excurions....any tips???

Cruisevirgin40

A great section of C.C. look for your islands and start researching.

Grand Turk, great beach day you get off the ship and you're on the beach.

St. Maarten, Orient Beach, Maho Beach (where the planes land), this is always a congetsted island with lots of traffic, be sure to allow time to get back to the ship.

A great section of C.C. look for your islands and start researching.

Grand Turk, great beach day you get off the ship and you're on the beach.

St. Maarten, Orient Beach, Maho Beach (where the planes land), this is always a congetsted island with lots of traffic, be sure to allow time to get back to the ship.

Ecellent. Thank you. Will have a look at those beaches. Have read somewhere else that its not worth doing any excursions in Grand Turk so may just save our money for something else!

Ecellent. Thank you. Will have a look at those beaches. Have read somewhere else that its not worth doing any excursions in Grand Turk so may just save our money for something else!

Although Orient Beach in St. Martin is wonderful...it is clothing optional..so I probably would not take my young sons there. Maho Beach on the other hand, I think the boys would love seeing the planes land. Just YOU TUBE Maho Beach to see it. :)

Booked on Carnival Magic 5th August 2017. Ports of call are Grand Turk, San Juan Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten.

We are a family of 4 (two boys age 11 and 14).

Thanks!

Grand Turk ... No need to go elsewhere. The beach is right there. Also within the cruise ship compound the use of the pool & chairs at Margaritaville are at n/c. Naturally, you would need to pay for any food or drinks.

San Juan ... The boys would enjoy visiting both forts. There are tunnels and that sore of thing.

St. Kitts ... Booking an excursion to a beach would probably suit them best.

St. Maarten ... Orient Beach is fun and active. Great for the boys! Unless you go to the Orient Club section, about the only nudity is maybe some women topless. No big deal.

Look forward to enjoying your cruise! :)

Grand Turk ... No need to go elsewhere. The beach is right there. Also within the cruise ship compound the use of the pool & chairs at Margaritaville are at n/c. Naturally, you would need to pay for any food or drinks.

San Juan ... The boys would enjoy visiting both forts. There are tunnels and that sore of thing.

St. Kitts ... Booking an excursion to a beach would probably suit them best.

St. Maarten ... Orient Beach is fun and active. Great for the boys! Unless you go to the Orient Club section, about the only nudity is maybe some women topless. No big deal.

Look forward to enjoying your cruise! :)

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Have seen the forts on YouTube so perhaps might give those a look. Thanks for your help x

Snorkel with turtles? One of our favorite snorkel iswith Fury Charters in St. Thomas. They are close to port and they offer a great excursion. if you don't snorkel, they will teach you. It is a great trip with kids.

They take you out at a time when the ships excursions are not crowding the water. :) We like the morning trip.

http://www.usvisailing.com/daysails.html

Edited by janetz

Snorkel with turtles? One of our favorite snorkel iswith Fury Charters in St. Thomas. They are close to port and they offer a great excursion. if you don't snorkel, they will teach you. It is a great trip with kids.

They take you out at a time when the ships excursions are not crowding the water. :) We like the morning trip.

http://www.usvisailing.com/daysails.html

Looks amazing!! Unfortunately St Thomas isn't one of our ports on this cruise. Shame as we would love to swim with the turtles!

Looks amazing!! Unfortunately St Thomas isn't one of our ports on this cruise. Shame as we would love to swim with the turtles!

Oh my goodness. My mistake.

In St. Maarten, we have taken a taxi to Divi Little Bay which is less then 10 minutes from port. The resort has a great beach you can use and they also rent jet skis. :)

In St Martin I would recommend booking a tour with Bernard's Tours. You will get s great tour of the island, beach time, a stop in Marigot the French Capitol and then to the airport at Maho to watch the planes land.

Bernard is well known on the island and a very successful businessman. You will have no worries about getting back to the ship in plenty of time.

Have a great cruise!!

If you've not seen the El Yunque rain forest, I highly recommend you do that in San Juan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Funnily enough I've been watching that on YouTube today and doing some research. Really fancy a trip to the rainforest as definitely an amazing thing for the boys to experience. Think San Juan is the only port we're stuck for something to do. It's not showing as a carnival excursion. Who did you book though? Any more info on it would be appreciated.

I second GTO-Girl's suggestion to look into Bernard's Tour for St. Maarten. I used them in 2013, and I was not disappointed one bit. It's one of my most favorite places I've ever been to. They were very friendly, professional, and I had enough time at each stop to enjoy everything.

In St Martin I would recommend booking a tour with Bernard's Tours. You will get s great tour of the island, beach time, a stop in Marigot the French Capitol and then to the airport at Maho to watch the planes land.

Bernard is well known on the island and a very successful businessman. You will have no worries about getting back to the ship in plenty of time.

Have a great cruise!!

Although Orient Beach in St. Martin is wonderful...it is clothing optional..so I probably would not take my young sons there. Maho Beach on the other hand, I think the boys would love seeing the planes land. Just YOU TUBE Maho Beach to see it.

OrientBeach13_zpsa70636f0.jpg

OrientBeach5_zps24d950ee.jpg

OrientBeach3_zpscf88b59a.jpg

D7-6.jpg

hStm9_zps3df5c395.jpg

hStm10_zps1424c244.jpg