Anthem ots some information

Just joined anthem for the maiden voyage. Check in was a bit different to other ships. You need your sea pass when you drop your cabin luggage off. This is because the crew attach a ticket to the case and a sticker to your sea pass. Not only that, the sea pass must be the one for the cabin that the luggage is going to. Once you are in the departure lobby, there are no check in desks. You need to check in with a member of staff who are mingling. They have turquoise tops and carry small tablets. On board, the sea pass cards are in your cabin. Access to cabins is possible from 1pm.

Have just found out that there is no duty free booze or fags for sale in the on board shop until may 6.

For those not understading UK lingo: fags = cigarettes

Biker, who wonders if the anti-tabacco lobby is talking to RCI.:cool:

Just joined anthem for the maiden voyage. Check in was a bit different to other ships. You need your sea pass when you drop your cabin luggage off. This is because the crew attach a ticket to the case and a sticker to your sea pass. Not only that, the sea pass must be the one for the cabin that the luggage is going to. Once you are in the departure lobby, there are no check in desks. You need to check in with a member of staff who are mingling. They have turquoise tops and carry small tablets. On board, the sea pass cards are in your cabin. Access to cabins is possible from 1pm.

Thank you this is very useful; we are sailing on Anthem for 3 nights in October.

Would be interested to know how the North Star operates? Do you simply queue or do you have to book a time slot etc?

Many thanks.

Joan

You mean you need your set sail pass when you drop of your luggage. correct? The sea pass would be difficult as you will not get it before you are in your cabin.

You mean you need your set sail pass when you drop of your luggage. correct? The sea pass would be difficult as you will not get it before you are in your cabin.

The OP means the SetSail Pass piece of paper you print off. It looks totally different for Anthem and has a section 'Place luggage receipts here and keep for tracking purposes'

Have just found out that there is no duty free booze or fags for sale in the on board shop until may 6.

Understandable - you are not leaving the EU on your cruise are you (not visiting Canaries or Gibraltar) therefore there can be no duty free sales.

Edited by little britain

For those not understading UK lingo: fags = cigarettes

Biker, who wonders if the anti-tabacco lobby is talking to RCI.:cool:

Ah yes, i should have remembered fag can mean something else.

Yes, it's quite an offensive term in the U.S.

Thanks for your on-board reporting. We're on the Anthem TA this fall, and I'm enjoying all the reports.

Have a great trip!

Thank you this is very useful; we are sailing on Anthem for 3 nights in October.

Would be interested to know how the North Star operates? Do you simply queue or do you have to book a time slot etc?

Many thanks.

Joan

Was there long queues for North Star? What time did people start queuing from.

what about the ifly? (think thats what its called!) Is that the same queue up?

Any cost for North Star, iFly, Bumper Cars or Circus school?

No, No, and No. But you only get 1 minute of iFly, if you want more you have to pay. I'm sure someone will confirm the cost.

Was there long queues for North Star? What time did people start queuing from.

what about the ifly? (think thats what its called!) Is that the same queue up?

Queuing started from around 8am for the first rides. You can go on that as many times as you want (can be bothered to queue).

iFly you book your 1 minute time on line - it is in the activities section. You have a video and instruction session first. Usually groups of 15.

Edited by little britain

johala_reewi thanks for the info we are on this in a few days time so excited can you tell me roughly how much cocktails and lager are? i cant make my mind up weather to get a drinks package are not

johala_reewi thanks for the info we are on this in a few days time so excited can you tell me roughly how much cocktails and lager are? i cant make my mind up weather to get a drinks package are not

The answer is , very expensive !

The18% gratuity is already in the price ( prob for UK customer)

A Budweiser is $7.50. Cocktails are $12, mixed drinks eg g and t, $10