Reflection Category 2 C Cabins

jascal

Try perusing the Sticky (above) listing S-class cabins -- a compilation of information from past cruisers.

Yes I have read the Sticky, however I was trying to get some more information from people who have sailed in 2 C cabins and who may not have posted a review on the S - Class compilation.

Yes I have read the Sticky, however I was trying to get some more information from people who have sailed in 2 C cabins and who may not have posted a review on the S - Class compilation.

We were in a 2C on the Silhouette, cabin 6176. The top of the lifeboard was at the level of the balcony floor. It prevented us from looking straight down, however, we could look out to the water either standing or sitting on the balcony. We would book this cabin again.

A couple of years ago we were looking for info on the 2C cabins for Solstice. The sticky really had more of an emphasis on higher end cabins, and we could not find much info for what we were looking for. Maybe that's changed. Anyway, for us, the prices dropped and we were able to go higher up.

Try reading the reviews, too. They usually list what cabin they were in, and you can tell if they liked it or not. It is time-consuming.;)

Can any one tell me what are the best cabins within the 2 C category ? I understand some have less obstructions than others. Any thoughts?

Hi Jascal

Have you seen the thread by Cruisetrail? I found the pictures/information a great help when we were allocated our GTY balcony cabin on Reflection. We were allocated a 2c catagory...with a great price! :)

edit: here is the link http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=28

FG:)

Edited by frogsgirl

Hi Jascal

Have you seen the thread by Cruisetrail? I found the pictures/information a great help when we were allocated our GTY balcony cabin on Reflection. We were allocated a 2c catagory...with a great price! :)

edit: here is the link http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=28

FG:)

I have read the info from Cruisetrail however some of the pictures and his corresponding cabin numbers do not seem to align to the deck plan from Celebrity. Given that, I did not want to base my decision on his opinion alone , so decided to post the question in case anyone has actually sailed in a 2 C cabin.

Would you happen to remember the cabin number you had in 2 C and what the obstruction was?

I have read the info from Cruisetrail however some of the pictures and his corresponding cabin numbers do not seem to align to the deck plan from Celebrity. Given that, I did not want to base my decision on his opinion alone , so decided to post the question in case anyone has actually sailed in a 2 C cabin.

Would you happen to remember the cabin number you had in 2 C and what the obstruction was?

Not gone yet (Sept). I have attached a photo, thumbnail only, of what we will likely see from 6159. I'm sure as more folk cruise her we will get further info.

FG :)

image.jpg.fd5de7c6b168d7416ba7e8f8807e3228.jpg

The Reflection was in port whilst we were in Miami recently. As it is the same as the Eclipse on which we have. 2d cabin booked I was particularly interested. I can only confirm what another poster has said ie 2c cabins are placed over the lifeboats. There appeared to be no other obstruction than not being able to look down at the sea. 2d cabins have the larger lifeboats in front of the balcony obstructing part of the lower balcony.

Having been on a Cunard ship where the obstructed cabin meant the lifeboat completely blocked the balcony the ones on the Reflection are very good and excellent value. You will have complete use of the balcony and view across to the sea and land.

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

We just booked 6158 and 6156 on Celebrity Reflection so it was great to see some posts.

Jascal, we'd love to see a picture from the view of 6158 if you happen to get a picture.

Frogsgirl, I see you are the same cruise ship and itinerary as we are (but not the same dates). Any information you have about the ship, ports, excursions, etc would be greatly appreciated. This is only our 2nd cruise, our first with Celebrity and I see you are a fairly seasoned cruiser :).

Keep in mind that if you are looking at an older review, some of the room numbers might not be exactly the same as newer bookings. Some of the ships had some re-numbering take place.

I ran into that when booking for the Equinox, they re-numbered some of the rooms recently. It took my TA and me a few minutes to realize that this spring when I was trying to book for June 2014.

We just booked 6158 and 6156 on Celebrity Reflection so it was great to see some posts.

Jascal, we'd love to see a picture from the view of 6158 if you happen to get a picture.

Frogsgirl, I see you are the same cruise ship and itinerary as we are (but not the same dates). Any information you have about the ship, ports, excursions, etc would be greatly appreciated. This is only our 2nd cruise, our first with Celebrity and I see you are a fairly seasoned cruiser :).

Hardly a seasoned cruiser but trying very hard to be:D Will happily share my experiences on my return......& cabin 6159

We will be on the Reflection next June and am also looking for experiences. I was looking at the long thread by cruisetrail and thought I had it down what I wanted but then saw another picture from someone else and it looks like the cabin numbering may have changed like someone said. We are in 6282 right now and 6250 and 6258 are open if anyone has any experience with them. I know we will have a partial view---just trying to get the best partial possible. We have three folks so a bit restricted in what rooms we can have. :)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
We will be on the Reflection next June and am also looking for experiences. I was looking at the long thread by cruisetrail and thought I had it down what I wanted but then saw another picture from someone else and it looks like the cabin numbering may have changed like someone said. We are in 6282 right now and 6250 and 6258 are open if anyone has any experience with them. I know we will have a partial view---just trying to get the best partial possible. We have three folks so a bit restricted in what rooms we can have. :)

Thanks!

I was very unhappy with cabin 6283. We were just above the lifeboats, and though it would seem that this would be OK as our view should not have been blocked, if you were seated and looking out, the top of the lifeboat, painted an awful orange/red color was an awful glaring eye-sore. I have had obstructed views before which I had always found to be OK; even though I had less of a view, the view was not as unpleasant. Also, there are no aft elevators on the ship, so the location is not very convenient. Don't know about the view, but 6250 is closer to the elevator.

We have 6242 on an upcoming nov. Cruise on the reflection and were told that we have the small white boat ,not the big one so can look down in between,also a bigger long balcony....,near the elevator just behind the hump....true anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we have 6242 for a month in jan. And did personal snooping. While aboard last dec. cabin not the largest of the larger ones, but definitely larger, and yes the view straight down gives you a small water view between life boats. Enjoy

I am sorry I can't remember my cabin number but when we were on Silhouette we had a 2C and our obstruction was just the roof of Blu. We were on Deck 6 in one of the seven or so aft cabins on the port side. I liked that cabin better than others further forward that were obstructed by the lifeboats because our obstruction was not lit at night so our star gazing wasn't affected.