AA meetings on Dream ship

hbruner

My husband goes to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at least twice a day. Does anybody know if AA meetings are held on the Dream ship? We are leaving May 7th. If there isn't, would anybody be interested in meeting with him daily for meetings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and I believe meetings were every day. DH remembers no meeting first day and he thinks they were at 5:00 pm other days.

BTW, At The Wet Lizard restaurant in Belize, you can sharpie write on the rafters and someone wrote "I am a friend if Bill W and I didn't drink on my cruise!"

For anyone wondering, dream also had narc a non. DH remembers these are in the morning.

Thank you for information everybody! He was getting anxious about missing his meeting but he feels somewhat better now

One thing to keep in mind, just because there are meetings posted, doesn't mean they are greatly attended.

Also, the meetings are completely self-directed. The ship only provides the space, it is up to the interested parties to conduct the meeting.

My husband goes to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at least twice a day. Does anybody know if AA meetings are held on the Dream ship? We are leaving May 7th. If there isn't, would anybody be interested in meeting with him daily for meetings?

Meetings were listed in the daily paper and held in the library on deck 4

There are usually "Friends of Bill" and "Friends of Jimmy" (NA) meetings listed in the Fun Times. And while the Library is very commonly the venue, I've seen the Piano Bar at noon, the Art Auction Room, and yes, even the Coffee Shop public area on the Conquest Class ships listed as meeting places.

There may be 1 or 2 people showing up, or there could be a crowd of 15 -20. Bring your own coffee, water and Grapevine if you please. There may or may not be a sign for a "Private Function" provided.

Guest Services is usually amenable to making changes if the place listed is not conducive to a meeting. Sometimes a sober travel group is on board and they will have their own activities/meetings but will allow others to attend as well.