Price Drop -Carnival wont help

nm951

OP says he is booked for Christmas so unless it's Christmas 2015 they are past final payment unless they booked one of those deals that the final payment date was 30 days before the cruise departs.

Too many details missing to know exactly what is going on.

Bill

Exactly, not enough info to know the situation. But just to hazard a guess, it's Christmas 2014, and they are past final payment. I doubt prices for Christmas 2015 have dropped yet.

Go Jeff Gordon

Which is exactly why they will give you the price drop. That's how I look at when booking, if it's a rate where I can cancel without penalty, they will honor the price drop.

Go Jeff Gordon

Exactly,

Much easier to give the price drop then to cancel one booking and start a new booking.

Just granting the price drop saves a lot of time and aggravation.:)

Bill

Exactly,

Much easier to give the price drop then to cancel one booking and start a new booking.

Just granting the price drop saves a lot of time and aggravation.:)

Bill

Yes it does, saves aggravation for both me and CCL. Lol

Go Jeff Gordon

There are many reasons why people prefer Carnival over their competitors. First and foremost they have the lowest prices in the domestic marketplace. Second of all, they have the most ships in the domestic marketplace that allows people to sail from close to home and / or have varied itineraries. Third, the average cabin size of Carnival is larger than the average cabin size of every domestic cruise line with the exception of Disney (which is significantly more money). This is important for larger families. Fourth, the child care for those under 12 is generally more highly regarded than all other lines with the exception, again, of Disney.

Carnival might not be better for you. However, they aren't the world's largest cruise line by accident.

This needs to be corrected to usually. I have sailed 5 different lines and each time it was because a competitor of Carnival had a lower price.

No more to story, rule is once final payment is made no changes can be made. So, we are penalized for paying before it is due...

This is incorrect. Paying off early only means one would get OBC versus a reduction in price. Either way, final payment date is the date used for whether certain changes happen.

So you are saying if you book another fare and the price goes down before final payment is made, you can get an OBC for the price adjustment? I thought ES was the only fare that gave price protection?

Only fare that gives price protection after final payment date.

Most any rate (past guest, military, resident, etc.) is eligible for price drops before final payment date. Only early saver allows for price drops beyond the final payment due date. With ES you can get drops up to 2 days before you sail.

If you find a lower price before you pay your cruise off, then the amount is deducted from your balance owed. If you pay your cruise off early with any other rate besides ES and find a price drop, the balance is refunded to your credit card. If ES then the difference goes to OBC.

And I agree with nitro, there's no giving out of random obc. Either they will grant an eligible price drop or not.

Let's face it you are wrong. Plenty of times people can take advantage of price reductions if they are aware of the rules. And sometimes persistence pays off. With the amount of price drops mentioned on this page alone, your first sentence is proven wrong.

Sail with whomever you like, but don't make bold false statements when you obviously have limited experience by choice.

IF the OP booked a cruise for this month two weeks ago with a Carnival-assigned cabin rate, there is no price drop to be had for several reasons period point blank.

If my calculation is right, the offer from Carnival would have given some money back indirectly with the OBC. The amount in question is $70 for a cabin. For $20 more, he'd get back $50 of his cost back in OBC. That averages out to only a $30 savings, so I wouldn't fight for just $30.

To those of you say more to the story, there is no more. My final payment date is November 23 stated on original booking invoice. I paid it off last week, now the prices are dropped significantly and it is just too bad for me. When you sail over the holidays the prices are greatly inflated anyway and then to be so cruel to passengers is uncalled for.

I agree with the poster, give a price drop avoid wasted time and frustration. I will not take no for an answer....

To those of you say more to the story, there is no more. My final payment date is November 23 stated on original booking invoice. I paid it off last week, now the prices are dropped significantly and it is just too bad for me. When you sail over the holidays the prices are greatly inflated anyway and then to be so cruel to passengers is uncalled for.

I agree with the poster, give a price drop avoid wasted time and frustration. I will not take no for an answer....

My question to you is when you booked the cruise, did you believe what you received is a fair price for the services? If not, why did you book? If so, enjoy the cruise and stop looking at the prices.

