Look behind your chair

Look up in the ceiling air

Look in the doghouse

You know WHO can be a louse

The CHOCOLATE MONSTER is no dandy

Don't let him make you eat the candy

Happy Halloween..Make it a Chocolate Free Day

and AFTER. Don't Eat The Leftovers!

Good Morning Belle!!! Thanks for the poem ... and the reminder not to eat the chocolate (which I have always thought was one of the basic food groups).

I am down 0.6# this morning ... but have so far to go again.

Hope everyone had a wonderful week. Jan

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Jan, congrats on the loss. Try not to look at the big picture, one step at a time.

I am up .5lbs. I expected that though. Yesterday was my birthday and the day included dinner out, a glass of wine and dessert. Will have to work hard to get it off this week.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Rose

Good Morning,

Belle, nice ditty. Can we believe it's November in a few days?

Jan, decent loss. Rose, belated Happy Birthday.

I gained 1 lb. I have no excuse.......

On a good note I had my annual physical and was down 6 lbs. from last year. Doc was happy about that.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Diana

Good morning all! (Jeez, 153 "views" as of this post and 3 whole responses? - What up people??? :))

Steady as she goes in maintenance mode still - was 189 last week and 187 this week - still between 185-190 so I'm very pleased!

I'm keeping track of calories to stay accountable and trying to keep the count between 1500-1800/day even though the "charts" say 2100 is correct. When I have to go out with the other guy here to learn about the "small" side of the business - I take a couple of my habanero chicken sausages in a bag and sit in the truck and eat while he goes in and pays too much for too crappy of food. I feel bad for about 10 seconds, not going to give in budget wise or calorie wise!

Every night is a major battle - so stinking hard to not snack after dinner when I'm winding down but I force myself to refill my giant water glass instead and just walk away with a handful of pretzels or popcorn (if I leave them in a whole nother room I'm usually too lazy to keep getting up to get more :D)

Next couple weeks should be ok - this Saturday is the Color Dash charity run with my daughter. We have to go to a local sports store Halloween night to pick up our runners packs - so I'm going to be a bah-humbugger and leave the lights off, didn't buy a stick of candy, and leave the temptation to others. Next week we're getting new windows in the house so I have to take down all the blinds and curtains and stuff in the way so they can do they're work - then the big deal:

My brother, a Notre Dame Alum, got a whole mess of tickets to the ASU-ND football game here so we're having a mini-reunion and going to the game Saturday after next!

We're "tailgating" at a local restaurant (since ASU are poopoo heads and don't allow "proper" tailgating anymore) then taking a party bus over to the game and back. So that will be the only danger but I feel so locked in right now, along with walking and cheering, that'll I do fine. (And as an ASU bum born and raised in the shadow of the stadium, will have the only ASU shirt in the Notre Dame fan section - soooooo looking forward to that!!!)

So I guess in my typical long winded way, I'm trying to say that it is OK to be a little selfish if it helps us stay the course, and a little debbie downer if teenagers (seems like that is most the trick or treaters anymore anyways) don't get free candy, and that planning ahead let's us enjoy a good day or two without upsetting the entire journey.

Thanks for letting me vent - hope everyone has good news and sunny skies ahead!

Great losses everyone! And shootr, that is going to be an awesome game!

Um, I did absolutely completely horrible! Eating everything and anything bad! Lots of the waking up in the middle of the night eating, ouch!

+3 :mad::o:(:mad:

Was still exercising a little bit, but the food choices and amounts were out of control! I'll try to make up for it this week! :)

HI all!

Belle ~ cute ditty as usual. Hard to resist the Hallowe'en treats for me.

I always buy what I like as we never know if any kids will trick or treat here.

Diana ~ great news about the job. Hope you really like it & can stay 'til you want to leave.

Rose ~ belated birthday greetings! May you have many more happy healthy ones!

shootr ~ forgot to say last week how beautiful your pictures were. Love your little trailer, so cute! Have fun at the game!

cruises42 ~ guess we know where 3 of those pounds landed! Better luck next week just4steven.;)

If my scale's correct I'm down 1.2 lbs which is a nice surprise, still 13 to go to be where I want to be which is no where near where I should be!:o

Next Friday I'm cruising for 14 days so we all know that's not going to be good news when I return!

Have a great week & watch out for ghosts & goblins tonight! (or even chocolate & chips).

~ Jo ~ :)

I'll join in if you dont mind...little background. I am almost 49 year old male 5ft 5.

Five or six years ago I was 190 pounds and ready to move into a size 36 waist pants.

After seeing a photo, made a few life style changes, now I am at 150 and a 30-31 inch waste and currently eat 1450 cals a day...I'm wanting to cut down to 130 and add 10-15 back in muscle...mid section not as flat as I want. 90% I avoid all processed foods, but do cheat on occasion( Halloween party Tonight!).

