Calling busty ladies...so frustrated with bathing suites

thehams

I'm a large chested girl and I need "special" bathing suites. Meaning I can't just go any where. I bought one last summer and it was over $100.00 for the top and bottom, ONE. They need to be able to carry my size and have under wire tops.

That's not something you can just walk into a regular store and find. So I researched on-line and found a few sites who cater to busty woman, but they are SO expensive. I have only this one bathing suite, so I need to buy more, like several more! I can't go and drop $350.00 on bathing suites alone.

A good idea would be to start buying now (cruise is in 6 months) and that way it won't be so much $$ at one time. Problem with that is, I'm losing weight, so whatever I buy now, will not fit in 6 months.

Any one have this issue or is it just me. I've looked at several sites and they are all around the same price range. I guess this is just more a vent! Thanks for reading and feel free to pass on some helpful tips, if you have any :o

How many suits do you need? The part that takes awhile to dry is the bra top due to the light padding. Buy two tops and one bottom and you're set. I like the Profile by Gottex and Tommy Bahama.

How many suits do you need? The part that takes awhile to dry is the bra top due to the light padding. Buy two tops and one bottom and you're set. I like the Profile by Gottex and Tommy Bahama.

At least 2, it would be nice to have 3!

I don't know what size you are looking for, but I highly recommend Athleta if they accommodate your size:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=46656&mlink=9325564,topNavW&clink=9325564

Look for "Bra Sized Swim" on the menu.

I have several Athleta suits. Very well made. The return policy is out of this world. You can return things for any reason at any time. The site says "Give it a workout guarantee: Work it out. If it doesn't perform, return it."

I tried on some Athleta suits, and even with wires they don't offer support to larger chested women. They also don't offer any higher waisted bottoms. :(

I own the twisted top style...38 D/DD and 40 D/DD...and that particular style has worked very well for me...

I don't know what size you are looking for, but I highly recommend Athleta if they accommodate your size:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=46656&mlink=9325564,topNavW&clink=9325564

Look for "Bra Sized Swim" on the menu.

I have several Athleta suits. Very well made. The return policy is out of this world. You can return things for any reason at any time. The site says "Give it a workout guarantee: Work it out. If it doesn't perform, return it."

Their sizes don't go high enough :(

Check eBay. I found bathing suits that fit me on eBay. I wear a 32F which no one carries except for the specialty shops and as you stated, they are wickedly expensive. Once you lose the weight, you might find that you fit in some of the "regular" store's suits. I didn't think I would be able to, but I have found two that fit; one in Walmart of all places.

I get my swim suits at Lands End.

They go up to DDD and even though I'm a G cup, they still work well enough for me.

They carry all sizes from small to plus and sell tankinis as separates.

So what I do is spend the money on the tops which can be up to $70 and get cheap black or navy bottoms at target or somewhere. The mismatched look is in so I figure it's ok not to be all matchy matchy.

Also, Land's end has a lot on clearance so if you aren't particular about the color you can sometimes luck out.

I just bought 2 tankini tops that are Profile by Gottex. Underwire, full bra inside, bra sizing, power rouching on the torso to keep everything in. I got one at Bikini Village for $100 and then found another just a different print on ebay for $50.

I just bought three bottoms at walmart that match both tops...

14036418250.jpg13711358493.jpg

Another busty woman here (36 or 38 DDD)- most of my suits are Lands End. I have a couple exercise suits that are speedo from Costco (but since I hate to swim for exercise, I've learned, I don't wear them often:rolleyes:)

We did a sailing trip in 2013, so I brought 3 LE suits, and I got a couple tops from Swim Outlet to wear with black bottoms http://www.swimoutlet.com/d-cup-up-tops-c9355/#redirect=false&cat=600&page=1&sortby=Newest&viewall=yes

(I found their prices cheaper than other online options for large chested tops - I got 2 bikini tops and 1 tankini I think - Sporti brand has some for $16 now and I know at least one of my underwire tops is that brand)

Sierra Trading Post has had some LE suits in the past and they have some other options for large busts too right now - but that's hit or miss - great prices if you can score though! http://www.sierratradingpost.com/jag-solid-bikini-top-for-women~p~7891d/?filterString=womens-swimwear~d~274%2F&colorFamily=02

Edited by Hoyaheel

I just bought 2 tankini tops that are Profile by Gottex. Underwire, full bra inside, bra sizing, power rouching on the torso to keep everything in. I got one at Bikini Village for $100 and then found another just a different print on ebay for $50.

