Printed Xpres Pass, but confused...luggage tag?

tbmrt

Made final payment yesterday and received notification to print Xpres Pass at Celebrity Site.

While there I saw a notice that the attached luggage tags "are not real luggage tags" but these can be shown to porter at embarkation to use "real tags".

However, there is also a note at the Celebrity site to come back and print our luggage tags within 49 days of sailing (We are roughly 90 days to sailing now).

Should I wait to print them at 49 days or go to porter?

One more thing...Is the Xpres Pass all we need to board other than usual ID, CC? Do we need to bring copy of Edocs also?

Thanks

Edited by tbmrt
added

Go to online check in and click on the request tags tab....

Luggage Tags

To print or request luggage tags, you must:

• Complete your online check-in

• Have your cruise eDocs issued

• Allow 49 days or less before you sail

Ensure all bags have luggage tags attached before arriving at the pier.

Get personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each tag mailer contains eight colored tags specific to your ship, departure date and stateroom assignment.

Request Tags

Luggage tags: The luggage tags that you order closer to the sailing will be pre-printed with your names and cabin information so you can have these on bags when you head to the pier. If you can get these you should as they are more convenient.

If you cannot get the preprinted luggage tags it is no big deal. The porters at the pier will have blank tags available for you to fill out and put on your bags. I've only had to do this a couple times but it seems that both times the porter didn't have a pen to fill these out so make sure you have a pen or marker with you. Other than that the only real difference is the 5 minutes it takes to get and fill out the tags at the pier.

The Xpress pass is all you need to board other than a passport or other similar required documents. You do not need the edocs as those are just information for you - the only exception to this is if you've purchased a transfer to the ship in which case there should be a voucher in with the edocs. Fact is that you don't necessarily need any documents (other than ID) to check in but the Xpress pass will speed the process quite a bit for both passing security into the terminal and the actual check-in process. If you don't have the Xpress pass for any reason it will be extremely helpful if you at least have some other type of confirmation form showing you're booked on the cruise.

Hi, look at your booking on day 49 (before you cruise)...around that

point there should be a "new link" that allows you to order your luggage

tags. You can click on the link and submit your information and within

about another week they should arrive via snail mail.

I recently made final payment for my upcoming cruise as well.....same

thing for me.....49 days should be coming up soon:D

The "order luggage tags" button isn't activated until Celebrity issues your edocs (not your xpress pass). It seems that if you used choice air, the edocs get delayed so you may not be able to order luggage tags until maybe 30 days before the cruise.

Here is what I have been doing.

When I can order luggage tags at 49 days before the cruise and if the X site is working properly(a big if) then you print edocs and then ask for luggage tags. Did this for the first part of my upcoming b2b and they came in less than 5 days.

The second cruise, today is the 49 day and have not be able to access edocs or reservation at all. In the past like this past January, I print my own luggage tags in color from the edocs. I made 4 luggage tags and used them. They worked fine. You fold on lines and staple and attach to luggage. No problem.

So do not panic all will be well.

You can always go to dock and have a porter attach, but that can be hectic at the pier. Bring a marker.

Edocs are not necessary at check in. Passport, credit card, and xpass are essential.

The "order luggage tags" button isn't activated until Celebrity issues your edocs (not your xpress pass). It seems that if you used choice air, the edocs get delayed so you may not be able to order luggage tags until maybe 30 days before the cruise.

What are edocs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a Guest Ticket Booklet that has everything about your cruise in one place. From reservation to vouchers and contract and information about insurance that you might have. About 20 pages or more. Two important things in it are vouchers for transfers and Proof and luggage tags if you did not get any via mail.

I have printed then laminated my own tags for last two cruises. E docs usually arrive a little later than 49 days due to booking through a TA who has a block of staterooms.

If you purchased cruise care insurance thru Celebrity it is helpful to have the policy information with you should you need it. The e-docs also have contact numbers for day of travel contacts in the event of a delay. I just transfer the PDF file to my Kindle Fire to access it if needed, (which I did on 2 trips, one cruise one non cruise group travel).

Mary Lou

Correct. I have Choice Air flights and I was waiting for my eDocs as my Roll Call were all ordering their tags. I phoned Captain's Club and the helpful agent did something to my reservation while I waited (he said it was due to the air) and within 2 hrs I received my eDocs :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have downloaded my passenger information pdf to my Kindle, printed my Xpress passes and have my luggage labels. Own insurance and flights so presume thats all I need?

You are in good shape !!

When you get to the pier the essentials to have at the ready are:

In Hand at the Port Entry Check Point:

* Xpress Pass (essentially your "Boarding Pass")

* Passport (essentially your ID for International Travel)

For the Porters / Luggage Drop:

* Luggage with Luggage Tags attached (if you don't have the sticky ones, Or if you need extras... you can get blanks from a Porter... Then just add your cabin #)

In Hand at Celebrity Check In:

* Xpress Pass (essentially your "Boarding Pass")

* Passport (essentially your ID for International Travel)

* Credit Card that you will be using to settle your onboard account (charges you make while on the ship which will be in US Dollars)

Have a great cruise !!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Looks like you are all set Chris, have a great cruise.

Not off until 2 October Elaine, but thanks. Hope you have a good time on your cruise as well - let me know if they confiscate your 'kettle'😄

Edited by Dorset Cruiser