Need Help choosing what cruise for young couple

JDMCIVIC919

New to this site and has been very helpful but not quite found my answer. Me and my girlfriend are planning a cruise for spring break in march. We are contemplating between Royal Caribbean Vision of the seas or Carnival Pride. We are doing a 7 night western Caribbean cruise. Which ship would be better for us? We are in our early 20s and dont really care about the crowd unless Royal Caribbean is just old people above 50. We are more of a relaxed couple. What are the pros and cons on both ships? Does royal caribbean have a younger crowd vs carninval or vice versa?

RCCL's age threshold is 21

Carnival's age threshold is 21, under 21, then someone at least 25 must be with them to book.

Vision of the Seas: recently updated

Carnival Pride: ranked #2 of all Carnival cruise ships and recently updated

I looked at the details of both ships and I think, in your position, I would probably go with Carnival Pride due to the new features added.

Don't get me wrong, both ships are really great and there is not a bad choice between the two of them, but I think Carnival Pride has more to do in every category from food choices to activities to shows to bars. I think it will be more of a spring break, cut-loose feeling than RCCL. I have no doubt you would have a good time on either ship.

Since they are similar itineraries I think that you should look at the ships and what they offer. I would start reading reviews on both ships and post questions on both the Carnival and RCL board to those that have been on the particular ship. Entertainment , activities and food would be what I would make my decision on. It's a good problem to have.:)

You can also look on the websites for RC and Carnival and read up on each ship and the features on each one.

During the weeks between the end of February and April, there will be plenty of college-aged kids on board. But as someone said, make sure you'll be allowed to book a cabin at your age levels. You have to provide proof of your date of birth so you can't fudge that info.

Old people above 50? Geez--guess I only have 7 more years to live it up while I'm still young. Both cruise lines should have a fair number of 20-something's onboard, though the average age tends to skew higher on RCI than Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Old people above 50? Geez--guess I only have 7 more years to live it up while I'm still young. Both cruise lines should have a fair number of 20-something's onboard, though the average age tends to skew higher on RCI than Carnival.

Isn't 25 years older than you considered old no matter what your age? When I was 15 my 40 year old mother was ancient to me.:D.

Isn't 25 years older than you considered old no matter what your age? When I was 15 my 40 year old mother was ancient to me.:D.

Lol---but when I'm 50, I won't consider myself "old." OK, maybe I will!!! Then all of the 75 year olds will be "old."

You'll enjoy both of them. I personally would check out the prices and see which one has the better deal.

You didn't mention your age, but that of course is important to be sure you will even be allowed to book.

New to this site and has been very helpful but not quite found my answer. Me and my girlfriend are planning a cruise for spring break in march. We are contemplating between Royal Caribbean Vision of the seas or Carnival Pride. We are doing a 7 night western Caribbean cruise. Which ship would be better for us? We are in our early 20s and dont really care about the crowd unless Royal Caribbean is just old people above 50. We are more of a relaxed couple. What are the pros and cons on both ships? Does royal caribbean have a younger crowd vs carninval or vice versa?

I've been on both ships and I recommend Vision of the Seas. In fact, I generally think Royal Caribbean is a superior line over Carnival.

During Spring Break on a 7 day cruise, both ships will have a similar demographic. Royal Caribbean is more likely to attract the 50+ crowd, but there will still be good mix of age groups.

I am 23 and leaning more towards Royal Caribbean there isn't much of a price difference and my girlfriend is 21 and likes royal caribbean. Another question we both dont have a passport i need to renew mine and she doesnt have one. I called royal caribbean and said we dont need one. So i would still be able to leave the boat at mexico, Honduras n stuff?

I am 23 and leaning more towards Royal Caribbean there isn't much of a price difference and my girlfriend is 21 and likes royal caribbean. Another question we both dont have a passport i need to renew mine and she doesnt have one. I called royal caribbean and said we dont need one. So i would still be able to leave the boat at mexico, Honduras n stuff?

That's correct. Your itinerary is a Closed Loop cruise and passports are not mandatory. I do recommend getting a passport between now and then, but if you don't want to, your birth certificate and drivers license will suffice.

I also recommend the Vision. :)

Yes, you can still get off the boat without your passports for the day. However, I think we should mention why you and your girlfriend SHOULD have passports: If either of you are injured and get stuck in a hospital at some foreign port or if you somehow miss the ship outside of the US, then you would have to GET passports BEFORE you can fly home and that can take time and money. It's up to you but unexpected things CAN happen. That is why I would not travel internationally without a passport. If you decide not to get passports, you need your birth certificates (with raised seals) and your driver's licenses or other government issued photo ID's.

I remember a spring break cruise where I saw a couple of young men carrying a young woman onboard. They had been at a beach somewhere(all 3 were in swimsuits) and her ankle was obviously broken (displaced fracture.) So, I guess they were going to ask the ship's doctor to stabilize her ankle and then wait until the next day when we got back to Florida to have it set/operated on or whatever it needed. BTW, this is an example of why it is good to buy cruise insurance.

If your girlfriend prefers RCCL go with RCCL. Both of these ships will be good. No worries.

I have never sailed RCCL but I would really like to. The price just hasn't been right yet for any of the sailings we have been looking at and the itineraries we were wanting.

My husband is 32 and I am 27 so I think we are still part of the young-ish crowd and we have loved Carnival, although we haven't cruised them during spring break. Honestly I think either of these ships would be fine for you as both are going to have young cruisers during the weeks and months of spring break. Honestly, every ship I have been on, Princess included, has had a great mix of age groups. So I think whatever you pick you will feel like you fit in just fine. Enjoy whatever you choose and whatever you choose don't choose it because of your age and what age you think the others will be on board!

Thank you everyone with your help. Just booked my 7 night caribbean cruise on Vision of the seas. Any tips or advice would help. This is not my first time on a cruise but has been a very long time and was always with my parents or family. Any excursions i should check out?