Question about Butler for Celebrity Cruise Pro's

SeasTheDay12

Hi all...

I sailed on the Reflection TA last April, and was lucky enough to have a butler I had before who was fantastic on both cruises!

I will be sailing for a quick Carib cruise soon and would consider an expensive upgrade IF I could find out if that butler is onboard Reflection at that time?

Is there an email or contact that would be able to check if he is there, on holiday or still on Reflection? I'm sure it's difficult to find crew members onboard even though officers are often listed...

Just hope someone may have a way I could try for the information???

Thanks in advance!

Deb

It is always difficult to know which crew will be on any sailing. Even if a crew member has a contract and expects to be on a certain ship, they can always be moved at short notice. Even if a particular butler is on your cruise, there would be no certainty that they would be servicing your suite.

Thank you Project_gal for your thoughts...

In this case - it is my understanding from the butler and officers in charge that he is the head butler and assigned to top suites onboard only.

Of course you still never know about dates of contracts and same ships:confused:

I was just hoping there may be a way to email the ship's Guest Relations and ask....

Thank you for the reply...

Deb….

I've had 3 Butlers on X so far - 2 were AWESOME, 2 'ok'. Anyhow of the trip where I had an 'ok' butler - I knew his name in advance from these boards, and a suite pax told me the guy is sort of a dud.

SO on Day 2 I confirmed the Butler is a "dud" and all I did was be friendly, told him the name of my 2 great Butlers. I told the new Butler that after all the myriad of services the Butler provided - I was hooked on Celebrity suites. I of course mentioned all the details. It was a nice way of me say "Look, I know what you are supposed to do. I know all about it. So please, that's all I ask" miraculously after Day 2, my Butler got much better :)

When my parents cruise celebrity, they are always in suites. So much so that they are zenith members. My mom always tells me how she hands the butler a list that is 3 pages long. Then she discribes how his jaw drops to the floor!

When my parents cruise celebrity, they are always in suites. So much so that they are zenith members. My mom always tells me how she hands the butler a list that is 3 pages long. Then she discribes how his jaw drops to the floor!

WOW, I had better start writing a list, But what do I put on it?:eek:

Deb….

I've had 3 Butlers on X so far - 2 were AWESOME, 2 'ok'. Anyhow of the trip where I had an 'ok' butler - I knew his name in advance from these boards, and a suite pax told me the guy is sort of a dud.

SO on Day 2 I confirmed the Butler is a "dud" and all I did was be friendly, told him the name of my 2 great Butlers. I told the new Butler that after all the myriad of services the Butler provided - I was hooked on Celebrity suites. I of course mentioned all the details. It was a nice way of me say "Look, I know what you are supposed to do. I know all about it. So please, that's all I ask" miraculously after Day 2, my Butler got much better :)

I've always thought your posts were great, but this one doesn't add up :D

Seriously, why I responded was to say "thank you"! This is great advice. We have had 4 good butlers, one of which we've had twice and one of which we can't even remember his name and 1 AMAZING Butler, who will probably spoil all other butler experiences, and one that was pretty much a dud (thankfully, it was a short sailing). We have a long sailing coming up, that we really hope will be almost as good as our amazing butler on our last long sailing. If not, we now have a good strategy to help him (or her) step up her game.

Thanks and happy sailing,

Jenna

Deb….

Oh I know exactly what you mean! LOL....

The awesome one is like a super star! and I am already treating myself for a birthday cruise, and sailing solo it gets pricey in any suite, but IF he is onboard - it would be worth the extra$$ to go to a top suite as long as he is there...

Once he knows what you like- or when you prefer a latte or what ever- it is THERE without asking.... just amazing service above and beyond!

I wish I could find an email to the ship to ask if he is onboard but I will do my best to have a fantastic cruise anyway~ I will try your idea and hope the gentle hint works! "most" try hard to make your cruise happy. It's when you get the super star - you are spoiled!

Thanks for the great input!

Deb

Oh I know exactly what you mean! LOL....

The awesome one is like a super star! and I am already treating myself for a birthday cruise, and sailing solo it gets pricey in any suite, but IF he is onboard - it would be worth the extra$$ to go to a top suite as long as he is there...

Once he knows what you like- or when you prefer a latte or what ever- it is THERE without asking.... just amazing service above and beyond!

I wish I could find an email to the ship to ask if he is onboard but I will do my best to have a fantastic cruise anyway~ I will try your idea and hope the gentle hint works! "most" try hard to make your cruise happy. It's when you get the super star - you are spoiled!

Thanks for the great input!

Deb

You should be able to find or figure out the email address for the Michael's Club concierge who may be able to help you. They have been posted on these boards.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thank you Project_gal for your thoughts...

In this case - it is my understanding from the butler and officers in charge that he is the head butler and assigned to top suites onboard only.

