Just booked my first Celebrity Cruise

American_in_York

I sailed on the Celebrity Horizon back in the early 90s. Since having my daughter in 2006 we have stuck to NCL and RCL slowly moving up to Princess (which we really enjoy!)

My 50th is coming up next year and I wanted to do something just for me so I booked the Celebrity Eclipse on 25th July to the Baltic. I am so excited!!!! It's 10 months away but I can't wait. :D

Can you tell me what is the best part of a Celebrity cruise so I can get ready?

Thanks

Although food is very subjective, IMO, X is a full notch above the other lines. There is also a great vibe on board along with having a laid back feel. For instance, there are morning announcements, but after that X assumes you are intelligent enough to read the daily schedule so you are not constantly bombarded with announcements which is much more relaxing. The activities are a little more "mature". I.e no belly flop contests, but there is the guest vs officers pool volleyball. So still fun, but a tad more upscale. The Martini Bar is a great pace to hang out, even if you don't drink martinis (DH drinks his beer there before dinner). But do try the small size appletini (covered under the classic drink pkg.). Yum!

I also really like the sushi available after 5:00 at the Oceanview. Take a look on YouTube.com to see some videos for the S class ships to get a feel for your ship. I love to watch these to put me in the mood. I think you will be very happy with your choice of Celebrity. We do occasionally cruise other lines, as you can see from my signature, but we cruise the other lines for price or itinerary. We cruise Celebrity because we love it.

I sailed on the Celebrity Horizon back in the early 90s. Since having my daughter in 2006 we have stuck to NCL and RCL slowly moving up to Princess (which we really enjoy!)

My 50th is coming up next year and I wanted to do something just for me so I booked the Celebrity Eclipse on 25th July to the Baltic. I am so excited!!!! It's 10 months away but I can't wait. :D

Thanks

We started with NCL and now prefer Celebrity. The food is step up from NCL, about the same as the NCL specialty. Service is excellent.

There is little or no pushy sales stuff from photographers, etc.

The Celebrity excursions tend to be prices lower and more reasonable than NCL.

There is a bit more serenity cruising on Celebrity. It is a class cruise line.

Thanks

You are going to love it. You picked a nice itinerary and ship class. I love the S-class ships. I celebrated my 40th on Celebrity and my 50th on Princess. I have to say, if you like Princess, you will most likely love Celebrity.

Thanks

We did Baltic this year and loved it our roll call was great lots of info have a look at the web site some of the guests produced.

http://eclipse2014.wix.com/celebrity-eclipse

Also look at this trip report loads of great photos.

http://www.thepreismans.com/baltic_2013.htm

Edited by snowyboy

You will enjoy your Celebrity cruise if you enjoy Princess. If you would like to be served at lunch try the Bistro on 5. This is a nice switch from the buffet or the main dining room. It does have a $7 charge but you can get soup, salad, snadwich, and a crepe for dessert. Have a great time.

Thanks everyone! I have joined the roll call and it looks like some people have already booked excursions. Feel a bit behind even though it is 10 months away.

My husband is a really foodie so I think he is really going to enjoy this cruise. I have a feeling we are going to become big Celebrity fans!

Thanks again for all your input.

Vicki

DH and I love Celebrity, but we think Princess definitely has the edge on food. The MDR on Princess is less chaotic and has tastier food choices than the MDR on X. And the specialty restaurants are more expensive on Celebrity. With that being said, you will love Celebrity's cabins. They are wonderful, and the cabin bathroom is way better than Princess. The Celebrity ships are beautiful and elegant. Service you will find comparable to Princess, as well as entertainment. X has a more relaxed vibe than Princess. The solarium on X is amazing! The lounge chairs in the solarium are so comfy, we always found a bunch of people snoring away there in the middle of the day! Enjoy your cruise. DH and I have sailed on RCCL, but we now flip flop between X and Princess.