I just bought three bottoms at walmart that match both tops...

14036418250.jpg13711358493.jpg

I *love* the suit on the right. How is the sizing? I found it online but a lot of reviews say that gottex tends to run small. I think I would buy the bottom one size up but the tankini top is band and cup specific so I need to know if the top you bought is the same as your regular bra size. Thanks!

I'm a plus sized gal and I've ordered swimsuits online at swimsuits4all. They have reasonable prices and you might be able to find one there

I was just looking at their website today during lunch! Loved many of their suits. I'm hoping to lose some weight before my trip in November. Come September, I will be ordering at least 2 suits from them.

I *love* the suit on the right. How is the sizing? I found it online but a lot of reviews say that gottex tends to run small. I think I would buy the bottom one size up but the tankini top is band and cup specific so I need to know if the top you bought is the same as your regular bra size. Thanks!

I typically wear a 34E, but I could only get this in a 36E. The larger band size is way more comfortable. There are two hooks (just like a bra) on the inside. I can definitely wear it on the last hook, but I wouldn't want to stretch it out. I'm only 5 feet tall and top isn't too long on me, and the straps adjust fine.

The blue one has really amazing colours. I just bought black bottoms for it, but I'd love to get some jade green or purple.

I found it online but a lot of reviews say that gottex tends to run small. I think I would buy the bottom one size up but the tankini top is band and cup specific so I need to know if the top you bought is the same as your regular bra size. Thanks!

Missed this question...I would agree profile runs small. Thus, why the 36 bands fits me.

Don't waste your money buying "their" bottoms at $50, just get cheaper ones in case they get snagged or something.

I'd seriously check out ebay first. I got the blue one for the $50. I could have bought the matching cover-up for $20!

Missed this question...I would agree profile runs small. Thus, why the 36 bands fits me.

Don't waste your money buying "their" bottoms at $50, just get cheaper ones in case they get snagged or something.

I'd seriously check out ebay first. I got the blue one for the $50. I could have bought the matching cover-up for $20!

Thanks for the info. I checked eBay and nothing in my size unfortunately. And the website that I found has only size 32. Going a size up, I would need a 34 so I guess it is out of the question for now. I will keep checking eBay though as I really love that suit. You are one lucky lady that you were able to snag it.

Thanks for the info. I checked eBay and nothing in my size unfortunately. And the website that I found has only size 32. Going a size up, I would need a 34 so I guess it is out of the question for now. I will keep checking eBay though as I really love that suit. You are one lucky lady that you were able to snag it.

I've seen this one in Bikini Village stores and the colours are bright and vibrant!

http://www.profilebygottex.com/photo?top_group=42&img=1027&i=6

14223817062.jpg

Panache do good swimwear in bra sizes and they do have matching bottoms in various styles. I just ordered a tankini BNWTags off ebay uk, a panache veronica style. I also find Gottex good and I am a very large cup size, yet small band size so very difficult to fit. Have a great holiday and good luck with the ongoing weight loss.

Check out Freya. There suites are not cheap, but you can find them on Ebay for a decent price. I am a 28G-30FF and they fit like a dream.

You can just google the name and see if any site has a sale on that brand.

Good luck.

I am in the UK and have the same issue as you. Bra-sized bikinis are quite expensive but are necessary for me. We have several retailers here who cater for this, I am not sure if you can access the in the US. Some good ones I have purchased from are Curvy Kate(decent, substantial 'bottoms'), Freya, Panache. These are all brands and can be purchased online via Bravissimo, Brastop and Debenhams. I hope you have some success with shipping to your home!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm size 16 with D cups; I know the feeling.... I found some good deals at zulily when they have a swimsuit sale for like $18 -22 each. Winded up getting 3 bathing suits from on 2 separate occasions last year:

The 1st 2 for last minute 1st cruise I had:

zu7512764_main_tm1391203108.jpgzu7512750_main_tm1391203108.jpg

The 3rd one to have alternate, just because:

zu7512739_main_tm1391203108.jpg

Thy held everything without nothing popping out at top and that's what matters. :D

Edited by maywell