Md attire

mika.carden

I am sorry, but as far as I know, shorts are not acceptable in the MDR. I live in Southern Calif and am retired. 95% of the time I wear a t-shirt, shorts and Crock Flip Flops.

When I go on a cruise i pack a couple of pairs of Dockers slacks and some collared shirts.

Are dress shorts and a Polo acceptable attire for the main dining room on carnival dream. People who have cruised before are giving me conflicting info. It is a huge stretch to get my carpenter husband dressed up that much.

What does your carpenter husband wear to weddings and funerals? :confused:

This is the attire for Carnival from their web site. For other Carnival cruise specific questions I would ask them on the Carnival Cruise Line Board.

Keith

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: cut-off jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: jeans, men's sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportswear, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Special Sailin

The last time we were on the Dream (several cruises ago) people were wearing shorts on the MDR. In addition, we saw people 'vaping' at a table close to us. We never once saw anyone called on the carpet for what they were wearing.

Recommended, required, and more importantly company enforcement --all mean something a bit different. As long as your husband has clean clothes and is not embarrassed by what he is wearing, then let him dress in what he is comfortable wearing.

He will be fine. If not, he can change, go to a speciality restaurant, order room service, or go to the buffet.

Go have a great cruise and don't worry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I still always recommend that you go with what is recommended.

That way no worries.

And that way you are respectful of others, including yourself.

Same is true about most other things in life whether or not they are enforced and that includes the other rules on board ships.

Keith

Are dress shorts and a Polo acceptable attire for the main dining room on carnival dream. People who have cruised before are giving me conflicting info. It is a huge stretch to get my carpenter husband dressed up that much.

every mainstream cruise line says NO SHORTS at dinner in the MDR. no matter what your age is. a pair of khakis is NOT 'dressed up' and he can take them off right after dinner if he wants.

every mainstream cruise line says NO SHORTS at dinner in the MDR. no matter what your age is. a pair of khakis is NOT 'dressed up' and he can take them off right after dinner if he wants.

Dress shorts are allowed on non-elegant nights on CCL and NCL allows shorts in one of the two MDR's on board.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I am in the same boat with my carpenter husband. He does not own a single shirt with a collar other than a dress shirt. He has a few of those with ties, but he will not wear that everyday. We are taking an Alaskan cruise which is much more relaxed and hoping he can wear just nice jeans (clean), and a nice long sleeve shirt no collar maybe a mock turtle neck.

Sheaboys,

You are one step ahead of us he only has jeans t-shirts and camo. He wears work boots daily. We leave this Sunday and I finally talked him into some dockers and a dress shirt but tie is out of the question. Wish u luck on the Alaskan cruise. Hope it's great.

Sheaboys,

You are one step ahead of us he only has jeans t-shirts and camo. He wears work boots daily. We leave this Sunday and I finally talked him into some dockers and a dress shirt but tie is out of the question. Wish u luck on the Alaskan cruise. Hope it's great.

If your husband usually wears camo, I would suggest you sneak some other t-shirts into the suitcase, as there are some Caribbean ports which prohibit the use of camo clothing.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)