Celebrity Millennium Sailings Affected - 9/11/15, 9/27/15, 10/11/15

Celebrity Cruises

How far out can you book flights in Scotland?

TO my knowledge all flights and hotels can only be booked somethnig like 330 or 350 days in advance, has a lot to do with how their booking systems work. None that I know of can even do 365 days in advance.

Hotels and Airlines may CONTRACT special events and groups farther out, but not allow individual bookings until they get within the time frame to actually "book and confirm" pre-reserved tickets and rooms in those special circumstances.

There are some airlines that only allow 6 months out, such as Southwest in the USA. They even note the date on their webpage.

TO my knowledge all flights and hotels can only be booked somethnig like 330 or 350 days in advance, has a lot to do with how their booking systems work. None that I know of can even do 365 days in advance.

Hotels and Airlines may CONTRACT special events and groups farther out, but not allow individual bookings until they get within the time frame to actually "book and confirm" pre-reserved tickets and rooms in those special circumstances.

There are some airlines that only allow 6 months out, such as Southwest in the USA. They even note the date on their webpage.

Lots of hotel chains take bookings more than a year out. BA Lufthansa and AC I think open flights at the 356 day mark

Lots of hotel chains take bookings more than a year out. BA Lufthansa and AC I think open flights at the 356 day mark

Marriott does not - 350 days

Holiday Inn does not - 350 days

Hilton cuts off at exactly 365 days

Four Seasons cuts off at exactly 365 days

Fairmont, however does, though they are a relatively small "boutique" luxury brand.

But most majors have a cut off time that I am aware of

I'm more if a Starwood girl. Most Westins, Sheratons, le meridians do. But they be exceptions I was price comparing in Dubai yesterday and had no issue with prices coming up for November 2015. Fairmont are certainly not boutique hotels in Canada , they're huge

I'm more if a Starwood girl. Most Westins, Sheratons, le meridians do. But they be exceptions I was price comparing in Dubai yesterday and had no issue with prices coming up for November 2015. Fairmont are certainly not boutique hotels in Canada , they're huge

Don't get me wrong, Fairmont is actually my favorite luxury hotel brand. Any time they are in a city I travel to, I try to stay there - Toronto, (Royal York I practically lived at for 2 months for a work project), Dallas, Cairo, Chicago, Telluride, Boston, London (what a fabulous renovation of the Savoy!).

But with only 19 hotels in Canada (70 world-wide with 12 under development), that is pretty "boutique" relative to Marriott's over 4,000 hotels!

Starwood is certainly an exception to the limited booking rule, I forgot about that chain.

How far out can you book flights in Scotland?

Through our corporate agents these can be booked at 360 days - in the situation being discussed I have flight bookings for a business trip in 2015 which could have been connected to a follow on visit to the first of the cruises mentioned as I would have been in that part of the world - it would have been an open ticket with the return visit being ticketed once my return date was finalised

The original point was that the automatic assumption that no one would have had any flights in place relating to the first cruise was not entirely valid - yes no flights in place if you were just flying to and from the sailing but if you were tagging it to another trip outbound flights could have been purchased

True for flights everywhere I am aware of but not for hotels. I have found hotel chains may have very different booking periods and independent hotels are even more ... well, independent. I have booked hotels well over a year in advance - both chains and independents.

Initially posted before I read the following posts. There are so many more hotel chains in the UK and around the world beyond the handful the statement was based on.

Edited by Project_gal

Your info on hotels is incorrect.

There are lots of hotels that allow bookings a year or more in advance.

I'm currently researching hotels for Rome for next October and have come across several already accepting reservations on their website. Likewise, if you look at some of the roll calls for next fall (especially for TA sailings) you'll see that several people have already booked hotels.

Not everyone stays in American style chain hotels when travelling internationally. It's quite possible that people booked on the Millennium sailings that have been cancelled do have hotels booked.

Edited by lovemylab

Fairmont are certainly not boutique hotels in Canada , they're huge

Very true! Some of the largest and most luxurious hotels in Toronto (Royal York), Québec (Château Frontenac), Montreal (Queen E) and Vancouver (at least 4) are Fairmont. I think people would be surprised at what they own around the world.

P.S. They also own The Plaza in NYC and The Savoy in London (to name a few others...).

Love theses hotels...at least you know what to expect. The larger chains (Marriott, Hilton etc.) vary greatly between cities.

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

Very true! Some of the largest and most luxurious hotels in Toronto (Royal York), Québec (Château Frontenac), Montreal (Queen E) and Vancouver (at least 4) are Fairmont. I think people would be surprised at what they own around the world.

P.S. They also own The Plaza in NYC and The Savoy in London (to name a few others...).

19 hotels in Canada - 70 world-wide with 12 under development.

Stayed at the Savoy once, but sadly just before the renovations and haven't had a chance to go back since. Was top tier in their President's Club at the time, and they put me in a fabulous corner suite - 3 rooms, with a fireplace even!

As to the Plaza, and Savoy, Fairmont doesn't own them, but rather Manage them as with a few of their hotels in their portfolio.