7 mile beach Grand Cayman

MrsAReid

Hello CC family! I hope everyone is having a great day. The DH and I set sail on Carnival Breeze in November and I would like to know if the 7 mile beach worth going to? Is there a fee? How far is it from the ship? Can you walk to it or do you have to take a taxi? What's the fare of the taxi? TIA

Just back from the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. We took a taxi to Seven Mile Beach at Royal Palms resort. The taxi ride was only about 10 minutes from George Town (where you exit the tender). I don't remember the exact dollar amount, but it was reasonable. There was a $2 per person charge to enter the Royal Palms, which gives you access to their restrooms and changing rooms plus the pool. There were plenty of chairs on the beach, which rented for $8 each. Umbrellas were extra. I think 2 chairs and an umbrella were $30. There is a full-service bar and grill with patio right there, and a DJ was playing music by the pool. DH ordered a bucket of beer. It was beautiful but crowded. No vendors hassled us (nor did I even see any vendors on the beach). There were 2 other ships in port with us, and most of the people on the beach were cruise passengers. There were jet skis and other water toys to rent, which we didn't do this time. (Just FYI, there was a fatality this past spring when 2 jet skis collided, which admittedly could happen anywhere, but the jet skis were being driven at very high rates of speed the day we were there). No problem getting a taxi back to town.

Hope this helps, although this will probable be moved to the ports page.

Edited by CruzCrazy

Just back from the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. We took a taxi to Seven Mile Beach at Royal Palms resort. The taxi ride was only about 10 minutes from George Town (where you exit the tender). I don't remember the exact dollar amount, but it was reasonable. There was a $2 per person charge to enter the Royal Palms, which gives you access to their restrooms and changing rooms plus the pool. There were plenty of chairs on the beach, which rented for $8 each. Umbrellas were extra. I think 2 chairs and an umbrella were $30. There is a full-service bar and grill with patio right there, and a DJ was playing music by the pool. DH ordered a bucket of beer. It was beautiful but crowded. No vendors hassled us (nor did I even see any vendors on the beach). There were 2 other ships in port with us, and most of the people on the beach were cruise passengers. There were jet skis and other water toys to rent, which we didn't do this time. (Just FYI, there was a fatality this past spring when 2 jet skis collided, which admittedly could happen anywhere, but the jet skis were being driven at very high rates of speed the day we were there). No problem getting a taxi back to town.

Excellent info. Another resort/beach club is called Treasure Island? Very similar. The local van drivers can also drive you to a section of public beach that has loungers to rent and a local restaurant with showers and restrooms. & mile beach is an excellent choice for anyone not doing the sting rays.

We also did Royal Palms, and we loved it. We had all the amenities available to us (bathroom, shower, etc), with a bar and adult swimming pool. There were also options to rent water equipment.

Hello CC family! I hope everyone is having a great day. The DH and I set sail on Carnival Breeze in November and I would like to know if the 7 mile beach worth going to? Is there a fee? How far is it from the ship? Can you walk to it or do you have to take a taxi? What's the fare of the taxi? TIA

Seven Mile Beach is very worth it in my opinion. It is rated one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is spectacular in my opinion, but I used to live there so I may be biased :)

You can take a taxi van for $4 US dollars per person to Seagrapes public beach. There is no entrance fee. Food and drink are available at Calico Jack's, which is a beach bar right to the public beach. There are bathrooms there and outdoor rinse off showers. Wave runners and other water toys are also available for rental at the public beach as well.

Edited by CocoCandy

Seven Mile Beach is very worth it in my opinion. It is rated one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is spectacular in my opinion, but I used to live there so I may be biased :)

You can take a taxi van for $4 US dollars per person to Seagrapes public beach. There is no entrance fee. Food and drink are available at Calico Jack's, which is a beach bar right to the public beach. There are bathrooms there and outdoor rinse off showers. Wave runners and other water toys are also available for rental at the public beach as well.

Are there shaded areas??

Honestly, you will nee to rent beach umbrellas! ;)

Seven Mile Beach is very nice. :)

LuLu

We have been to a few of the bar along the beach and they were fine, reasonable cost to rent a chair and lots of shade so we didnt have to keep moving our chairs.

Thought this could be an alternative. Thanks for info.

7 Mile beach is a stretch of beach which encompasses many other "named" spots...like Seagrape, or Public beach....ALL of the beaches are free to use...ALL of them. If you feel the need to use a hotels chairs or pool, then you will pay for that.

GC has a great bus system...it's about a block or so across from the tender dock. $2.50 pp. Easy, cheap and friendly. They stop all up and do the beach stretch.

7 Mile beach is a stretch of beach which encompasses many other "named" spots...like Seagrape, or Public beach....ALL of the beaches are free to use...ALL of them. If you feel the need to use a hotels chairs or pool, then you will pay for that.

GC has a great bus system...it's about a block or so across from the tender dock. $2.50 pp. Easy, cheap and friendly. They stop all up and do the beach stretch.

Seagrapes is the public beach. Some places like Royal Palms do charge an entry fee to access the beach.

Are there shaded areas??

The public beach ( also known as Seagrapes) has these little covered huts with benches that are first come first serve for no charge. Otherwise, you could probably rent an umbrella or purchase a drink or food at Calico Jacks at the public beach and sit under their shaded area.

public_beach.jpg.987c5d7ec24cefdb9e2d37816327b2a1.jpg

Edited by CocoCandy

Last year I went to royal Palm for the first time and I liked. The taxi ( van) cost less than 5$ pp each way. You don't pay for the beach but to enter trough their facility. I was going to rent a chair and umbrella but I looked to the right and there were people just seating in the sand with a towel and lots of shades. Compared to other beaches I have been I think the prices for umbrella and chairs are a little high.

We opted to go just use our cruise beach towers and stayed on top of the sand. I remember buying a virgin piña colada and it cost about 8$

Going there again next year, amazing beach and great opportunity to take pictures with the ship in the background

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering if the chairs are all tied together? I have a vague recollection of going there years ago and not being able to move my chair because they were all tied together.

Have been to Grand Cayman and few times and have done excursion through the ship to the beach - can't remember which beaches. The water had no much coral/rocks that it was almost impossible to get into the water. Are they all like that or did I just happen to hit the bad ones?

Thanks!

Have been to Grand Cayman and few times and have done excursion through the ship to the beach - can't remember which beaches. The water had no much coral/rocks that it was almost impossible to get into the water. Are they all like that or did I just happen to hit the bad ones?

Thanks!

Sounds like you just went to a bad part. When we were there last November we just went to the public beach (west bay) and it was pretty easy to get in and out of the water. Didn't notice many rocks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if anyone has been to Rum Point Beach also and how it compared to 7 mile?

Rum Point is difficult to get to. We rented a car and loved it. Not a long stretch of white sand but a palm try lined golden beach. Really the best way to get the idea is to do a google image search.

There is some very good snorkeling there if you know where to find it. I'd go back in a flash if there was any good transport. It is a bit of a pain to rent a car for the day and then not be able to drink any rum at Rum Point.:rolleyes:

Easiest and safest way for a solo traveler to get to 7 mile beach? Where would I want to get to and how would I get back? And what would it cost? Can I walk to 7 mike beach from cruise port easily and safely?

As you exit the tender pier there will be shuttles that will take you to the beach. As a solo I recommend Royal Palms Beach club. There is a $2.00 entrance fee and this covers use of the pool, bathroom and showers. The cost of the shuttle is $5.00 each way and they will be waiting for you at the dropoff area at Royal Palms.

https://royalpalmscayman.com/cruise-ship-visitor-information

Edited by runner15km