Yankee trails cruise express

Laurab23

I am going to use this service from Albany to get to Bayonne. I live 4 hours from Albany and plan to get a motel the night before getting on the bus. I am traveling alone and don't want to drive at night. I was going to reserve a room at Holiday Inn Rennslear but they show no available rooms for May 30. Does anyone have any suggestions on other hotels. I will be coming in from the Rochester area and traveling on the NYS thruway and don't want to drive into Albany so I am hoping someone knows somewhere else I could stay.

Thanks!

Laura

does the bus leave from the albany amtrak station?

Inhave stayed at a couple of the Marriott branded hotels and they have been fine....i think the station is in Renselaer and it has been a while since i have stayed in the area....let me think...

Sent from my iPad

Did you call the Holiday Inn directly to see what's going on on May 30? It could be a wedding. The hotel might be switching ownership and be in transition on that date. Perhaps they expect the date to open up in a while. You won't know unless you ask.

does the bus leave from the albany amtrak station?

Sent from my iPad

No, Yankee Trails has their own property a few miles away from the Amtrak station.

I stayed at America's Best Value Inn. No frills - it may have had a coffee maker. It was an easy ride to the Yankee Trails lot in the morning. The bus did make a rest stop along the Thruway where many people bought breakfast.

Did you call the Holiday Inn directly to see what's going on on May 30? It could be a wedding. The hotel might be switching ownership and be in transition on that date. Perhaps they expect the date to open up in a while. You won't know unless you ask.

good idea.

good idea.

DD and I used Yankee Trail Bus about three years ago. It was great. I did not want to drive into NY City. We stayed at the HIX. It was really close to the bus station. Try calling them directly and see if there are any rooms available. Good Luck.

RPI's commencement is on May 30. It's likely many hotels in the area have no rooms available.

This web page for commencement attendees use has the names of many hotels in the general area. Perhaps you can find one that still has a room available:

http://www.rpi.edu/academics/commencement/travel.html

Edited by njhorseman

RPI's commencement is on May 30. It's likely many hotels in the area have no rooms available.

This web page for commencement attendees use has the names of many hotels in the general area. Perhaps you can find one that still has a room available:

http://www.rpi.edu/academics/commencement/travel.html

That explains it!

I live in the area and work in Downtown Albany. My suggestion would be to look at some of the hotels on Wolf Road in Colonie (the addresses all say Albany but you're not downtown), a number of which are listed on the RPI page. Wolf Road is just off Exit 24 of the Thruway, not far from the airport. Even with RPI's graduation, I can't imagine everything would sell out.

There is a fairfield inn right down the road, and it is right off of I-90. Also a Residence inn, not too far as well. Both are a 5 minute drive or less from Yankee Trails.

Thank you. Fairfield had rooms so I jumped on it. It looks pretty nice. Do you know if there is a restaurant within walking distance?

Laura

Yes, there is a Dennys and Cracker Barrel next door. There is a decent sports bar a mile away, but I wouldn't walk. Other decent options not a far drive away as well. Also between the hotel and yankee trails is a walmart, and target, so if you need to pick up last minute things that is easy as well

Yes, there is a Dennys and Cracker Barrel next door. There is a decent sports bar a mile away, but I wouldn't walk. Other decent options not a far drive away as well. Also between the hotel and yankee trails is a walmart, and target, so if you need to pick up last minute things that is easy as well

Thanks again!