VIFP Change: Water or Coupon Available at any Bar (including the same water)?

falkcor

Water or Free Drink Coupon?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Water or Free Drink Coupon?

• Free Drink Coupon - No Restrictions - Any Bar, Any Time - including the same water
    • Water in Stateroom

Carnival has announced that they will no longer provide the coupon for a free drink to red and gold VIFP members. John Heald posted the following:

Well I see some of you have already been sent the change so i will post it here now rather than wait to 10:30am

Discontinued Sea Day Brunch Beverage Coupon .

The complimentary beverage coupon that is redeemable during the Sea Day Brunch in the Main Dining Room will be discontinued for VIFP Club Red and Gold members effective with sailings departing on or after February 7, 2015.

Introduction of Complimentary 1 Liter Bottle of Water Every returning VIFP Club Red, Gold, Platinum and Diamond member will receive a large, complimentary bottle of water (1 liter), placed in their stateroom on embarkation day. (For example, if there are four past guests in one stateroom, each of those guests will receive a complimentary 1L bottle of water.)

We’re making these changes because members told us they felt the drink coupon was overly restrictive in terms of where and when it could be used. We believe the complimentary 1L bottle of water will be more appreciated and more widely used, either on board or ashore. The rest of your VIFP Club benefits remain unchanged.

Thoughts please here and I will let the beards know. Thanks to you all for your brilliant loyalty - cheers

The rationale granted is that the existing coupon was reported to be too restrictive.

Would you prefer that the existing coupon (for any drink up to 8.95, currently restricted to seaday brunch / main dining room) simply be less restrictive, or would you really just prefer a bottle of water in your room?

My proposal would be they simply lift the restrictions of time and place on the coupon, and make it so it is redeemable at any bar, any time, INCLUDING for a free one liter bottle of water.

Your thoughts?

Edited by falkcor

I just want the drink coupon back, period.

I don't care how restrictive it was, it was really quite easy to get the drink.

Now I get to miss out on a free drink I was looking forward to and instead get a bottle of water I won't use...water on the ship is free and plentiful, a bottle of water just seems SO silly to me.

I'm pretty upset about this change and am losing a little respect towards Carnival. I feel this was a cheap cut and it's offensive that they think I'm dumb enough to see this as a reward.

I want my free mimosa/mojito back.

I haven't voted in the poll. I would like to see a third option: coupon for choice of free alcoholic drink, non-alcoholic drink, or bottle of water.

that's the first option. the coupon as it stands is good for any drink - 'free alcoholic drink, non-alcoholic drink, or bottle of water' - up to 8.95. you can use the coupon for a coke, bottle of water, or DOD - whatever, as it stands.

Option 1.

I avoid bottled water as much as possible because I think the plastic bottles are a waste and bad for the environment. So giving me a plastic bottle of water is not a "perk"!

The VIFP program was a dud to begin with and now it's even more so.

I just want the drink coupon back, period.

I don't care how restrictive it was, it was really quite easy to get the drink.

Now I get to miss out on a free drink I was looking forward to and instead get a bottle of water I won't use...water on the ship is free and plentiful, a bottle of water just seems SO silly to me.

I'm pretty upset about this change and am losing a little respect towards Carnival. I feel this was a cheap cut and it's offensive that they think I'm dumb enough to see this as a reward.

I want my free mimosa/mojito back.

agreed.

it's not hard to redeem - albeit far more restrictive than it needed to be. i wouldn't say i so look forward to it - but the alternative is absurd. you're right - there's water everywhere. and i'd rather pay for the 4.95 1.5 liter water int he room, than a classic cocktail. it's not the few dollar difference it's more the principal - and in this case i think they totally missed the mark.

Brilliant! Innovative! Revolutionary!

Just another cutback with a lie behind it in an attempt to lower costs, as if many even used the coupon at brunch. The natives are restless on the brand ambassador's page.

for once i agree with your sentiment :)

i don't typically follow his page's natives and don't intend to now, but expect that they're just as miffed as the majority is here, as evidenced by the poll results thus far.

for once i agree with your sentiment :)

i don't typically follow his page's natives and don't intend to now, but expect that they're just as miffed as the majority is here, as evidenced by the poll results thus far.

There are almost 2,000 comments (and not including threaded replies) in just a short period of time. I thought he always had the information first though... kinda surprising to read it elsewhere and waiting for him to confirm it. :rolleyes::eek:;):D:p

And it isn't as friendly as Cruise Critic when things get "heated."

Edited by Pixelate

Why not the poll answer option of

Shut the heck up and stop whining about stupid stuff

because it is really a pretty simple question.

so long as carnival is dictating what guest feedback is, and using a method of subterfuge to justify a cutback in this form, i figured i'd put up a poll to see if that was accurate. apparently it is not.

this is how we got we got shrimp back, right? lol. chill out :p

so long as carnival is dictating what guest feedback is, and using a method of subterfuge to justify a cutback in this form, i figured i'd put up a poll to see if that was accurate. apparently it is not.

Falkcor, we both have this entire thing wrong.

We should be happy Carnival is listening to our guest feedback about the restrictions, thereby eliminating the problem and removing it.

You know... how nobody attended Fun Farewell; how nobody purchased Future Cruise Certificates; and most certainly as you mentioned #Shrimpgate2011!

:eek::rolleyes::D;):p

Edited by Pixelate

I don't think an "anytime, anywhere, any drink" coupon is going to be quite the same as the "brunch only" coupon.

A more realistic compromise would be that the coupons are able to be used before 2pm at any bar. More difficult to enforce perhaps (with lots of whining about "it was only 2:05 and the bartender wouldn't serve me my free drink :mad:") but certainly lifting some of the restrictions that people complained about making it easier to redeem but not having the "no restrictions" clause that CCL seems to want to avoid.

As they try to slip the curve ball by their customers, consider this. They are hoping that many will say I would rather have the water. If they were really addressing customer concerns, they could put a check box on your voucher to select a bottle of water in your stateroom, leaving it for the room steward who would bring the water during an ensuing room servicing. And if your thought is more work for the steward, it would be far less than bringing a bottle to every red card and up room.

It's smoke and mirrors, a deception, a takeaway. The feedback gathered wasn't that water was preferred over the drink voucher. It is a shallow excuse for a cut. Again, I am more bothered by the deception than the cut. It's assuming that many customers will be fooled into thinking it's a favor.

Water in room or drink at brunch is addressing the feedback. Water only, no drink at brunch is a thinly veiled cutback.

So, it's not so much a poll to find out how people feel about something,,,,it's actually a poll with answers skewed to see how many people agree with you.