If you've already been to Tallinn, Estonia...

BBMacLaird

One of our guest bloggers, Carrie Finley-Bajak, writes today about taking a chocolate truffle class while visiting Tallinn, Estonia. This experience is offered through our Insider Access small-group tours.

I've been to Tallinn, and of course loved it. I have a picture on my desk of my husband sitting in an art gallery that reminds me of our time in Tallinn whenever I look at it.

I think these off-the-beaten-track experiences Azamara offers are custom-made for those like me who have been to a place before and want to see or do something different on the future visits. Interacting and cooking with the locals makes for a perfect second visit. What do you think?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/chocolaterie-workshop-tallinn-estonia

insider_access_tallinn_chocolaterie_workshop.jpg.28c0aa43f445bd79bb0734681d2d4e3b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Bonnie. The Insider Access Tours sound very nice. I have a couple of questions. Where can I get more general information on what might be offered in various ports? And, will I be able to use my (what used to be called OBC) Land Discoveries credit toward the Insider Access Tours?

On our Azamara Club Cruises website there's a page devoted to Insider Access Tours, with information, videos, and at the bottom a list of the future cruise Insider Access tours: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/insider-access

Yes, you can most definitely use OBC or OSM for an Insider Access tour. In my mind it's the perfect way to spend the credits...on something you might not do otherwise.

There's also Nights & Cool Places and Nights in Private Places that you should look at. These two may sound similar but are QUITE different!

All can be purchased on-board using OBC/OSM.

Bonnie,

Could you give us some idea of the price range of these Insider Access tours?

Thanks.

Hello tgg!

I don't have a spreadsheet with the tour prices. If you download the tour booklet for the voyage you're looking at the prices should be in there. If not, tell me which one interests you and I'll inquire tomorrow.

Bonnie,

Could you give us some idea of the price range of these Insider Access tours?

Thanks.

We just booked a gnocchi cooking Insider Access in Kotor for something like $89. A Nights and Cool Places evening visit to La Pedrera in Barcelona was less, but I don't remember exactly. An Insider Access to a hacienda in Nicaragua where a former president lived and the Sandinista-Contra agreement was signed was less than $100. Others can be more.

Bonnie,

Please take a look at a question I asked on the luggage tag thread which is way down the page and you probably missed. It is a question that I am sure many people will appreciate, especially those of us who haven't yet had the pleasure of enjoying an Azamara cruise.

Response are all over the place regarding luggage tags as well as documentation beyond the Xpress Pass. The biggest problem is that experienced people who are describing their experience in several cases don't have a home country listed and sure the process is different for different countries so can't tell what to wait or look for on our cruise that is little over a month away.

Thanks so much Bonnie,

We just booked a gnocchi cooking Insider Access in Kotor for something like $89. A Nights and Cool Places evening visit to La Pedrera in Barcelona was less, but I don't remember exactly. An Insider Access to a hacienda in Nicaragua where a former president lived and the Sandinista-Contra agreement was signed was less than $100. Others can be more.

Thanks Al.

Just the kind of information I was looking for.

Toni

Thank you for the extra info...I understand that these are small groups. Is this always limited to the same number?

On our Azamara Club Cruises website there's a page devoted to Insider Access Tours, with information, videos, and at the bottom a list of the future cruise Insider Access tours: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/insider-access

Yes, you can most definitely use OBC or OSM for an Insider Access tour. In my mind it's the perfect way to spend the credits...on something you might not do otherwise.

There's also Nights & Cool Places and Nights in Private Places that you should look at. These two may sound similar but are QUITE different!

All can be purchased on-board using OBC/OSM.

Thank you for your quick response. The link just takes me to my reservation, and it's too early for me to book (or for any info to be listed). I was interested in pricing and what's offered in general on each cruise. Is there an Insider Access tour on every cruise? More than one per cruise? Just trying to assess the odds of my chances of booking one of these once onboard...it's a little frustrating, to say the least, to be forced to wait until I'm on board to even book using my credit. I need to make my plans for what I'm doing onshore much earlier than embarkation.

Thank you for the extra info...I understand that these are small groups. Is this always limited to the same number?

It varies, can be as high as 20 which was far too many on a $150 pp trip we went on.

Bonnie you say we can book on board but it's only if space is available. Our attempts to use OBC have failed in the past because what we wanted was already sold out - the old recurring problem!

It varies, can be as high as 20 which was far too many on a $150 pp trip we went on.

Bonnie you say we can book on board but it's only if space is available. Our attempts to use OBC have failed in the past because what we wanted was already sold out - the old recurring problem!

I'm guessing the same thing will happen to us...so the land discoveries credit is just smoke and mirrors? I know I'm naive about these things, but how on earth can they do the intricate advance planning which I assume must be needed for transportation and guides, when they don't have a remote clue for how many will be participating if so many will be booking onboard? For my part, advance planning is critical. I hope Azamara will reconsider this policy.

I'm guessing the same thing will happen to us...so the land discoveries credit is just smoke and mirrors? I know I'm naive about these things, but how on earth can they do the intricate advance planning which I assume must be needed for transportation and guides, when they don't have a remote clue for how many will be participating if so many will be booking onboard? For my part, advance planning is critical. I hope Azamara will reconsider this policy.

Depends what your you want. Last time we had OBC we had no problems booking tours with it when on-board, even a very popular tour in Mumbai that included lunch at the Taj Mahal hotel. This was very expensive and we would never have gone on it without the OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Depends what your you want. Last time we had OBC we had no problems booking tours with it when on-board, even a very popular tour in Mumbai that included lunch at the Taj Mahal hotel. This was very expensive and we would never have gone on it without the OBC.

Yes, we rarely have an issue booking excursions onboard. Might be more of an issue with small-capacity Insider Access events. Could just book those in advance to be sure. Don't think the "smoke and mirrors" comment is warranted.

It's good to hear that there's availability once on board. I'll just wait and see what happens. Shame, though...it would add a bit of stress and waiting in line time to the first day of my cruise, I think:( This probably comes down to personality type: I'm a planner to the nth degree, wishing to have every detail ironed out ahead of time. Wish I could just relax and go with the flow but it's just not who I am! So my credit will probably go unused, therefore my comment of "smoke and mirrors". Perhaps I could have found a better way to express that I wish the "credit" had been something I'd actually use, rather than leave on the table. I'm going to forget about it now...certainly don't want to spoil my excitement this far in advance!

It's good to hear that there's availability once on board. I'll just wait and see what happens. Shame, though...it would add a bit of stress and waiting in line time to the first day of my cruise, I think:( This probably comes down to personality type: I'm a planner to the nth degree, wishing to have every detail ironed out ahead of time. Wish I could just relax and go with the flow but it's just not who I am! So my credit will probably go unused, therefore my comment of "smoke and mirrors". Perhaps I could have found a better way to express that I wish the "credit" had been something I'd actually use, rather than leave on the table. I'm going to forget about it now...certainly don't want to spoil my excitement this far in advance!

I think we'd all like it that way...but, as of now, it isn't. So we book "must-do" excursions in advance and the rest onboard.

Don't let anything spoil your excitement. Cruises are about being excited.