Upsell Fairy

jsg4535

We originally booked an interior cabin B746 for the Oct. 26, 2017, 15 day cruise on the Star Princess. We were offered a balcony cabin for $336 a person. We took it! The total price including the upsell is still $350 a person cheaper than you can book it right now.

We originally booked an interior cabin B746 for the Oct. 26, 2017, 15 day cruise on the Star Princess. We were offered a balcony cabin for $336 a person. We took it! The total price including the upsell is still $350 a person cheaper than you can book it right now.

I'm happy for you - and for me, too!

We are on the Star for a November 10 cruise, and got an up-sell from a guaranteed BF cabin to a mini-suite for $199pp. The final cost of the mini-suite is actually lower than the original guarantee balcony price. :D

You got a nice offer. Enjoy your balcony!

Upsell fairy was very busy today. We are on Star Princess. 10/26/16 ,we were offered upsell balcony for $179 each from our OV room. In almost 50 cruises we've never had a balcony and decided to splurge.Our theory is that we usually take an inside or OV so we can take more cruises. We thought Hawaii would be a good cruise to splurge on a balcony .

An upsell email arrived yesterday. we returned the call, left a message and awaiting a call back.

We live in WI. I think the recording said the department opens 7:30 am. I am wondering if the offices are in California? :confused: That would make it 9:30 am here. are my calculations correct?

Anxious to see what happens. :D

An upsell email arrived yesterday. we returned the call, left a message and awaiting a call back.

We live in WI. I think the recording said the department opens 7:30 am. I am wondering if the offices are in California? :confused: That would make it 9:30 am here. are my calculations correct?

Anxious to see what happens. :D

Yes, the offices are in California.

Maybe it depends on the hours of your person and team that you called. Mine were 7 am to 4 pm pacific time this week.

You are a 2 hour time difference so your calculations are correct.

Yes, the offices are in California.

Maybe it depends on the hours of your person and team that you called. Mine were 7 am to 4 pm pacific time this week.

You are a 2 hour time difference so your calculations are correct.

Thanks cjskids, you were absolutely correct. The upsell fairy call came shortly after 9:30 am. We had a guarantee OV. The offer we took was a B1 balcony for $149 each, plus the increase on insurance.

We are Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Nov 5th Cruise to Mexico, and got an email for an upsell on Friday too.

Our deal was $290 per person to upgrade from our balcony to a mini suite.

It would be a decent deal, about $300 cheaper per person than booking on the website.

But we didn't really want to spend the extra money since we could spend that on an excursion or other stuff, plus we really like the location of our room currently and were scared that we would just get randomly assigned a room and lose the location we picked out.

But it's really nice that they email those out! I was surprised to get the email.

As far as getting a cabin randomly assigned for an upsell does not happen. We have always called, left a message at the same time we are checking out what cabins in the category are available. Then once they call you can tell them, i want that cabin. We have never had a problem getting the one we want unless someone else gets the upsell call before us.

As far as getting a cabin randomly assigned for an upsell does not happen. We have always called, left a message at the same time we are checking out what cabins in the category are available. Then once they call you can tell them, i want that cabin. We have never had a problem getting the one we want unless someone else gets the upsell call before us.

Ohh good to know! I didn't think of that. That's what I did when I called to ask about switching our cabin to one not under a restaurant. So it makes sense that it would work for that too. Ah well! Maybe next time we can do that and take advantage of the offer.

How do you determine which cabins are still available?

Big child,

Just go to the Princess site and act like you are making a booking for a suite or other cabin category. It will then tell you what cabins are available at that time.

For our upgrade, there were 2 suites left and i was good with either. Once she called back, there was just the one left and we said YES.

Big child,

Just go to the Princess site and act like you are making a booking for a suite or other cabin category. It will then tell you what cabins are available at that time.

For our upgrade, there were 2 suites left and i was good with either. Once she called back, there was just the one left and we said YES.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy your suite!!!