Celebrity Millennium Sailings Affected - 9/11/15, 9/27/15, 10/11/15

Celebrity Cruises

As the others booked on that cruise who have already posted here we are severely disappointed and angry - we originally had wanted to book the (cancelled) Century cruise around Japan. Then booked this cruise on "Millenium" one day after the itinerary came out and were able to book one of the coveted AQ cabins aft - the one we had always wanted for a cruise but had never got before.

Now we were unlucky - again. I wouldn't mind so much if the alternative cruises we were offered to book at the protected price were better ones and we would be able to take ALL the perks we had got by booking onboard with us. But the offered alternatives in Asia offer much less in regard to the itineraries, the one we would be willing to take ( to Bali etc). is the only one exempted. The two cruises offered to New Zealand in November 2015 ( strange selection anyway :eek:) are only 12 days compared to the 14 we booked and usually are heavily discounted at a later date.Right now they are at standard (high) price.

If Celebrity really were willing to listen to us disgruntled (and loyal Elite and Elite Plus) customers they would offer a wider range of cruises open for booking at the protected price ( as many many cruises have risen in price especially for example in Aqua Class when compared to the arlier booking dates) and give us the perks we were promised onboard for booking at the earliest available date.

I agree. We jumped on the Around Japan cruise as soon as it was on the website, just as we did for the Century cruise. We were short sheeted twice.

I wonder if Celebrity will offer the Around Japan cruise for its customers in 2016.

I think we will take the 25 October cruise, Japan and China (despite the visa cost) and do a week in Japan prior to the cruise.

We have cancelled and will sail with Princess or RCI instead. I did look into booking on the Oct 25 sailing but could not get an S2 which is what we were booked in. I am just glad we had not paid our insurance as we usually do for pre-existing and would possibly be out that. Time for us to move on and plan something else. Good luck to all those booked on the cancelled cruises finding something you like.

We have cancelled and will sail with Princess or RCI instead. I did look into booking on the Oct 25 sailing but could not get an S2 which is what we were booked in. I am just glad we had not paid our insurance as we usually do for pre-existing and would possibly be out that. Time for us to move on and plan something else. Good luck to all those booked on the cancelled cruises finding something you like.

It's too bad you couldn't have found a sailing that you liked so you didn't have to give up that $500 OBC:(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's too bad you couldn't have found a sailing that you liked so you didn't have to give up that $500 OBC:(

Full blame rests squarely on Celebrity for this mess. At the least, they could have extended much better cruises options, made the credits applicable for ANY cruise through 2016, done, oh, REAL customer relations efforts?? Like personally call each and every booked passenger?? They did not. The customer means nothing to Bayley or RCI. When you forget that without the customer, you have no business, the end game destruction of a corporation begins.

Edited by Aloha 1

Aloha 1, I am just wondering about the passengers on these cruises who do not use cruise critic. How will they know their cruise has been cancelled? Neither Celebrity nor our TA notified us. When we contacted Celebrity we were told to call our TA. When we called our TA we were told they were sorry we could not find a cruise we liked as though it was our fault. I don't care about losing the perks I had - it just is not worth it to put up with this hassle.

Aloha 1, I am just wondering about the passengers on these cruises who do not use cruise critic. How will they know their cruise has been cancelled? Neither Celebrity nor our TA notified us. When we contacted Celebrity we were told to call our TA. When we called our TA we were told they were sorry we could not find a cruise we liked as though it was our fault. I don't care about losing the perks I had - it just is not worth it to put up with this hassle.

X announced to this board just what, Friday afternoon, after the close of business?

Likely they will be reaching out to affected guests and TA's starting this week. It can't all happen instantaneously. As you've discovered even X staff isn't quite up to speed, likely the X rep posted here sooner than maybe they should have as a courtesy to those on these boards.

By being on Cruise Critic, you just got the luck of having the inside scoop before the rest.

The way people berate the Celebrity rep every time they post here, I have to wonder why they even bother any more.

Edited by cle-guy

X announced to this board just what, Friday afternoon, after the close of business?

Likely they will be reaching out to affected guests and TA's starting this week. It can't all happen instantaneously. As you've discovered even X staff isn't quite up to speed, likely the X rep posted here sooner than maybe they should have as a courtesy to those on these boards.

By being on Cruise Critic, you just got the luck of having the inside scoop before the rest.

