LOTS: 1400 or 1402

csnarpy

Hey kids,

So these rooms just came available on my upcoming cruise and we've always wanted to try a balcony at the back of a ship.

1400 is wide but short?

1402 looks normal?

Has anyone experienced these rooms before?

Any tips would be great!

We were on the Freedom about 5 years or so ago. Here is the video I uploaded onto Youtube.

We loved that cabin...it was huge but the balcony was the real treat. Many afternoon naps out there. LOL

Grab it if its available...they don't last long.

:p

2 people in the cabin-- can not book 1400 or 1700 anymore though. They changed the rules. You can check but has to be 3 or more I believe now.

Not true. I went to final payment twice with only 2 people and no problems. I then talked to my TA and as we were going over the pricing dispute with Royal Caribbean, I ended up losing the room. But, I did get 1402 which is fine by us because I really just want a bigger balcony.

Now I can set up my hammock properly and enjoy!

(Also, at first royal wanted to charge us an additional $900 to upgrade from D3 to D1, which I quickly said no since the price was only $200 more, but after a long two hours with my TA and Royal all on the phone, I settled on $320 and free grats but somehow my TA managed to get charges further reduced to a total of $31 and still got the free grats! - Needless to say, I'll be staying with this TA for a long time) (FYI, all prices CDN $$)

Edited by csnarpy

• 4 weeks later...
I just got back from a week on Liberty and had cabin 7708, aft corner balcony. Until last week I thought cabin 1700 was the best balcony on the ship, not anymore. The cabin itself was smaller than 1700, but the balcony was much nicer. [ATTACH]398377[/ATTACH][ATTACH]398378[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in 1700 on Freedom, and we'll soon be in 7688 on Adventure. Looks like 7688/7388 on Adventure are similar to 7708/7408 on Liberty.

I can't wait to see the difference between our upcoming Adventure cabin compared to our experience in 1700 on Freedom!

Not true. I went to final payment twice with only 2 people and no problems.

It *could have been* true before. When you saw it they had released it for 2 people. But usually (since a change a couple/few years ago) it isn't generally initially available for any party but a party of 3.

Glad you snagged it!

At least on Freedom it's kind of funky, but it's huge, and unique. I like the unique cabins.

Edited by mollyeilis