What is your favorite cover-up?

wonderdox

I am always looking for ideas for a swim-suit cover up.

What is your favorite, where did you buy it, and if you can remember (and don't mind sharing with others) what was the price range? If you can post a picture or link to it that would be an added bonus:)

I am eyeing the one below. It is being sold by Macy's. It is the "Dotti Cover Up, Three-Quarter-Sleeve Beaded Tunic" and retails currently for $56 before a 20% discount.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/dotti-cover-up-three-quarter-sleeve-beaded-tunic?ID=757700&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DDotti%26SWIM_STYLE%3DCover-Up%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D82%26slotId%3D10

coverup.gif.jpg.12c049f8c1929ffea5194164710ef521.jpg

Edited by wonderdox

I've been on this search myself. I really REALLY like the one you posted as it has what I want in a cover up. Long enough to wander into the Lido buffet or the local grocery store here at home. Sleeves! I don't get sleeveless cover ups! When I'm ready to cover up from the sun, it's my shoulders that usually need the most protection.

My favorite is this North Face dress that I picked up on clearance for around $20 last fall.

P1140008_zps3bf25aec.jpg

I love the fact that it is quick drying.

Lisa

What a smart idea! Just because it is not listed as a cover up does not mean it can be used as one. The quick drying dresses are perfect :)

I've been on this search myself. I really REALLY like the one you posted as it has what I want in a cover up. Long enough to wander into the Lido buffet or the local grocery store here at home. Sleeves! I don't get sleeveless cover ups! When I'm ready to cover up from the sun, it's my shoulders that usually need the most protection.

I hear you! I am as fair as they come so I have to watch how much skin I expose:) This one is a little expensive so I am still looking:)

Edited by wonderdox

I have a white linen hooded sweater that comes down to the bottom of my butt that works well. I also use board shorts and rash guard jackets. I don't like to have to pull things over my head.

My favorite cover ups come from Lands End. They're good quality cotton that lasts, and lots of them have pockets -- pockets are a must. I want either a sleeveless (or very short sleeve) cover up. I wear the cover up for modesty when going into the buffet or my room; I am always wearing sunscreen for sun protection. I will absolutely reject any cover up with sleeves or thicker material (i.e., terry cloth). These are also good as a casual dress.

Oops -- forgot to mention price. Most of the ones I own were in th $15-20 price range. Lands End stuff goes on good sales fairly often, and the small sizes are almost always left for clearance at the end of the season.

Edited by MrsPete

I am always looking for ideas for a swim-suit cover up.

What is your favorite, where did you buy it, and if you can remember (and don't mind sharing with others) what was the price range? If you can post a picture or link to it that would be an added bonus:)

I am eyeing the one below. It is being sold by Macy's. It is the "Dotti Cover Up, Three-Quarter-Sleeve Beaded Tunic" and retails currently for $56 before a 20% discount.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/dotti-cover-up-three-quarter-sleeve-beaded-tunic?ID=757700&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DDotti%26SWIM_STYLE%3DCover-Up%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D82%26slotId%3D10

Where was this two months ago when I was looking for one?! I'm super pale and will burn the second I'm out in the sun so I have been looking for a 3/4 sleeve cover up (that's not sheer) to wear on our water excursions. This one looks amazing!

Here's what I bought for our cruise from JC Penny. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it covers my shoulders which is the most important thing as they burn quick and hard. I purchased it in black and hits lower thigh so it's long enough to be appropriate to wear in a casual restaurant or browse the tourist shops before getting back on the ship. I think I paid around $25 after discounts and a coupon.