I work out with weights 3 mornings a week and do an hour of intense yoga twice a week.

HI all!

uncleg ~ welcome to the thread!:D Wow you weigh less than I do & I'm shorter than you. 190 is a number we hear a lot of on this thread but somewhere I never want to go!

shootr ~ I hope you got enough trick or treaters to get rid of all that candy!

We only had 2 kids so have a lot of bags of chips left over @90 cal per bag & so yummy!:o

Have a nice weekend & don't forget to fall back if you do daylight savings time.

Well did you make it without eating candy?

What happen to the leftovers?

Nice picture shootr..sitting in the AZ warm night.

Jo smart with the chips. You can eat your leftovers.

uncleg welcome to our group.

Your doing good. See you on Thursday

to weigh plus anytime you want to talk.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Looks like a great day with your daughter.

Your other picture reminded me on the

Star Princess they have a bar called...,.

get ready for it.......................

Shooter's Cigar Bar.

Oh my, this post so is so much more than a comment - the itineraries, the amenities, and the CIGAR BAR?!? I'm doing some serious investigating into this!

Here's the video for the Color Dash:

[YOUTUBE]KschznRPcMk[/YOUTUBE]

Hi all:

I'm a cruiseaholic with 13 cruises under my belt. Then I did something crazy. I told my husband we couldn't book another cruise until I got down to 140 lbs. what was I thinking?!

I am 58 years old and currently weigh 159. I am 5'3". I am a heart attack survivor. I weighed 170 when I had my heart attack in April 1012.

After eating six large cookies yesterday I felt awful....both physically and emotionally. I decided to commit myself to no sugar and no flour. I am going to start standing instead of sitting when I'm working. (I teach private music lessons). I just ordered a pedal exerciser to use when I'm reading. I love to read and spend hours sitting and reading or playing solitaire on my phone. My life is just too sedentary.

I'm hoping you lovely people on cruise critic can help me stay motivated and on task with this lifestyle change. You have my permission to yell at me if I fall off the wagon. Hopefully I can help some of you in return.

Susan in Minneapolis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How about encouraging nudges back on track instead of yelling? :D

Just set reasonable expectations and you'll get there. Looking forward to you checking in each week.

Me- bad, bad day today - bought bad stuff at grocery store and snacked what seemed like all day. Did get chores done and such but like Susan, I'm pretty ticked and disappointed in my self after yesterday's successes.

Tomorrow's another day so onward and no looking back.

Don't beat yourself up to bad, we all slip, the secret is to just get back on the wagon again, sometimes a little slip is not a bad thing it shakes up the metabolism and can get you moving again if you have hit a Plato. Just always make sure the your "diet" is a lifestyle change and is something you can do forever ans still not be so restrictive that you cannot enjoy your favorite foods on occasion. Best wishes and good luck.

Yeah, that's the silver lining, my "diet" is just eating smart, and faithfully tracking calories every day for accountability. I feel pretty good and locked in, but those "slip" days do suck - I'm paying for it today with tummy issues.

Hi all!

Welcome to the new people.:D

Wow we have a page 2, that's amazing!!

Susan ~ I'm a little shorter & a bit heavier than you but would like to be 147 like I was for about 20 years before I retired & began this sedentary life (which by the way I'm enjoying)

shootr ~ lovely video! So colourful (what is that they're throwing please?) & such tender moments making memories with your DD.

I pigged out some yesterday too so will soon see what my Wii has to say about my weight. I did eat some veggies too besides the chocolate bar & Good & Plenty.;)

I won't be weighing in until the 27th after I return from my cruise.

Be good people & if you gain a bit, there's always next week!

Jo: Have a great time on your cruise! Where are you going and on what cruiseline?

I will be weighing myself daily but will most likely only post when I have good news to report. If it's terrible news I may post just to get the encouragement from the group. I'm hoping to reach my goal in time to make a cruise reservation around final payment time for a cruise that leaves around April 1.

Hi again.

Susan ~ I'm going on NCL Dawn for 14 nights from Boston (brhhhh) to New Orleans stopping in 6 Caribbean islands. Looking forward to being warm again after the 1st 3 sea days.

I was pleasantly surprised when my Wii said I was the same weight as on Saturday. Guess I would have been down a bit had I not eaten the chocolate bar & candies.:o

Jo - You must be flying to Boston? I would love to do a repo cruise ... will Jose & Patti be on this cruise ... I do enjoy their singing. Have fun and enjoy ... I'll have to check out your ports .... I do love New Orleans!!!

Perhaps when I retire, we will do more cruising and I will get a chance to do a repo!!! ( I retire in 2 years 10 months and 16 days!!!). Jan