RCI allowing drink pkgs < 4 night: Error?

I'm not sure if the RCL system is broken but:

A bunch of people from our group cruise were able to pre purchase the premium and ultimate drink packages for our 3 night Majesty of the Seas cruise.

The rep I talked to told me they shouldn't have been allowed to do that so a bunch of people are now, understandably, steaming mad.

So far we have no news on whether this was an error or whatnot. I'll be calling the pre cruise planning department later today.

Anyone have this happen before?

Every post I am reading says it shouldn't have given us this option.

Step

If you have confirmation of the package print it out and demand they honor it on board if it's not automatically on your card. If it's an error and you ask they would probably just say sorry and delete it. Once your on board they have to deal with you and you can make a stink I'd imagine they would honor it.

My 2 cents.

I did a B2B2B on Majesty changing to Vision in November.

The Majesty sailing did not sell drink packages for the 3 night online, nor onboard the ship.

The Vision 2 day to the Bahamas and the Vision 3 day repositioning to Panama did have advance purchase available.

On the 2 day the staff were a little surprised. I did not have a sticker on SeaPass at check-in in Terminal. I went to the bartender selling soda packages and mentioned this. While they were surprised at first, it worked out very quickly after contacting the Bar Manager, I believe.

The beverages packages were both available online and for sale on the ship for the 3 night from Miami to Colon.

I am doing the 3 night repositioning from Colon to Port Everglades B2B with a 4 night. I have purchased packages on both sailings.

As I knew there was risk the package would disappear on the 3 night, I purchased at final payment to avoid any problem if they were to remove it later. The sailing is the 26th of April.

Edited by MADflyer

Oh boy the 3nights are going to be a party now. In related news 4 nights leaving on Monday's will now start boarding at 2pm so that all hungover passengers can have a chance to wake up.

That is no joke. I was one of 20 or so doing the B2B from MIami on Vision.

They had us get off the ship with our new SeaPass cards in hand and proceeded to make us wait almost 2 hours in a line without seating or any assistance inside the customs exit area. They were not able to 0 out the cruise following the 2 'nighter' as they were missing about 11 passengers.

We stood there as they found them one by one and 'forced' them off the ship. Most were extremely intoxicated, but not all of them.....

If you have confirmation of the package print it out and demand they honor it on board if it's not automatically on your card. If it's an error and you ask they would probably just say sorry and delete it. Once your on board they have to deal with you and you can make a stink I'd imagine they would honor it.

My 2 cents.

Demand??? LOL...too funny. :rolleyes:

This is interesting since we are booked on a 3 day Majesty cruise in May. I am now able to order the alcohol beverage packages online where before they were not available.

Yeah, I'm going to call them tonight and see. Maybe it has changed and no one told the front line reps.

Yeah, I'm going to call them tonight and see. Maybe it has changed and no one told the front line reps.

It's never a good idea to assume that the phone operators have the current, correct information.

I have a 3 night coming up in October and I am able to add it online .. Wonder if the policy really is changing :confused::confused:

I also wonder if they will change the minimum number of days you can purchase onboard from 4 to 3?

It's never a good idea to assume that the phone operators have the current, correct information.

That is true about the operators. When we called to make an adjustment to our booking on Enchantment in August, the lady on the phone said, "Oh, I see they are putting a large screen on the pool deck. Hopefully it will be completed before your cruise." My sister and I let her know that it was already on there when we sailed last November.

Sent from my ME302KL using Forums mobile app