Which of these three hotels?

dateacher

I have reservations at the following hotels. We have no problems with taxis or Uber. Priority is proximity to great food for one night and an interesting neighborhood to walk around in. If none of these are close to what we want, please redirect me.

AC Hotel San Juan Condado (looks like a boutique Marriott)

Hampton Inn and Suites San Juan

Hyatt House San Juan

I have reservations at the following hotels. We have no problems with taxis or Uber. Priority is proximity to great food for one night and an interesting neighborhood to walk around in. If none of these are close to what we want, please redirect me.

AC Hotel San Juan Condado (looks like a boutique Marriott)

Hampton Inn and Suites San Juan

Hyatt House San Juan

For your requirements, none of the above. Better by far is El Convento.

So it looks like I will be paying ore than double for either of these hotels. If that's the area I want to have dinner in and walk around, a taxi from another area is a lot cheaper.

So where else should we be looking?

If you are wanting Old San Juan none of these are located there. You would need to take a taxi.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn. There are a few good restaurants around and it is close the a nice beach. Taxi to Old San Juan would cost about $20 each way.

I have also stayed in the Condado area near the Marriott. It has a lively area. There are many restaurants to choose from. Taxi to Old San Juan should be around $15 or a little less.

I probably wouldn't choose the Hyatt House even though it looks nice. That area is still being developed and is not a good area to get a feel for San Juan in my opinion. I have not stayed in Old San Juan but there are a lot of recommendations if you do a search on this forum.

So it looks like I will be paying ore than double for either of these hotels. If that's the area I want to have dinner in and walk around, a taxi from another area is a lot cheaper.

At a Lower price point, then consider CasaBlanca. Near nice restaurants and old town, plus close to CVS and the Old Town Port.

So it looks like I will be paying ore than double for either of these hotels. If that's the area I want to have dinner in and walk around, a taxi from another area is a lot cheaper. So where else should we be looking?

Best Western Condado Palm & Suites is a very good value for money. Not right on the beach, very close to La Concha & Marriott, but half their price. Condado is very lively, plenty of restaurants. We used the bus right at the corner to travel to Old San Juan, without paying the prices of OSJ.:D

I have been to San Juan many, many times. I have stayed at a lot of the area's hotels. I have been considering AC Hotel for my next SJ stay. The neighborhood is great. I am very familiar with it. Condado has many wonderful restaurants and a lively nightlife within easy walking distance. You can take a taxi if you want to go to Old San Juan. The beach is right there if you want to go. I have been reading the reviews since the AC just opened in April. They have been very good. I have stayed in Isla Verde, Old San Juan, and Condado before. Condado is my favorite neighborhood by far.

I have been to San Juan many, many times. I have stayed at a lot of the area's hotels. I have been considering AC Hotel for my next SJ stay. The neighborhood is great. I am very familiar with it. Condado has many wonderful restaurants and a lively nightlife within easy walking distance. You can take a taxi if you want to go to Old San Juan. The beach is right there if you want to go. I have been reading the reviews since the AC just opened in April. They have been very good. I have stayed in Isla Verde, Old San Juan, and Condado before. Condado is my favorite neighborhood by far.

I just realized that this hotel just opened. I believe it used to be the Radisson. We stayed at the Radisson back in 2015 just before it closed due to bankruptcy. I really liked the location. It had a nice pool up on the roof. We also took the bus into OSJ. Only cost $.75 per person. But if coming back at night I would take a taxi.

I just looked at the pictures and I can now say that this used to be the Radisson.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Condado area. Walkable, many restaurants, safe, etc. You can always take a cheap taxi (or cheaper Uber) to Old San Juan for dinner/shopping/visiting the forts etc.

• 1 month later...

We will be there next April and we rented a house. If you look at VRBO #4178342 Lincoln Corner, beautiful home, great reviews and in an awesome location. Tons more on there as well.

We started renting houses a few years back and we love it! It is cheaper than a hotel when you need more than one room for your party. It may not work out cheaper for a couple, but I am always looking at more than a one bedroom apt or house.

Hotels are very expensive in Old San Juan and renting a house from the locals is an awesome way to support them and much nicer than a hotel.

Good Luck in your search. (You can also look at Airbnb)