And as others have stated, just because the price drops does not entitle you to it unless you have the rate that allows this (ES). This not only holds true here, but in almost every other business that exists to make a profit.

deleted. Why bother! lol

Edited by cruizinisthebest

My final payment date is November 23, my problem is I paid it early.....it isn't after final payment due. When I booked back in September, I did think it was way too much money but it is the only game in town. We do not celebrate Christmas and it is a great opportunity for my small family to have time together.

Carnival is just so difficult to deal with, the agents have no ability to do anything, they have rote answers...it is not their fault they are just doing their job.... My original post was asking for a number to be able to talk to someone in a decision making position.

It's not any different then most travel....would you be calling the airline to change the price of your flight if it went down. Good luck with that. Book when you are good with pricing and then it is a bonus if the price goes down and you booked the correct pricing category.

Just take it as a lesson learned and move on....

My final payment date is November 23, my problem is I paid it early.....it isn't after final payment due. When I booked back in September, I did think it was way too much money but it is the only game in town. We do not celebrate Christmas and it is a great opportunity for my small family to have time together.

Carnival is just so difficult to deal with, the agents have no ability to do anything, they have rote answers...it is not their fault they are just doing their job.... My original post was asking for a number to be able to talk to someone in a decision making position.

So if you are before final payment date, does your rate allow for cancellation without penalty (i.e., do you have a fully refundable purchase)? If so, then what you need to do is cancel the cruise and rebook at the lower rate. If you do not have a refundable rate and are not ES, then the price you paid is what you have.

You aren't even the OP. I think most people are responding to the person that started the thread.????? They booked two weeks ago for a cruise at the end of this month. If you see a valid drop and your final payment isn't due yet, fill out the form.

The details you are providing are too confusing for us to follow to suggest how you might be getting unsatisfactory responses from CCL customer service.

It might not be CCL who is difficult to deal with if you don't fully understand the rate and terms under which you booked.

Additional customer service numbers have been provided to hopefully get you the answers you seek. Hopefully all will work out for you!

Usually final payment is either 60 or 75 days out depending on length of the cruise. So was this a special promo? Final payment due 30 days out? Cruise prices sometimes go down after the final payment day. Maybe you could get an upgrade if your booking doesn't allow for OBC. You might have to go into a guarantee pool.

Chief,

I understand that this is very frustrating to you, and that you believe you are being treated unfairly. The problem many are having is, sometimes "NO" is the answer, whether we like it, or agree with it, or not.

You're not looking to call someone who can make a decision, you're looking for someone who will give you your way, regardless of anything else. You want the name of someone who will say "the customer is always right, here you go". I don't think that person has existed at companies for about 10 years. The customer is always right, has mostly been replaced by another old saying "Caveat Emptor" (let he beware).

Take this as a lesson learn. Never book early and never pay early if you want to get deals.

As long as you don't care what cabin you get that is excellent advice. If what cabin you get matters a great deal, it is very bad advice.

I couldn't agree more.

ES is the only one that gives you price protection after final payment date. If it's before final payment date, then yes can still get OBC. Easy saver and super saver do not offer price protection. Resident, past guest, military, and others, you can get the price drop if you qualify for it, before final payment date.

Go Jeff Gordon

HMMMMMMM.... Interesting..... Today I submitted 5 ES price adjustment forms. 2 under the Choose N' Cruise sale which ends today and 3 under the Military Appreciation Sale that ends 11/6. I got a response that it will take up to 7 days to process or something like that.

Let's say they process my ES requests tomorrow (the day after the Choose N Cruise sale ends). I wonder if they will automatically deny it and make me submit proof of the fare on 11/5?

To further complicate things for me, my cruise is booked through a TA Group whom I've used for over 10 years... due to all of my family and friends I've referred over the years, she's actually added me as an agent under her CCL account.... so, I believe the ES price adjustment process may be slightly different than a guest booked directly through CCL.....

If you find a lower price before you pay your cruise off, then the amount is deducted from your balance owed. If you pay your cruise off early with any other rate besides ES and find a price drop, the balance is refunded to your credit card. If ES then the difference goes to OBC.

Booked ES back in January '14 for our January '15 cruise. Paid off 2 of my 3 cabins early (final payment due date is not until 11/11). Under the recent National Cruise Week Sale, price went down $90 per cabin. Because it was before final payment date, I assumed I was going to get a refund to my CC, but instead got OBC on 2 cabins and the balance owed on the 1 cabin I had not paid in full was reduced.