Discrepancy with Baileys on Classic?

Barwick Cruiser

On all the lists provided by Celebrity, especially the recently posted comparison chart between classic and premium it shows Bailey's Irish Cream available on the Classic package. A new pic review of the Solstice cruise this summer contains a post showing a dessert menu from the MDR with available spirits and Baileys is listed with a price of $9...isn't that above the classic limit for liqueurs? We're sailing this September on Solstice and were under the impression our two favorite liqueurs, Baileys and Cointreau would be covered under the Classic package but now I'm confused...anyone have any experience lately of having these covered under classic?

Thanks all

Cathy

On all the lists provided by Celebrity, especially the recently posted comparison chart between classic and premium it shows Bailey's Irish Cream available on the Classic package. A new pic review of the Solstice cruise this summer contains a post showing a dessert menu from the MDR with available spirits and Baileys is listed with a price of $9...isn't that above the classic limit for liqueurs? We're sailing this September on Solstice and were under the impression our two favorite liqueurs, Baileys and Cointreau would be covered under the Classic package but now I'm confused...anyone have any experience lately of having these covered under classic?

Thanks all

Cathy

Bailey's was on the classic drink package last month on Summit, wife also had it on Solstice last August on the classic package.

Bailey's was on the classic drink package last month on Summit, wife also had it on Solstice last August on the classic package.

Thanks Don for that info. It worries me when I see it listed on a current menu for $9 knowing that the limit under classic is $8...guess the menu has glitches like the website:D

We had Baileys in May on the Constellation & it was covered by the Classic package. DH had Cointreau, he had the Premium package but I'm pretty sure that it was within the Classic package.

We had Baileys in May on the Constellation & it was covered by the Classic package. DH had Cointreau, he had the Premium package but I'm pretty sure that it was within the Classic package.

Thanks jelayne! Maybe the Classic covers liqueurs up to $9 then...

Cathy

I've just come off Equinox (4 July) and had the Classic package and Baileys was $8 and therefore included. $9 spirits are NOT included in the Classic package, so if that's what they're going to be pricing Baileys at, then you'd be out of luck :(

The price limit is $6 for beer, $8 for cocktails, and $9 for a glass of wine.

I wouldn't be surprised if they priced more things out - I think their aim is to get you to upgrade to Premium. I'm not much of a drinker (we just got the package as part of 1-2-3) but my impression was that you could get a couple of choices in each category providing you weren't overly fussy. But if you're a beer or wine connoisseur you're probably going to risk being disappointed.

I saw the $9 price for Baileys on the MDR menu as well so maybe they charge more for a drink in the MDR vice the bars since the server has to go get the drink vice just sliding it across the bar to you.....I would just check the price at a bar when you board and if its $9 there too upgrade then, if not then don't though I do like my Baileys after dinner in the MDR but I always upgrade anyway so its a non issue.....

Thanks all

Cathy

These are also my favourite drinks :D they were available on the classic drinks package last Oct. French martini was not included in the classic package but I managed to have several! :cool: just get to know your bar person, smile and be nice to the bar staff. ;)

Make sure the drinks list you have is not one for their ships sailing from Southampton, UK. They add the gratuities onto the drinks price list but increase the price of drinks available on the classic package.

Edited by Issyalex

Make sure the drinks list you have is not one for their ships sailing from Southampton, UK. They add the gratuities onto the drinks price list but increase the price of drinks available on the classic package.

The Celebrity website shows two lists comparing Classic to Premium and it shows Baileys as well as Cointreau being included in the Classic package. A poster has done a review of his Alaska cruise which just finished on the Solstice a week ago and has included a picture of the MDR dessert menu offering Baileys for $9...we're on the Solstice in September so that's why I'm wondering why the discrepancy. We can obviously do without those two drinks for the cruise, or pay for them individually but it seems strange that two current Celebrity sources show different prices for the same product! Also can't imagine paying $9 for a shot of Baileys!!:D

Cathy

Thanks all

Cathy

Was this sailing out of Southampton where the gratuity is included? Then the $9 makes sense. Out of the US it would be $8 + grat

Was this sailing out of Southampton where the gratuity is included? Then the $9 makes sense. Out of the US it would be $8 + grat

They do the same thing with cruises out of Australia. As the Solstice was here October to April the OP may have seen a list from then.

Can confirm Bailey's was available on the classic package in May.

Strangely, I asked for a 9 $ cocktail which was I believe the cocktail of the day and therefore on promo and was refused. So I got a 9 $ prosecco instead.

Not stumpted for long!:D

Edited by morbihan

The Celebrity website shows two lists comparing Classic to Premium and it shows Baileys as well as Cointreau being included in the Classic package. A poster has done a review of his Alaska cruise which just finished on the Solstice a week ago and has included a picture of the MDR dessert menu offering Baileys for $9...we're on the Solstice in September so that's why I'm wondering why the discrepancy. We can obviously do without those two drinks for the cruise, or pay for them individually but it seems strange that two current Celebrity sources show different prices for the same product! Also can't imagine paying $9 for a shot of Baileys!!:D

Cathy

I suggest going with the information showing on X's website OR contact X for an updated explanation if it is very important too.. bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

A later menu on day 4 of this good Solstice review shows Baileys priced at $8.

Yes, just noticed this too...am wondering now whether the first menu that was posted with the $9 charge was not replaced when the Solstice came back from Aus and started doing the Alaska runs where the prices listed are before gratuity.