Royal Palms - All Inclusive

CocoaMom

We signed up for the AI at Royal Palms in May. I will come back and let everyone know how it went.

For my DH and I, this was more cost effective. Last time when were were there, the mixed drinks were really expenisive so we opted for buckets of beer. Had a sit down meal, and it was wonderful. By the time we paid to get in, chairs, umbrella, food and drinks, we spent well over $200.

We signed up for the AI at Royal Palms in May. I will come back and let everyone know how it went.

For my DH and I, this was more cost effective. Last time when were were there, the mixed drinks were really expenisive so we opted for buckets of beer. Had a sit down meal, and it was wonderful. By the time we paid to get in, chairs, umbrella, food and drinks, we spent well over $200.

We are booked AI @ Royal Palms April 11...will try to get back and report!

We also booked the AI package for our vacation next month. We wanted to freedom to have a few drinks (or more - wink, wink) and figured that this way we can go and drink and relax to our heart's delight and pay the one price. I'll try to come back and provide an update as well. :)

Could someone who is going also take a quick photo of one of the beach cabanas, if possible, or just check them out so they could provide feedback? I've been trying to determine if these are worth it but I can't really find any good photos online. Thanks! :)

Just curious .....When reserving online do they ask for a deposit or just take your reservation? Would you feel uncomfortable giving them your credit card info?

I really want to book the AI for our September cruise....

Edited by GTO-Girl

The a la carte prices are reasonable to be quite honest (Grand Cayman is expensive all over) but if you come to do some serious drinking, the AI is a no brainer. Those drinks add up real quick, especially the cocktails.

Just curious .....When reserving online do they ask for a deposit or just take your reservation? Would you feel uncomfortable giving them your credit card info?

I really want to book the AI for our September cruise....

When we booked, we submitted our information online and then we got an email that directed us to go to a link provided and enter our credit card info to hold our reservation. Our card will be charged upon arrival. I was hesitant at first but our card hasn't been charged and the place and link seem legit. Good luck!

When we booked, we submitted our information online and then we got an email that directed us to go to a link provided and enter our credit card info to hold our reservation. Our card will be charged upon arrival. I was hesitant at first but our card hasn't been charged and the place and link seem legit. Good luck!

We don't usually take our credit card in port and not so sure I would want my information floating around in Mexico......I may have to rethink this.....

Thanks a bunch!!!

We don't usually take our credit card in port and not so sure I would want my information floating around in Mexico......I may have to rethink this.....

Thanks a bunch!!!

Royal Palms is in Grand Cayman, not Mexico, and the Cayman Islands are the banking capital of the world. Their dollar is valued more than USD, and most folks in the country make good wages. It is a very safe place, Royal Palms is legit, and aside from foreign transaction fees your credit card may charge, I'd have no reservations with giving them credit card info. Just my $.02.

Just make sure the website you enter the info on is an https:// and not just http://.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

If you've used your credit card in Walmart or Target, or online with Amazon, you've got a MUCH higher chance of that than if you use it with Royal Palms. As Dan-P said, it's Cayman, not Mexico, and if you're worried about hackers, a large company like the aforementioned is in much more danger of that than a small, very reputable, local company.

We use our credit cards dozens of times a year at various spots all over Grand Cayman, Royal Palms included, and we've never had a problem.

If you've used your credit card in Walmart or Target, or online with Amazon, you've got a MUCH higher chance of that than if you use it with Royal Palms. As Dan-P said, it's Cayman, not Mexico, and if you're worried about hackers, a large company like the aforementioned is in much more danger of that than a small, very reputable, local company.

We use our credit cards dozens of times a year at various spots all over Grand Cayman, Royal Palms included, and we've never had a problem.

I appreciate the feedback....and yes I mistakenly said Mexico, when I knew better so.....sorry!!!! :o

Having just been a victim of having my credit card compromised and getting all of the mess straightened out......I am just leery of where and when I use it.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, but I have never been to Grand Cayman so I am not familiar with anything there and had no idea how "well established" Royal Palms is. It does make me feel better to know that!!

:o :o :o

Edited by GTO-Girl

Will be in a cabana at Royal Palms April 3rd, will post picture when I get home.

Is the $100 charge just include the Cabana? Would you have to pay for food, drinks, etc. separate and a la carte? We are looking at doing the AI package here for our cruise in May and having the Cabana also looks nice, but didn't know what kind of expense I was looking at! Thanks!

Is the $100 charge just include the Cabana? Would you have to pay for food, drinks, etc. separate and a la carte? We are looking at doing the AI package here for our cruise in May and having the Cabana also looks nice, but didn't know what kind of expense I was looking at! Thanks!

It is just the cabana. Any food or drinks are then a la carte pricing.

From https://royalpalmscayman.com/cabanas

Only 6 beautiful cabanas on Seven Mile Beach are available.

The cost is $100US each per day .

Each cabana has a table with 4 chairs and 4 lounge chairs just feet away from the sea. Any additional lounge chairs are $7 each. The $2 entrance fee is waived for up to 4 people with each cabana rental.

To ensure the comfort of our guests there are no more that 6 people permitted in a cabana area.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at the Royal Palms the 24th. It was very nice, our cabana had a clear view all the way to the water as it was roped off on each side. Although busy the area wasn't packed. The atmosphere was nice and was very safe. Dip was our waiter and took care of the beach area. He was very polite and wasn't pushy which we appreciated very much. Michael delivered food and was very polite as well. If the beach isn't your thing the pool area is very nice, as it the bar. Restrooms were clean and well maintained. Total cost for the cabana, food, a bucket of beer and two pitchers of frozen cocktails was $250.00. Which I thought was fair. The food portions were well sized and were very good. We will definitely return to the Royal Palms when we cruise to the Caymans again.

We took a taxi from the port the driver was Carlos Solomon, he took the five of us in our party and did not wait to pack his van which was very, very nice. We used his service for our return trip and were dropped off right at the gate.

You can arrange pick up via Email cayman_badboy@yahoo.com.

Relax and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing. Very safe. Can't wait! Going in September!

The cabanas weren't anything special, just a white tent. I think the $100 (each) cabanas you get at Mr. Sanchos is MUCH nicer (its a hanging bed) plus you get a massage and it's AI for food/drinks!

Whoops sorry forgot this was GC forum... so yea IF you go to Cozumel ;)

Edited by Ellusionz

we were at Royal Palms last week in a cabana, very nice location. The cabana itself is much nicer than what they have in their pictures, very sturdy with curtains that can be open or closed on each side. Food was good, drinks were great.

Overall a great setup and deal, will definitely do again.

DSC_2288-001.jpg.55ede3b32e13945d999ce7cd69a1b9cd.jpg

• 2 months later...

Besides umbrellas and cabanas, is there places under shade that have a view of the ocean ? I don't mind sitting in a bar area or near the pool but would like to be able to enjoy watching the waves.

Thanks,

Eric

There is a patio area with tables/umbrellas that overlook the beach, as well as most areas around the bar allow a decent view of the beach/water.

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

we were at Royal Palms last week in a cabana, very nice location. The cabana itself is much nicer than what they have in their pictures, very sturdy with curtains that can be open or closed on each side. Food was good, drinks were great.

Overall a great setup and deal, will definitely do again.

So is the $100 cost for up to 6 people? Or $100 each? Do you think it's best to pre-reserve these?

Do you know how much it costs to rent an umbrella?

• 3 months later...