The way people berate the Celebrity rep every time they post here, I have to wonder why they even bother any more.

Thing is Cle-guy, they gave us very limited sailings to choose from and the availability for the Oct 25 sailing is now limited. How difficult is it to send an email? How can anyone berate the Celebrity rep from posting here since it is anonymous.

Thing is Cle-guy, they gave us very limited sailings to choose from and the availability for the Oct 25 sailing is now limited. How difficult is it to send an email? How can anyone berate the Celebrity rep from posting here since it is anonymous.

This is very true. Discussing an anonymous posting of information is hardly berating, it is barely complaining. ;)

Here is something to think about--I called X today to inquire about my March 12/16 Summit cruise that has disappeared off the X site. The rep told me that all he could see was that it is now temporarily classified as a "no sell sailing". He could not find any other information regarding my cruise (that I've actually already paid a hefty suite deposit for). He told me to call back during the week to speak with someone who might now something (whenever certain departments are open). I really have not been impressed with X vacation planning reps. Don't get me wrong, he was quite nice--but why can't they ever tell us anything??? I'm assuming I'm not the only person who has put down money on this cruise, and who is planning ahead.

I'm assuming they are waiting to see if a charter will bring in more money for them. Hence the rest of us poor saps (who have given X money) have to just wait.

Shawn

This is sadly true. It was late Friday afternoon when we received the message. We knew we would be first out with the message, possibly before call outs had started. Still, we thought it was important to share.

It is important to share and thank you for this. We just wish there had been more select sailings to choose from. When we booked on the Reflection Transatlantic in May (which by the way is the best sailing we have ever been on) we could have picked any sailing. After the cancellation, we were limited to a few. Anyway, such is life, and best wishes to you.

Full blame rests squarely on Celebrity for this mess. At the least, they could have extended much better cruises options, made the credits applicable for ANY cruise through 2016, done, oh, REAL customer relations efforts?? Like personally call each and every booked passenger?? They did not. The customer means nothing to Bayley or RCI. When you forget that without the customer, you have no business, the end game destruction of a corporation begins.

The OBC offer (credit) does apply to all sailings

This is sadly true. It was late Friday afternoon when we received the message. We knew we would be first out with the message, possibly before call outs had started. Still, we thought it was important to share.

I think you did a fantastic job of getting it here first. Kudos because a lot of companies don't. Makes me want to cruise Celebrity more often

Celebrity, I AM FURIOUS!!!!!

I don't have a problem with the ship being chartered, but why are UK clients not being afforded the same customer care as USA clients.

I contacted my TA on Saturday about this and he was told by Celebrity that it would be Monday before we could do anything.

After several phone calls from him to Celebrity this morning he has been told that the reservations team will not allow them to actually do anything until the options are confirmed and finalised their end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY CELEBRITY, WHY??????

Dear Celebrity

Please can you clarify the following statement -

"Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you re-book any Celebrity sailing"

Does the above apply only to bookings made before 22nd August or at anytime in the future.

ÀLSO DOES THIS APPLY TO UK BOOKINGS ?

Many thanks

Dear Celebrity

"Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you re-book any Celebrity sailing"

Does the above apply only to bookings made before 22nd August or at anytime in the future.

Many thanks

"Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you re-book ANY Celebrity sailing."

I would like to think that the $300 obc applies to everyone who was on one of the chartered cruises, but Celebrity UK are still finalising options, so we will have to wait and see.

Edited by sentosa25

Dear Celebrity

Many thanks

When this happened to us, the UK office allowed me to make a reservation to get the OBC and then transfer to another cruise once the new season's cruises were released, maintaining the OBC. However, that was before the changes when all the PCS were made redundant. Not sure if you would get away with it now.

Not berating the rep, berating the Company and the C suite as deserved.

The OBC offer (credit) does apply to all sailings

Believe it only applies through 2015. Might be wrong and it would be good to know the answer as there is nothing in 2015 I would book.

Believe it only applies through 2015. Might be wrong and it would be good to know the answer as there is nothing in 2015 I would book.

The offer of OBC says "Any Celebrity Sailing" not "specific Celebrity Sailings" or "sailings through 2015".

What have you read that leads one to believe its only thru 2015? Is there more information out that is not posted here?

