New Sabatini's Italian Trattoria pics?

cruzrbachoua

Hi anybody recently on the Caribbean Princess that took any photos of the area and food in the new Sabatini's with the new menu...curious to see some info as we were just gifted some specialty restaurants for a b2b cruise and wanted to Crown Grill and Sabatinis.

Mind if I ask what you had?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

The meal started with Stuzzinhino Della Casa - warm bread, delicious dipping sauce, prosciutto.

My next course was Alici- fried zucchini and yellow squash, smokey cheese on toasted crostini.

next came the soup - which had celery, mushrooms and toasted hazel nuts. This was followed by Buckwheat Paoladelle ... The Buckwheat pasta is hand made wide ribbon pasta partnered with beef cheek, the pasta was tender, the sauce rich and the beef melted in your mouth.

For the main course I chose the Veal Vallet - tender veal, marjoram roasted potatoes, artichoke, sun dried tomatoes and provalone - heavenly! DH had the Roman Seafood al Cartoccio - a delicious meal of delicately prepared grouper, shrimp, black mussels, scallops, potatoes and artichoke.

the thing we noticed most about this meal was how each dish was a bit more enticing then the one before building to a delicious conclusion.

Food was as beautiful as it was delicious. I can't wait to dine there again.

Sure wish that Princess would dump the "Share" on the Emerald Princess and bring back with the "New Flare" Sabatini's! The menu that you mentioned sounds wonderful to go with the posh comfort and elegance of Sabatini's luxury!

Just Mike

Many of us wish the same!

Yes, we did try SHARE thinking we would like it but we did NOT! :(

Next up for us is Caribbean Princess and are so happy to have Sabatini's rather than SHARE.

Shelley, your meal sounds delicious, and I look forward to trying the new menu.

When news of the new menu first appeared here on Cruise Critic, there was much discussion about Veal Vallet. Nobody really knew what that meant. Your description helps. However, how would you describe the veal cut? Chop? Medallions? Scallops? ???

Since Just Mike decided to expand the scope of this thread, I will offer a counter view. I personally wish that SHARE was on every Princess ship. The food there is awesome. Also, do not get me wrong. I am not suggesting that they indiscriminately replace Sabatini's with SHARE.

We ate at Sabatini's for dinner once and breakfast almost every day on a recent CB cruise in April out of Southampton. I like foofy food, husband not so much, but he is willing to try. It was good, but not great for dinner. Breakfast was great though! Only suite guests get breakfast in Sabatini's though. Let's see if I can get my pics to post...So I tried, and it told me I had to resize them after much effort to find them all. Grrr. I will try to get to this again later when I have more time.

I'm looking forward to the new menu. I've been bored with the old menu for some time, but it's a family tradition to eat in Sabatini's on the first night. I'd also like to try SHARE at some point also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shelly97060 do you recall if the new Sabatini's had tiramisu for dessert? Or perhaps what any of the desserts were?

I know you directed your question to someone else, but I actually did have the tiramisu for dessert in Sabatini's. It's more like a deconstructed tiramisu. Here is what it looks like...

sabatiniscb-7-1600.jpg.e2b24eb21c61453e8c70a6114cdd4efa.jpg

I know you directed your question to someone else, but I actually did have the tiramisu for dessert in Sabatini's. It's more like a deconstructed tiramisu. Here is what it looks like...

Hey I will take all the answers no matter who...great thanks. I saw that pic on princess and was curious what it was. Do you perchance have any photos of your food (some do that) or perhaps pics of the menus...like dessert since they don't have it online...any info you have would be great since it is soo new.

Shelly97060 do you recall if the new Sabatini's had tiramisu for dessert? Or perhaps what any of the desserts were?

Yes, they had tiramisu. I don't recall all the desserts. The ones we saw go past our table looked lovely but by dessert we were very full... Gotta plan more carefully next time lol.

Yes, they had tiramisu. I don't recall all the desserts. The ones we saw go past our table looked lovely but by dessert we were very full... Gotta plan more carefully next time lol.

HAHA yes the woes of cruising...not planning food right and being too full. Has happened to us before. But with so many yummy options it is hard to say no..

Hey I will take all the answers no matter who...great thanks. I saw that pic on princess and was curious what it was. Do you perchance have any photos of your food (some do that) or perhaps pics of the menus...like dessert since they don't have it online...any info you have would be great since it is soo new.

I do have some pics of our food and I will try to get them uploaded to this thread this weekend. I think we took photos of nearly every meal we had on the ship! I will say, if you are going on the CB and you eat in Sabatini's...Julia is the best server there. The only one who came close was George. We had Julia at dinner there and also at breakfast. She got my husband a Caesar salad even though it wasn't on the menu.

I do have some pics of our food and I will try to get them uploaded to this thread this weekend. I think we took photos of nearly every meal we had on the ship! I will say, if you are going on the CB and you eat in Sabatini's...Julia is the best server there. The only one who came close was George. We had Julia at dinner there and also at breakfast. She got my husband a Caesar salad even though it wasn't on the menu.

Oooh great thanks. Yeah I cant wait to see your photos. I will put Julia's name in my notes and see if we can ask to be seated in her area when we book our table. We are waiting to board to book as we will have free gifts from TA and also we want to try to see if we can see the weeks menus at guest svs and then decide on a dud night to go to sabatinis the one week then crown grill the other as we are on a b2b.