Pearl Seas Cruises

Ken_W

A new cruise line, cruising the East Coast, the Great Lakes and the Caribbean. Pearl Seas Cruises, one ship so far with an inaugural sailing set for June.

Had a brief conversation with a sales rep and asked if they were U.S. flagged, and she said yes they flew the U.S. flag but were registered in Marshall Islands, where we provide military support but they're still a republic.

Meanwhile, cruises that start in the U.S. end either in Canada or Nassau, so it seems they would not be U.S. flagged.

Anyone have more info? The itineraries look wonderful, and it looks like a nice small ship environment.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with a sales rep today as the info on the cabins was rather sparse both online and in the brochure I received. They are offering free shore excursions and a pre cruise hotel stay for the cruise I inquired about, a 14 day cruise around the first of October.

I am just a little wary of trying something this new. Never have been much of a risk taker!

• 4 months later...

I just found these guys and if they pan out at all, it would be perfect for DH's 50th' b'day gift for many reason. I wish there was more info. Hopefully over the next few months as their summer cruise season progresses, we'll get some reviews

Looking forward to reading your review! I believe my great-grandparents took a Great Lakes cruise for their honeymoon, and I'd love to hear about your experiences.

It appears that the same people who own American Cruise Lines (Yorktown, etc) own the Pearl Seas company. Major league tour companies such as the Smithsonian Journeys people use many of the ACL ships for their tours.

I have traveled with ACL on a Columbia River trip on the Queen of the West and long ago posted a review.

I am interested in a trip on the Great Lakes right now but haven't seen a price point that I can live with with Pearl Seas.

There is plenty of information available on American Cruise Lines.

I will be interested to hear from those sailing Pearl Seas Mist's inaugural sailing tomorrow. I've never seen a sailing without any fanfare. No pre-inaugural sailing for the media and travel agents.... First sailing for the crew and passengers on a ship that has been sitting idle for years....

I will be interested to hear from those sailing Pearl Seas Mist's inaugural sailing tomorrow. I've never seen a sailing without any fanfare. No pre-inaugural sailing for the media and travel agents.... First sailing for the crew and passengers on a ship that has been sitting idle for years....

I'm waiting for some information as well.

The Smithsonian Magazine often has an add for this company and that is about all I know at this point.

This looks really interesting!! I just read about the first sailing out of Baltimore and look forward to reading some reviews here!

umm.... a tainted past?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-06-14/business/bs-bz-pearl-mist-20130518_1_cruise-ship-mystery-ship-carolyn-spencer-brown

Edited by Sam.Seattle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, mgo51! I've been watching this thread (and doing Google searches on "Pearl Mist") to see what pax have to say about the ship. For the first (and now second) sailings, I've found some articles from harbor-related publications noting the arrival and/or departure of the ship. But nothing from passengers. (Note that I do not hang out on social media sites like Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter, so I wouldn't know if anyone posted there.)

But hey, good fellow-cruiser, we're gonna be traveling together! I've been looking for info because I, together with my 93-year-old father, will be pax on the July 30th Chicago departure of the Pearl Mist's 4th sailing, the Great Lakes and Georgian Bay cruise. So we now have what it take for a successful Roll Call -- more than one cruiser!

Therefore, I just started an official Roll Call thread under the Cruise Forum titled "All Other Cruise Lines Roll Calls". You can visit the Roll Call by clicking here. Please post!!!!

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

Here's wishing you bon voyage on your July 39th sailing, and if you get the chance I'm sure there are lots of folks here who would be interested in your experience both on board and with Pearl Cruises.

There's a family story (taken with many grains of salt) that my grandfather was conceived on a Great Lakes steamer in 1901 during my great-grandparents honeymoon. True or not, it represent a picture of the glamour of a cruise on the Great Lakes.

• 2 weeks later...

WE are scheduled to board the Pearl Mist on July 30th. I am disappointed that I have not seen any reviews on the previous sailings. I have asked numerous questions and asked for a reply or a phone call back from a supervisor and have never received a phone call back or an email. I sure hope the service on board is better than what I have received thus for. I think they need to improve on their communication skills. We are seasoned travelers and have never had this type of problem. We are leaving in a few days and still waiting on information regarding our cruise.....very frustrating. I hope when we return from our cruise, I will be able to write a positive review.

WE are scheduled to board the Pearl Mist on July 30th. I am disappointed that I have not seen any reviews on the previous sailings. I have asked numerous questions and asked for a reply or a phone call back from a supervisor and have never received a phone call back or an email. I sure hope the service on board is better than what I have received thus for. I think they need to improve on their communication skills. We are seasoned travelers and have never had this type of problem. We are leaving in a few days and still waiting on information regarding our cruise.....very frustrating. I hope when we return from our cruise, I will be able to write a positive review.

hope you come back & give your thoughts on the cruise

Not a good start if they do not communicate to the passengers in a timely manner

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...

Ports were great! loved everything from Holland,Mi to Mackinac Island. Ship not so great. They have alot of work to do before they can say "luxury cruise and exquisite cuisine". Mechanical problems caused ALOT of noise. Food was the worst in over 30 cruises we have taken. I did write a full review under the review section.:(

• 2 weeks later...

So, how was it????