When I contacted our travel agency this morning they knew nothing as yet and had to verify with Celebrity cruises. The rules are as stated - keep your protected price and cabin category plus 300/500 US-$ OBC when choosing one of the very unattractive alternative cruises offered or choose another cruise - in which case you'll only get the OBC.

Two things really make me furious : the alternatives offered are - in my opinion - the least attractive cruises in that area and I won't choose them, preferring to cancel if I can't find anything else. The second idea Celebrity had to hurry me along in my decision :( is the given deadline of August 16th which is only 5 more days away. ( different in the US). I DO have something else to do besides trying to find another cruise when - on the other hand - I was the one who had to contact the cruise line to find out what happened. In the days of the international world-wide web a simple e-mail to ALL customers booked on the two cruises would have helped. We're lucky that CruiseCritic and the official Celebrity Cruises poster gave us that information.

The third point which makles us an unhappy customer - and I think it's a chorus of other posters with similar experiences : We booked that cruise in good faith immediately after it was released to choose the cabin we wanted and to get a good price and some perks by booking onboard. Now the best cabins for my alternatives are gone, prices have risen for attractive itineraries and up to that moment I even don't have the confirmation yet whether I can keep the perks I got when booking onboard. As a shareholder I'm happy that Celebrity earns money by chartering out the ship, but ( as usual now) the situation could have been handled in a more flexible way. For example the list of cruises you might book instead could very easily have been extended to better itineraries so that we might at least get something worthwhile for the price we paid. We're especially unlucky because we splurged on Aqua Class and an aft cabin this time - now the only cabin category we could have at one of the more interesting cruises ( again: NOT the ones Celebrity offered...) for that price is a lower-grade balcony cabin at the most. That hurts!

When I contacted our travel agency this morning they knew nothing as yet and had to verify with Celebrity cruises. The rules are as stated - keep your protected price and cabin category plus 300/500 US-$ OBC when choosing one of the very unattractive alternative cruises offered or choose another cruise - in which case you'll only get the OBC.

Two things really make me furious : the alternatives offered are - in my opinion - the least attractive cruises in that area and I won't choose them, preferring to cancel if I can't find anything else. The second idea Celebrity had to hurry me along in my decision :( is the given deadline of August 16th which is only 5 more days away. ( different in the US). I DO have something else to do besides trying to find another cruise when - on the other hand - I was the one who had to contact the cruise line to find out what happened. In the days of the international world-wide web a simple e-mail to ALL customers booked on the two cruises would have helped. We're lucky that CruiseCritic and the official Celebrity Cruises poster gave us that information.

The third point which makles us an unhappy customer - and I think it's a chorus of other posters with similar experiences : We booked that cruise in good faith immediately after it was released to choose the cabin we wanted and to get a good price and some perks by booking onboard. Now the best cabins for my alternatives are gone, prices have risen for attractive itineraries and up to that moment I even don't have the confirmation yet whether I can keep the perks I got when booking onboard. As a shareholder I'm happy that Celebrity earns money by chartering out the ship, but ( as usual now) the situation could have been handled in a more flexible way. For example the list of cruises you might book instead could very easily have been extended to better itineraries so that we might at least get something worthwhile for the price we paid. We're especially unlucky because we splurged on Aqua Class and an aft cabin this time - now the only cabin category we could have at one of the more interesting cruises ( again: NOT the ones Celebrity offered...) for that price is a lower-grade balcony cabin at the most. That hurts!

Hi grayjay,

Can you please send us an email at concerns@celebrity.com with your reservation number, and a phone number that you can be reached at? Thank you!

I do think that Celebrity need to learn a lesson here about the modern world. It is impossible for something to be communicated with US-based customers without customers in other parts of the world hearing about it. There has to be different T&Cs in different countries because of different laws, regulations and trading conditions [however, much some people resent it] BUT there does not need to be different communication.

Whilst on the subject, the different treatment of customers in different parts of the world should work both ways - not just in Celebrity's favour. Celebrity must learn that what is reasonable compensation for US-based customers may not be in other parts of the world. Where a US-based customer may not experience a financial loss, customers elsewhere may do in the same situation. Where a deposit paid to Celebrity is fully refundable such as for US-based customers, customers may resent cruises being cancelled less than those in areas where the customer would lose their deposit if THEY cancelled. Customers who make a net financial loss so that Celebrity can increase their bottom-line are never going to be happy.