buckets on the following two sailings, so I have no idea what the policy use to be.;) They were only advertise for "sailaway" when we cruised. Perhaps some people that had a relationship with the bartender could "sweet talk" them into a free can with gratuity, but we never tried that. In fact, the first day is the only time we go to the pool bar, so we never knew the bartenders names. We let them come to us. :D

RCCL Mariner ~ 7/18/04 RCCL Serenade OTS ~ 9/26/2004

Well then, perhaps you were mistaken, or they changed the policy since last March, in which case we are both right.

Stretch

AUB164CAR-S.jpg.3b172eaac278aeeb96fd89fd7bd522df.jpg

I was on the JOS in November and was only offered 5 beers in my buckets all week. The strangest thing happened when we got on the ship. I went to the pool bar and ordered a Miller Lite and was told that this was the last one until after we sailed. But to top that off, it was served in a bottel. I did not know that RCCL even had Miller Lite in the bottel. Anyway I still hate it that I only get 5 when just a year ago I got 6 for 5.:eek:

Wrong dear! They even used to give away t-shirts on the pool deck if you bought a bucket of Corona on some sea days, other days it might be a different beer that you got a t-shirt for buying a bucket, but the 6 for 5 bucket deal was everyday. I've got the 14 page final bill as proof.

Stretch

thats funny we jsut got off the vision and they had the bucket in every bar and on the sale away party they did give away the t-shirt. maybe you just got someone who was not up to date.

In November on Empress we ordered the buckets every day...No problem. 6 for 5... We even got a "comp" bucket in between...no charge. We tipped a lot extra for that and got several "freebies" (other drinks) quite a bit...but I will say that this was the first cruise that we got a lot of "free alcohol." (mostly at pool bar)

On prior cruises...nothing...EVER!!!! Even tipping cash early in the week did not produce a single freebie in the past...

Oh well...times are changin....

We just sailed on Visions of the Sea Feb 6-13 and had no problem getting buckets of beer, 5 for the price of 6 for the whole week. We drank mostly Corona or Budweiser and got the buckets at every bar. We even took the ones we didn't drink back to our room where our great room attendant kept them on ice24/7.

:) We just got off the Brilliance Monday from the Canal run, and every bar had them everyday. In fact, we even found one bartender that put 7 for 5 in there. Must have liked us, or liked the dollar bills I wrapped around my sea pass card every order. Whadda you think??

M&N

Are you offering a tip to your bar server? I would always give my favorite poolside attendant a small tip on the first day and I would get that same 6 for 5 deal all week long. During the day I would look for him poolside. At night I would ask for him in the lounge and he would go the extra mile to serve us in the lounge. I would of course give him another tip at the end of the cruise. Seems to always work for me.

Archived