Price Drop -Carnival wont help

nm951

Lets face it,if you sail Carnival the price WILL drop before you sale and you won't get to take advantage of it.(For a multitude of reasons, some we understand and some we don't, according to this thread.) That is just the way it is on Carnival. For that and many other reasons our family decided once was enough with Carnival. That doesn't mean others don't like it. Many people do. I'm just always confused how many people complain about it then go back for more.:confused:

Lets face it,if you sail Carnival the price WILL drop before you sale and you won't get to take advantage of it.(For a multitude of reasons, some we understand and some we don't, according to this thread.) That is just the way it is on Carnival. For that and many other reasons our family decided once was enough with Carnival. That doesn't mean others don't like it. Many people do. I'm just always confused how many people complain about it then go back for more.:confused:

There are many reasons why people prefer Carnival over their competitors. First and foremost they have the lowest prices in the domestic marketplace. Second of all, they have the most ships in the domestic marketplace that allows people to sail from close to home and / or have varied itineraries. Third, the average cabin size of Carnival is larger than the average cabin size of every domestic cruise line with the exception of Disney (which is significantly more money). This is important for larger families. Fourth, the child care for those under 12 is generally more highly regarded than all other lines with the exception, again, of Disney.

Carnival might not be better for you. However, they aren't the world's largest cruise line by accident.

Let's face it you are wrong. Plenty of times people can take advantage of price reductions if they are aware of the rules. And sometimes persistence pays off. With the amount of price drops mentioned on this page alone, your first sentence is proven wrong.

Sail with whomever you like, but don't make bold false statements when you obviously have limited experience by choice.

IF the OP booked a cruise for this month two weeks ago with a Carnival-assigned cabin rate, there is no price drop to be had for several reasons period point blank.

I have had it with dealing with the regular sales staff, does anyone have a number that I can call that has people with authority to make a decision? Carnival is not cruiser/client friendly. They have the monopoly on the 3 and 4 day Baja Market so we don't have a choice of another line. I believe Princess will be joining soon who will definitely have our business.

Thanks in advance for any number you can provide.

I have had it with dealing with the regular sales staff, does anyone have a number that I can call that has people with authority to make a decision? Carnival is not cruiser/client friendly. They have the monopoly on the 3 and 4 day Baja Market so we don't have a choice of another line. I believe Princess will be joining soon who will definitely have our business.

The authority to make what decision?

You know, of course, that Princess is owned by Carnival. :rolleyes:

Not sure what "decision" you are looking to have made.

But here are some choices courtesy of Google. Good luck.

Customer Service 1-888-227-6482

Submit a question or comment on line

http://www.carnival.com/core/contactus.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_89

http://********************/after-your-cruise/cruise-line-complaints-concerns/cruiseline-complaint-departments/carnival-cruise-lines-complaint-department/

Carnival Cruise Lines Complaint Department Contacts

Main Phone Number: 888-CARNIVAL

Complaint Department Number: 800-438-6744

Complaint Department Webpage: http://www.carnival.com/contactus.aspx

Executive: Gerald R. Cahill, President and Chief Executive Officer

Corporate Address: 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178-2428

Corporate Phone Number: (305) 599-2600

Corporate Fax Number: (305) 406-8630

This is the parent corporation website. It has various phone numbers and emails (mostly related to media and share holder relations, but again, not sure what your question is). There is also a list of Corporate Officers.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=200767&p=irol-contact

Again Good Luck with this.

I feel bad for OP. He/she came on here to have a say about something upsetting, granted because they were somehow either misinformed or did not fully understand the limits of their cruise fare type. We are all capable of being

not properly informed or misreading info. I have done this myself many times. It means we are human.

I think it would be better if most posters here concentrated on providing concise information, and try to educate or at least gently inform those who are not fully in the know, instead of being judgmental about their error.

OP, some people have provided good information here on the different fare types and rules, so hope you can just filter out all the rest and learn by this.

I do wish you a good cruise.

I feel bad for OP. He/she came on here to have a say about something upsetting, granted because they were somehow either misinformed or did not fully understand the limits of their cruise fare type. We are all capable of being

not properly informed or misreading info. I have done this myself many times. It means we are human.

I think it would be better if most posters here concentrated on providing concise information, and try to educate or at least gently inform those who are not fully in the know, instead of being judgmental about their error.

OP, some people have provided good information here on the different fare types and rules, so hope you can just filter out all the rest and learn by this.

I do wish you a good cruise.

I think people's reactions to the OP were based on the way he presented the issue. First, he used an angry face for his topic. Second, he says "the only thing they would do for me is . . . ." when, in fact, Carnival probably wasn't obligated to do anything for him but did anyways.

Generally if you present an issue in a manner asking for advice people on this board are more than happy to provide it in a constructive manner. But if you come across in an entitled or negative manner than you are likely to take shots from the peanut gallery.