DP0409201418261579C.tif?op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=5.333333333333333&id=06hO1jm4ZsPxkD5azVun9d

http://www.jcpenney.com/ana-deep-v-neck-empire-waist-cover-up-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003450286&catId=cat100250101&deptId=dept20000013&N=100260338&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=cover-ups&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=cover-ups%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=cover-ups&colorizedImg=DP1025201318251187C.tif

Edited by iheartmarshall

I love all the pics you ladies posted. I still haven't mastered the art of posting pics but I have several just like the one the OP posted. I rarely pay more than $20 for mine and usually only about $10 or $15 as I shop mostly end of season sales every year. I get most, if not all of mine, at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross 4 Less. I've got some beautiful designer ones (I recently scored a Michael Kors one on sale...it wasn't a cover-up per se...it was one of his tunic tops). I've also bought some in Mexico on the beach for really cheap.:D

I love using tunic tops as cover-ups because I will wear them with a pair of capri pants to casual dinner nights in the MDR and then over my swimsuit and capris on another day. It's the only time I really ever wear clothing more than once on a cruise. :)

Edited by mousey

I bought a sheer pullover top with long sleeves many years ago at TJ Maxx or Marshalls -- probably for less than $10 -- which I wear as a cover-up. It is a size or two too big for me, so it is flowy and cool, and it gives me a little sun protection (though I don't count on it for that.) I usually wear it alone, but sometimes with a pair of tie-front, cropped wide-leg pants in white cotton mesh.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I got one from macys years ago and I always get compliments. I wish I had a picture. It's a black wrap around with clear sequins attached at intervals. It's really cute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well... if you have to find a pic please share!

I have a white linen hooded sweater that comes down to the bottom of my butt that works well. I also use board shorts and rash guard jackets. I don't like to have to pull things over my head.

I purchased a rashguard last year after the suggestion from another person on CC. I needed something to wear when snorkeling. It zips so you dont have to pull it over your head. This was purchased from Land Ends.

rashguard.jpg.720763a5f956b19fd17906c3618e3e9b.jpg

I bought a sheer pullover top with long sleeves many years ago at TJ Maxx or Marshalls -- probably for less than $10 -- which I wear as a cover-up. It is a size or two too big for me, so it is flowy and cool, and it gives me a little sun protection (though I don't count on it for that.) I usually wear it alone, but sometimes with a pair of tie-front, cropped wide-leg pants in white cotton mesh.

ry%3D400

Love this... thinking outside the box!

I typically just use a sundress. I actually just got one at Walgreens of all places for 10 dollars.gara3eta.jpg

Don't mind the dog in the corner of the picture :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm... the dog is an additional bonus lol. I didnt realize Walgreen sold things like this. I guess it is seasonal offering?

Where was this two months ago when I was looking for one?! I'm super pale and will burn the second I'm out in the sun so I have been looking for a 3/4 sleeve cover up (that's not sheer) to wear on our water excursions. This one looks amazing!

Here's what I bought for our cruise from JC Penny. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it covers my shoulders which is the most important thing as they burn quick and hard. I purchased it in black and hits lower thigh so it's long enough to be appropriate to wear in a casual restaurant or browse the tourist shops before getting back on the ship. I think I paid around $25 after discounts and a coupon.

DP0409201418261579C.tif?op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=5.333333333333333&id=06hO1jm4ZsPxkD5azVun9d

http://www.jcpenney.com/ana-deep-v-neck-empire-waist-cover-up-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003450286&catId=cat100250101&deptId=dept20000013&N=100260338&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=cover-ups&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=cover-ups%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=cover-ups&colorizedImg=DP1025201318251187C.tif

Digging the color selection... particularly the orange. I never shop at Penny's (nothing against them) I might need to give them a try.

My favorite cover ups come from Lands End. They're good quality cotton that lasts, and lots of them have pockets -- pockets are a must. I want either a sleeveless (or very short sleeve) cover up. I wear the cover up for modesty when going into the buffet or my room; I am always wearing sunscreen for sun protection. I will absolutely reject any cover up with sleeves or thicker material (i.e., terry cloth). These are also good as a casual dress.

Oops -- forgot to mention price. Most of the ones I own were in th $15-20 price range. Lands End stuff goes on good sales fairly often, and the small sizes are almost always left for clearance at the end of the season.

I have been love with Lands End recently. I am always nervous about purchasing items online but have had luck with several items.