Dinner near the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale

barbarah33

Hello,

We are looking at staying at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale after our cruise in February. Has anyone stayed there before? If so can you tell me if there are any nice dinner options close by - maybe even within walking distance to it? I see that they have one Italian restaurant there but my DH would prefer a nice steakhouse if there is one close by.

Thank you!!

Hello,

We are looking at staying at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale after our cruise in February. Has anyone stayed there before? If so can you tell me if there are any nice dinner options close by - maybe even within walking distance to it? I see that they have one Italian restaurant there but my DH would prefer a nice steakhouse if there is one close by.

Thank you!!

I think that Shula's Steakhouse is right near the Ritz Carlton - I know we walked by both of them in one night on our way back to the W Hotel. We enjoyed LuLu's Bait Shack in that same stretch but that would be a much more casual meal than what you might be looking for.

Hi,

Shula's on the beach is a restaurant located at the Westin Beach Resort 1/2 mile away. It got good reviews here by a few steak lovers.

We ate a place next door, can't remember the place. Nothing special that's for sure.

CVS is right next door if you forget anything.

Sheal

Thank you all!! I really appreciate it. I have actually eaten that that Shula's a few times but I wasn't staying at the Ritz so I didn't realize it was close by.

I have never heard of Steak 954 but will check them out for sure; I love to try new places.

Would Lulu's Bait Shack be good for a lunch maybe? My DH has to be fed 3 meals a day or he'll get cranky so I am looking for lunch possibilities as well. Or any other suggestions for lunches would be appreciated.

Thank you all!! I really appreciate it. I have actually eaten that that Shula's a few times but I wasn't staying at the Ritz so I didn't realize it was close by.

I have never heard of Steak 954 but will check them out for sure; I love to try new places.

Would Lulu's Bait Shack be good for a lunch maybe? My DH has to be fed 3 meals a day or he'll get cranky so I am looking for lunch possibilities as well. Or any other suggestions for lunches would be appreciated.

We always have fantastic meals at Café del Mar. It is one block south of your hotel and the food, atmosphere, and live music is always amazing.

The Spanish guitar players are nothing short of remarkable.

Sharon or royalcruz,

What is the dress code at Casablanca? I was starting to second guess my decision last night and am concerned that DH may not want a dressy place. He would rather be wearing shorts, at least until he gets on the ship.

Thanks,

Sheal

We always have fantastic meals at Café del Mar. It is one block south of your hotel and the food, atmosphere, and live music is always amazing.

The Spanish guitar players are nothing short of remarkable.

With all respect to you Blue Herons - the worst meal we've ever had in FLL was at Cafe Del Mar! The worst! It cost us over $100 for dinner and the only thing good was the music. While I realize food is subjective I would avoid this placel like the plague.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Barbarah:

LuLu's might be a great choice for lunch. Lots of fresh seafood and good drinks. It has a very young vibe and an open area facing the beach. We chose to eat inside in the A/C. I would definitely choose this place again if we were staying at the beach.

With all respect to you Blue Herons - the worst meal we've ever had in FLL was at Cafe Del Mar! The worst! It cost us over $100 for dinner and the only thing good was the music. While I realize food is subjective I would avoid this placel like the plague.

No, completely understandable! I wouldn't return either if I were you and yes, it is expensive.

Fortunately they always take very good care of us!

Sharon or royalcruz,

What is the dress code at Casablanca? I was starting to second guess my decision last night and am concerned that DH may not want a dressy place. He would rather be wearing shorts, at least until he gets on the ship.

Thanks,

Sheal

I've worn shorts there often. I live a block from there, and it's a nice place.

Jim

Sharon or royalcruz,

Thanks,

Sheal

No one dresses up too much at the beach other than in the hotel restaurants. At Casablanca, it's casual in the daytime, nice shorts are fine (gym shorts or swimshorts would look out of place). In the evening, you'll see everything from shorts/polos to kahkis/polos/dress shirt for men. For women, day dresses or cute top with capris in daytime and just a little nicer than that at night (nice jeans with blouse, sundress, maxi dress, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with you Mollyanne. My girlfriend and I stay at this Ritz Carlton quite frequently. Our first experience with Cafe Del Mar was just drinks,,huge raspberry pina coladas, and the two for one was quite enticing. Our last experience with Cafe Del Mar was last month when we decided to have dinner there the night we arrived at the hotel. Never again!!,,Spent over $100.00 and the food and service was horrible. I highly recommend Shula's or 954 in the Westin hotel. Fantastic service and fantastic food. If you are looking for something different, go down to the pool bar and ask one of the guys or gals what they recommend. They know all the great steakhouses and seafood restaurants around town. The concierge would be another good resource but they are sometimes biased on certain places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think that Shula's Steakhouse is right near the Ritz Carlton - I know we walked by both of them in one night on our way back to the W Hotel. We enjoyed LuLu's Bait Shack in that same stretch but that would be a much more casual meal than what you might be looking for.

OMG

My husband is a die hard DOLPIN

Shula's steak house would make his day.

I need to know how close this is to the Embassy suites.

If we could walk or should we take a cab.

Do they take reservations?

Thanks ahead of time

Sea Ya

OMG

Thanks ahead of time

Sea Ya

Hi Sue, you need to take a cab to Shula's from Embassy Suites.

Definitely too far to walk......and the steaks are excellent:D (in

my opinion anyway)

OMG

Thanks ahead of time

Sea Ya

It's about 4 miles to Shula's but ES is only a few blocks from Shula Burger on SE 17th St.

Archived