Of course you still never know about dates of contracts and same ships:confused:

I was just hoping there may be a way to email the ship's Guest Relations and ask....

Thank you for the reply...

On most suites, the Head Butler only services one of the two PHs and half the RS. Not sure of the split on Reflection but, unless you are in the Reflection Suite, it will still be a lottery whether you get the Head Butler.

Our latest cruise was a B2B but we had to swap PHs between cruises. The Head Butler decided to swap sides for this cruise so that he could stay with us. I am just concerned that you will could be extremely disappointed if you paid for the upgrade and then find that something unexpected had happened and you did not get the butler you hoped for.

Edited by Project_gal

I will love to see this list!!! three pages long? We don't care too much about butlers but I did appreciate the new concierge services last summer on the Reflection. :)

WOW....I'd like to see that list too.....:eek:

On most suites, the Head Butler only services one of the two PHs and half the RS. Not sure of the split on Reflection but, unless you are in the Reflection Suite, it will still be a lottery whether you get the Head Butler.

Our latest cruise was a B2B but we had to swap PHs between cruises. The Head Butler decided to swap sides for this cruise so that he could stay with us. I am just concerned that you will could be extremely disappointed if you paid for the upgrade and then find that something unexpected had happened and you did not get the butler you hoped for.

Yes - good info, thanks!

His assignment was RF suite, Signature suites, and PH's for Apr '14 TA. I met him years ago as my butler in a Royal, and on the TA I enjoyed a SG suite.

He really deserves Head Butler status, and from the posts it's great to know there are more super butlers on the horizon!:p

Deb

The service level from the entire crew with few exceptions on Reflection was overall very very good, no matter your cabin choice.

I think I will see if I can find email address for Micheal's Concierge, and if anyone knows where to look....help!:eek:

I think I will see if I can find email address for Micheal's Concierge, and if anyone knows where to look....help!:eek:

I believe it is RF_Michael'sClubConcierge@celebrity.com with the RF for X Reflection on X Equinox the prefix was EQ

Greg

I have seen some people really treat the butlers as their personal manservants. It's scary funny

I will love to see this list!!! three pages long? We don't care too much about butlers but I did appreciate the new concierge services last summer on the Reflection. :)

WOW....I'd like to see that list too.....:eek:

Maybe it is in large font and written in multiple languages :D...I have only a few things I request when we board...

1) We love ice and need it filled as often as possible.

2) Reqeust they leave cookies during tea service even if we are not in the cabin

3) Dinner reservations at specialty restaurants if not done before we board

4) Give the butler a heads up we usually do a full breakfast in the suite each morning and to leave room service cards each day

5) Swap out the champage for a white wine

I think thats it...

I believe it is RF_Michael'sClubConcierge@celebrity.com with the RF for X Reflection on X Equinox the prefix was EQ

Greg

Thank you again Greg !!! It worked!

The bad news- he "JUST" left for his break!:(

The GOOD NEWS - he will be home with his family for the Holidays! As much as I'd love it - MUCH better to be home for Holidays for him~:p

But I am sure I will have a fantastic cruise!

Again thanks for the email info - saved me a lot of trouble AND $$ LOL

Deb

Maybe it is in large font and written in multiple languages :D...I have only a few things I request when we board...

2) Reqeust they leave cookies during tea service even if we are not in the cabin

4) Give the butler a heads up we usually do a full breakfast in the suite each morning and to leave room service cards each day

I think thats it...

That is not too much of a request and I suppose it makes it very clear.:)

I wonder what is on the 3 pages though, please reveal amscene1::rolleyes:

Edited by MicCanberra

I think thats it...

Well you have reasonable nice requests

I have a couple of friends that are hotel directors and they have shared some stories, it's amazing what some people want, and sad part is many times the most demanding passengers with a laundry list of demands, and freebies request are the ones that leave a $10/day gratuity

I always pre-pay the gratuities as I go select dining, so is that on top of the daily amount or instead of.:eek:

I think many if not most suite guests tip butlers (and Michael's Concierges) extra if utilized and if provide great service. We do.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think many if not most suite guests tip butlers (and Michael's Concierges) extra if utilized and if provide great service. We do.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Ok, We always tip a bit extra (on top of the pre-paid tips) for our room steward and certainly would for a Butler. It is not worked out as a daily rate, just an amount we think is appropriate for the length of the cruise.:D

Ok, We always tip a bit extra (on top of the pre-paid tips) for our room steward and certainly would for a Butler. It is not worked out as a daily rate, just an amount we think is appropriate for the length of the cruise.:D

This is what we do, what the daily rate ends up being is just a function of the total, some cruises more, some less, but I think it is more than $5/day and maybe some cruises $10/day extra.

Happy sailing,

Jenna