Personally, a honestly hope that the OP has a fantastic cruise and that he comes back and provides an honest review of his trip so that others can make an informed decision about their future cruise.

I booked early saver back in Jan of this year for a cruise this nov and watched for price drops and before today both cabins had a 130obc and all I did was send in the price protection form. Today I called the 1800 number I had on the bottom of one of the price protection forms that was denied my fault it was denied but anyway I got us a huge obc for each cabin over 200 in addition to the 130 dollars and I took me 1 phone call on the phone for about 30 mins and I'm a happy camper or cruiser so read what rate your booking at and watch the prices.

:D

The decision to refund money or upgrade. We booked early for Christmas and now the prices are down, we paid before the final payment is due and so they say too bad..even though had we not paid in advance we could get a lower price for an upgrade room. I know Princess is owned by carnival but they are managed differently.

The decision to refund money or upgrade. We booked early for Christmas and now the prices are down, we paid before the final payment is due and so they say too bad..even though had we not paid in advance we could get a lower price for an upgrade room. I know Princess is owned by carnival but they are managed differently.

I am sorry but I feel like there is something missing from you story. I am not implying that you are not being truthful, please don't think that.

It is just that I have almost always been granted my Early Saver price matches. One of the denials was because I used the wrong sail date and the other was also my mistake on the form. I have been able to get them before I made final payment as well as after final payment.

While I am sure you honestly feel like you are deserving of the OBC or refund of the price difference and are therefore very frustrated, there is obviously some reason Carnival is not giving it to you.

No more to story, rule is once final payment is made no changes can be made. So, we are penalized for paying before it is due...

If I understand you correctly, we had the same thing happen on our upcoming cruise... booked 3 cabins ES, paid 2 off early and when the price dropped I asked for refund. Carnival said no refund, but did issued an OBC for the difference :) I would call them back and ask for an OBC for the price drop under the ES price protection.

No more to story, rule is once final payment is made no changes can be made. So, we are penalized for paying before it is due...

Don't know if there is more to your story or not, but no that is not the rule. I, like many people, pay off my cruise early just for the purpose of getting OBC. You do not get penalized for paying off before due date.

Go Jeff Gordon

They have offered some obc but isn't as much as the difference, still more than 200 dollars difference. This is the entire story, nothing missing..

If you are booked ES, you seriously need to call CCL and ask for a supervisor. The only other issue could possibly be that the taxes, etc. changed, but even that would not be that much. It's definitely worth the call ;) Good luck.

They have offered some obc but isn't as much as the difference, still more than 200 dollars difference. This is the entire story, nothing missing..

Your story has already changed, you said previously, " after final payment made, no changes allowed ". Now you say they offered you OBC, just not as much. If you qualify for the price drop, you will get it, they are not going to tell you that you don't qualify for the drop, but then just offer you some random OBC offer.

Go Jeff Gordon

If you are booked ES, you seriously need to call CCL and ask for a supervisor. The only other issue could possibly be that the taxes, etc. changed, but even that would not be that much. It's definitely worth the call ;) Good luck.

Even if they are not ES, if they are before final payment date and they qualify, they can still OBC.

Go Jeff Gordon

Even if they are not ES, if they are before final payment date and they qualify, they can still OBC.

Go Jeff Gordon

So you are saying if you book another fare and the price goes down before final payment is made, you can get an OBC for the price adjustment? I thought ES was the only fare that gave price protection?

What rate did you book under? While you said you booked early that does not necessarily mean you are early saver.

You could be booked past guest or some other rate which doesn't allow for price drops after final payment.

When did you try to get the lower rate?

Bill

So you are saying if you book another fare and the price goes down before final payment is made, you can get an OBC for the price adjustment? I thought ES was the only fare that gave price protection?

ES is the only one that gives you price protection after final payment date. If it's before final payment date, then yes can still get OBC. Easy saver and super saver do not offer price protection. Resident, past guest, military, and others, you can get the price drop if you qualify for it, before final payment date.

Go Jeff Gordon

If you book with CCL and don't book ES, but pick a rate where you can pick your own cabin and they won't give you the price drop before final payment simply cancel and rebook at the new lower price.

Bill

Go Jeff Gordon

OP says he is booked for Christmas so unless it's Christmas 2015 they are past final payment unless they booked one of those deals that the final payment date was 30 days before the cruise departs.

Too many details missing to know exactly what is going on.

Bill

If you book with CCL and don't book ES, but pick a rate where you can pick your own cabin and they won't give you the price drop before final payment simply cancel and rebook at the new lower price.

Bill

Which is exactly why they will give you the price drop. That's how I look at when booking, if it's a rate where I can cancel without penalty, they will honor the price drop.

Go Jeff Gordon