Babies and pool

emblema

Only if they are toilet trained.

From NCL's FAQ

http://www.ncl.com/faq#pool-regulations

Are there any pool regulations?

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

i suppose this includes the splashes kids pool too, right?

Are babies allowed to get in the pool with parents supervision of course specifically NCL - Sun ?

Thanks

unless they are potty trained, absolutely no and usually NCL does a good job of enforcing the no babies in pool law. It isn't a choice, it is a law for health purposes.

I have been on cruises where the parents brought a small inflatable baby pool and they kept it between their lounge chairs. Filled it with a sand pail. Not a lot of water just enough to splash in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very strict, our little girl was almost 2 on our 2012 trip and only in diapers at night (night time training came later)... anyway they still chased us out of the pool saying she was too little. Honestly, they were probably right only beacuse a rocky ship means waves and she had just been splashed by one in her face ... we were gathering to leave when the attendant came over (would gave aleady been out but she was crying to stay and we were trying to pull her kicking. .. she loves water) We did see kids in swim diapers in the very small corner kids splash pool. . .

I don't believe any NCL ships have what are called "infant only" pools by the USPH. These pools require special construction including an ultraviolet sterilizer for the water, in addition to the normal chlorination. There must also be a full time attendant, and a supply of swim diapers available.

I don't believe any NCL ships have what are called "infant only" pools by the USPH. These pools require special construction including an ultraviolet sterilizer for the water, in addition to the normal chlorination. There must also be a full time attendant, and a supply of swim diapers available.

my understanding, very few if any ships do.

I believe the two newer DCL ships and the Allure/Oasis class RCI ships.

I would guess if any do, the new Disney ships would. You could be right, I know as of a few years ago none had them. Times do change and more family friendly amenities are added to newer ships.

I would guess if any do, the new Disney ships would. You could be right, I know as of a few years ago none had them. Times do change and more family friendly amenities are added to newer ships.

The construction and operation requirements for these pools were added as an appendix to the USPH VSP at the request of the cruise lines, who had received a lot of feedback about how much use a facility like this would generate.

Generally, these are actually "spray pools", where the water shoots up. Any failure of the chlorination or sterilization equipment must shut down the water pump.

And please, no babies (under 3yo) in the hot tubs - even the ones by the kiddie pools. Babies bodies cannot regulate their body temp until they are older and hot tubs will over heat them.

Even though they look like they're small enough for babies, NONE of NCL's pools are for diapered kids. DCL and some of RCCL's ships have splash areas for the non-potty trained, not actual pools.

I liked someone's idea of bringing an inflatable tub/pool for babies who are not toilet trained and can't use the NCL pools. But, can somene enlighten me on how/where we would fill it with water?

Bring a small plastic bucket from Dollar store. A few pailfulls from the pool will be enough. There are drains. Easy peasey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk