Ladies ... let's talk Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

The husband got me some new Michael Kors Gold perfume for Christmas. I'd been alternating Chanel Chance and Chanel #5 for a while. Do you have any "signature" scents? I know they all smell different on different people, but I'm interested to see what all of you love!

Calyx by Clinique, Angel by Thierry Mugler, Be Delicious by DKNY, Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, and Happy Heart by Clinique all work well for me. I usually only wear Calyx or Angel in the evening though. It seems that I've been wearing Calyx for approximately 25 years now.....

Thank you for "talking perfume!"

The husband got me some new Michael Kors Gold perfume for Christmas. I'd been alternating Chanel Chance and Chanel #5 for a while. Do you have any "signature" scents? I know they all smell different on different people, but I'm interested to see what all of you love!

Another Chance perfume lover. I've used the original for a few years. This Xmas, DH gave me the Chance that has the pink clear glass bottle. Smells fabulous. There is also one that comes in a green bottle so I'm hoping or get that one for a b-day gift.

Daisy eau so fresh by Marc Jacobs, Flora by Gucci, Chanel No5, See by Chloe and (don't judge) Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears! They smell sooo good.

Currently have my ears (nose?) on Flowerbomb by Victor and Rolf, which I may purchase pre cruise to have a reminder!

I wore fantasy in Florida years ago, and that's what it reminds me of now!

My favorite for fall/winter is Chanel No5. For spring/summer, my favorite is Rive Gauche, by Yves St Laurent. There are others I like and use occasionally as well, like Feminine, by D & G, Yvress (used to be called Champagne) by Yves St Laurent, First, by Van Cleef & Arpels, Ombre Rose, by Jean Charles Brosseau and Coty Wild Musk. There are a few others, but these come to mind first.

Karma by LUSH. Strangers stop me all the time to compliment me on my perfume. If you don't have a LUSH near you there is online shopping. They also have great solid shampoos which are nice if you are traveling carry-on only.

The thing about Karma (and other LUSH perfumes and products) is that not only are they wonderful but they don't seem to bother people with scent allergies. I shared an office with a guy who had terrible sensitivities to scent but not only could tolerate my Karma but ended up buying soaps and other products there for himself.

Depending on time of the year, and what I am doing my go tos are:

J'adore, Dior

Bright Crystal, Versace

Mon Jasmine, Bvlgari

Parfum D'extase, Marchesa

Quite often people ask me what I am wearing while wearing the Bvlgari. It is a light, clean semi sweet scent.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Coco by Chanel in the evening and most of the Bvlgari perfumes as they are really light for during the day, oh and sometimes Fleur by Kenzo in the day time.

I don't wear perfume during the day whilst cruising just evening. I detest women who drown themselves in the stuff, it goes back to whilst living in Germany a lot of the women used to do this and god if you got stuck beside them on a plane it was unpleasant!

I have tried to buy/use other perfumes but I just waste money as I don't like most of them. Theirry Mugler I wanted to love but it gives me such a headache and I can smell it at 500 feet and go the other way!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I don't have a "signature" scent because I like different scents for different seasons and occasions. I also prefer scents that are a little less common. (Seems like every fourth person I run across on a cruise has on "Cashmere Mist." I like it, but am not tempted....)

Often I like scents that are unisex; not overly fond of things that are too floral or too sweet smelling.

Some scents I currently like:

Acqua Fiorentina (Creed)

Spice and Wood (Creed)

Femininite du Bois (Serge Lutens)

Pomegranate Noir (Jo Malone)

Les Nuits d'Hadrien (Annick Goutal)

Jean-Marie Farina (Roget et Gallet)

Colonia (Acqua di Parma)

Edited by cruisemom42

Guerlain My Insolence

It's definitely my favorite, but hard to come by. Sephora and Macy's have both stopped stocking it. The last bottle was bought via Ebay. I hear the Guerlain shop in Epcot at WDW has it.

Guerlain Insolence is carried at most Guerlain counters, but the My Insolence is a completely different scent.

Absolutely will be checking some of these out. I, too, change perfume with seasons. I am a teacher so I have to be careful of sensitive little noses, but love when the kids tell me I smell nice ... And of course it's nice to hear from my husband, too! Jo Malone fragrances are lovely. The Clinique Calyx Elixir mentioned here ... That's on my vanity table, too! I've loved it for a while now!

I don't have a "signature" scent because I like different scents for different seasons and occasions. I also prefer scents that are a little less common. (Seems like every fourth person I run across on a cruise has on "Cashmere Mist." I like it, but am not tempted....)

Often I like scents that are unisex; not overly fond of things that are too floral or too sweet smelling.

Some scents I currently like:

Acqua Fiorentina (Creed)

Spice and Wood (Creed)

Femininite du Bois (Serge Lutens)

Pomegranate Noir (Jo Malone)

Les Nuits d'Hadrien (Annick Goutal)

Jean-Marie Farina (Roget et Gallet)

Colonia (Acqua di Parma)

you have a serious fragrance budget.

Daisy eau so fresh by Marc Jacobs, Flora by Gucci, Chanel No5, See by Chloe and (don't judge) Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears! They smell sooo good.

I'm so glad someone did a "fragrance confession" before me, LOL... I was afraid of being judged myself. I can't help it -- I have tried all sorts of fragrances in every price point, but my two favorites and the ones I still get the most compliments on are Fancy by Jessica Simpson (LOVE it), and Dark Vanilla by Coty (discontinued :-( :-( )

I hate the thought of a "celebrity" perfume, but man I love how it smells...

:o

-gina-

Karma by LUSH. Strangers stop me all the time to compliment me on my perfume. If you don't have a LUSH near you there is online shopping. They also have great solid shampoos which are nice if you are traveling carry-on only.

The thing about Karma (and other LUSH perfumes and products) is that not only are they wonderful but they don't seem to bother people with scent allergies. I shared an office with a guy who had terrible sensitivities to scent but not only could tolerate my Karma but ended up buying soaps and other products there for himself.

I can't do the karma perfume, but I can do the soap and body lotion. Probably because of the mixture in the soap & lotion, not with perfume content. Some Lush things do bother me - the Jungle solid conditioner sets me off…

I'd really wish women would not put on perfume in close quarters like a cruise ship. Yes, close quarters. Stuck in an elevator, sitting in a restaurant with lots of closely-spaced tables, at the small piano bar… I've had many a meal and even an evening ruined because some bore of a woman decided everyone within 200 yards of her had to smell her perfume…even worse are women who smoke - they have to put on an excessive amount of perfume to be able to smell it through the stench of the cigarette smoke they live in.

I hate hotels that have the scent machines, too. Where I work is one of the offenders. I have to know where those machines are so I can avoid going near them!

I can't do the karma perfume, but I can do the soap and body lotion. Probably because of the mixture in the soap & lotion, not with perfume content. Some Lush things do bother me - the Jungle solid conditioner sets me off…

I'd really wish women would not put on perfume in close quarters like a cruise ship. Yes, close quarters. Stuck in an elevator, sitting in a restaurant with lots of closely-spaced tables, at the small piano bar… I've had many a meal and even an evening ruined because some bore of a woman decided everyone within 200 yards of her had to smell her perfume…even worse are women who smoke - they have to put on an excessive amount of perfume to be able to smell it through the stench of the cigarette smoke they live in.

I hate hotels that have the scent machines, too. Where I work is one of the offenders. I have to know where those machines are so I can avoid going near them!

We've had several cruise ship meals that were ruined for us because we were seated next to women who were doused with fragrance. We could not smell or taste our food, their perfume was that overwhelming.

I love fragrance (favourites are Hermes Eau de Merveilles and a few Fragonard fragrances) but I hardly wear it now because so many others are assaulting my senses on a daily basis. We used to endure the unpleasantness, now we ask to be reseated in restaurants. What's the point of spending good money on a nice meal and good wine if it's just going to taste like perfume?

Fragrance should be subtle, not offensive.

We've had several cruise ship meals that were ruined for us because we were seated next to women who were doused with fragrance. We could not smell or taste our food, their perfume was that overwhelming.

I love fragrance (favourites are Hermes Eau de Merveilles and a few Fragonard fragrances) but I hardly wear it now because so many others are assaulting my senses on a daily basis. We used to endure the unpleasantness, now we ask to be reseated in restaurants. What's the point of spending good money on a nice meal and good wine if it's just going to taste like perfume?

Fragrance should be subtle, not offensive.

This. I've found that 95% of people who wear fragrance wear too much.

Spray one spritz into the air and walk into it. Anything more than that is overkill and offensive.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...