Independence of the seas question

We are trying to book our room on the Independence of the Seas...are there any deck/room no no's.

Any hidden secrects or bigger rooms that others in the same category?

Any info is great as we are new to RCI.

lots of people like the hump cabins. Our party has the 1400 & 1700 aft cabins for our upcoming cruise. They are bigger than standard balconies (have a pole in the room - no biggie i'm told) and have much larger balconies with room for loungers x

We are trying to book our room on the Independence of the Seas...are there any deck/room no no's.

Any hidden secrects or bigger rooms that others in the same category?

Any info is great as we are new to RCI.

Have been on the Indy a few times..it would help to know the catagory of cabin you're considering...Love the Indy and no doubt you will too...Enjoy !!

The only cabins with larger than normal balconies are the AFT cabins...along the very rear of the ship. All of the side balcony's are the same size as any other cabin of the same category.

If you have a look at the deck plan, there are "hump" balconies that stick out a bit. So you might get a better view. However, the hallway inside curves the same as the hump, so the room really isn't any bigger.

Oasis, on the other hand does have bigger balconies on the "hump", but they are also a more expensive room category.

Thank You all for your help! We DID It we book on the Independence!!!! We have never sailed RCI always Carnival so we are Very Excited to try a new line!

Feel free to share any tid bits we may find useful!

Thank You all for your help! We DID It we book on the Independence!!!! We have never sailed RCI always Carnival so we are Very Excited to try a new line!

I hope you enjoy Royal Caribbean as much as I do. We are on the Independence in 319 more days.....way too long of a wait for my liking, but oh well...

I've been on Freedom and Liberty a few times. I really enjoy the Freedom class ships.

So which week are you sailing on Indy? We are booked on the February 14, 2015 - 8 day Western Caribbean sailing. Looking forward to it.

We have been on Liberty, which is one of the other ships in the same class and LOVED it, so I expect to love Indy as well.

So which week are you sailing on Indy? We are booked on the February 14, 2015 - 8 day Western Caribbean sailing. Looking forward to it.

We have been on Liberty, which is one of the other ships in the same class and LOVED it, so I expect to love Indy as well.

Valentine's Day Cruise...Sweet!

We are booked for April 2015. We are Really excited!

Please tell me RCI have the little diecast ships for DH to continue his collection from CCL

We are on the week before for the 6 day. Have sailed all classes with RCCL like this class the best!

We are on the week before for the 6 day. Have sailed all classes with RCCL like this class the best!

Enjoy your cruise and take good care of Lady Independence for us (LOL).

We also have sailed on all the classes that Royal has to date, even the Sovereign class...but cruising on Her Majesty is very different, because she doesn't have all the activities that her larger sister ships have....although she does give you a great short cruise and that is very much a testimony to her crew. They have to make up for what the ship itself lacks in activities.

Please tell me RCI have the little diecast ships for DH to continue his collection from CCL

Yes, RCI has the ship models, for your DH. We have about 28 models, from 5 different lines.:)

I was on deck 7 midship inside cabin and loved the location. Never very far from the elevators and I never got lost! I really enjoyed the IOS and would sail on her again in a minute. Even though the ship was sold out it never felt that way. I even commented to my friends as to where everyone was at? The cruise before this one I was on Carnival's The Breeze and it was so crowded with unruly people that I felt very uncomfortable. Much different on IOS!! You will love it.

It fit our personal schedule -- so nothing more special than that....although any time we cruise -- it IS special.

Now I want to look for a silly hat or head band, with hearts on it, to wear after dinner on the first night since it will be Valentine's Day.

I honor of Valentines Day, they should do the Love and Marriage game that night, but I am sure they won't since that usually is towards the end of a cruise, not in the beginning when everyone is just getting settled in.