Where are the P&O cost savings?

davecttr

ChrisPbacon

I will come onto the forum and I will certainly make my view known as long as it is not offensive, and I certainly will not be ordered about by you or any other forum member , to use your own phrase "There that's dealt with"

Wow. Someone is trying to hurt my feelings on a forum. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If you can just learn to live with your own statement now and not have a sly dig at those who do want to raise problems they've encountered on their cruise, you'll have finally 'got it'. But have a go at others, and expect the same back at you! Simples.

Oh, and my phrase was 'that's that dealt with'. All you had to do was copy and paste. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by ChrisPBacon

Florry

Did you ask for it, on our last cruise Port and Stilton was offered to my wife every night after she indicated to our waiter that was her preference , in addition after the first formal night I was asked if I would like an additional main course.

We were on Freedom dining and asked for a table within the same section on every night we attended the MDR this request was complied with on every ocassion albeit on some evenings with a slight delay where we were issued with a pager.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Hi, yes I asked and was told it's only the first and last formal now - I'm still on the cruise and it's formal tonight so I will ask again just in case I get a different answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think P&O did do hard-sells with photos and drinks but they've stopped it thank goodness!

Stopped the hard sell on the photos, but you fly to the Caribbean for 8 hours, having got up in the middle of the night. You get on a coach to travel to the port. Then you queue up to check in and then......they say, 'just stand there while we take your photo'. [emoji3] Has anyone ever bought those photos?

Hi, yes I asked and was told it's only the first and last formal now - I'm still on the cruise and it's formal tonight so I will ask again just in case I get a different answer!

I can confirm no port and Stilton on tonight's formal [emoji24]

Never mind the MDrm, there used to always be a Stilton available in the buffets. The last time we sailed Pando all that was on offer was little squares of rubber.

I don't believe anyone can deny that food standards have slipped.

Can it get any worse?

David.

Never mind the MDrm, there used to always be a Stilton available in the buffets. The last time we sailed Pando all that was on offer was little squares of rubber.

Can it get any worse?

David.

I can :) :)

Cos there are only one or two things which do not appear. I certainly can live with that.

I do like their fish and chips.

The last few cruises most of the table ordered the fish.

I enjoy a a mix of plain and fancy meals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can it get any worse?

David.

When we were on Oriana this summer I asked one of the Officers in the buffet why there was no stilton and good as gold he went and got me some. They keep it under the counter;)

I can :) :)

Cos there are only one or two things which do not appear. I certainly can live with that.

I do like their fish and chips.

The last few cruises most of the table ordered the fish.

I enjoy a a mix of plain and fancy meals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Despite my other gripes, I think the food in the MDR has improved. Thought the choice and portions were better. Ironically, the worst meal my relative had in the MDR was the fish and chips. Batter like concrete and hardly any fish in it. We complained to Elvis....the head waiter and he did say that they'd had complaints across the dining room on that. It was a blip really. Couldn't fault anything else.

But the fish and chips in the Glass House. Now.......that was lovely!

Despite my other gripes, I think the food in the MDR has improved. Thought the choice and portions were better. Ironically, the worst meal my relative had in the MDR was the fish and chips. Batter like concrete and hardly any fish in it. We complained to Elvis....the head waiter and he did say that they'd had complaints across the dining room on that. It was a blip really. Couldn't fault anything else.

But the fish and chips in the Glass House. Now.......that was lovely!

The MDR food on Arcadia has been excellent on the cruise I am on and they have really improved the way they are looking after those with special diets [emoji1360] The Ocean Grill remains as excellent as always [emoji4] The buffet is not good, maybe I got spoilt on Britannia. The cold meats seem to be cheaper cuts, you don't seem to get things like prawns any more and I have struggled some days to find anything other than carrots, tomatoes and cucumber to put on my plate [emoji53] I therefore take back all previous comments about the buffet being a viable alternative to MDR (lunch or dinner) and add a caveat that that only applies to my experience on Britannia [emoji45]

There is no longer a chocoholics event [emoji22]

They havn't had chocoholics for a long time. We were on Oceana and Azura last year and they now have an "enhanced afternoon tea". This is not advertised but it is in the Horizon daily paper but not highlighted. Don't think they want people to know as it is only a small selection in the buffet but has very nice cupcakes 😋

They havn't had chocoholics for a long time. We were on Oceana and Azura last year and they now have an "enhanced afternoon tea". This is not advertised but it is in the Horizon daily paper but not highlighted. Don't think they want people to know as it is only a small selection in the buffet but has very nice cupcakes [emoji39]

Went to this version of chocaholics in the buffet restaurant a couple of weeks back on a med cruise. I didn't think much of it, but I'd never been to the proper one, so have nothing to compare against.

Went to this version of chocaholics in the buffet restaurant a couple of weeks back on a med cruise. I didn't think much of it, but I'd never been to the proper one, so have nothing to compare against.

Wow just got the Horizon and there is a chocoholics in the MDR tomorrow! IT's BACK [emoji7]

Drinks work out cheaper on P&O than most of the American lines even when you have one of their a drinks packages !!

I think they do for soft drinks, beer and wine..however; spirits and being a less controlled measure work out cheaper IMO on American lines

Hi Florry ,

I know some people who were also told you only get port and stilton on first and last formal but I asked and got it on all of the formals :). Will do a review when less tired as I feel some of the port information might b useful for others doing this cruise next year. Claire

Hi Florry ,

I know some people who were also told you only get port and stilton on first and last formal but I asked and got it on all of the formals :). Will do a review when less tired as I feel some of the port information might b useful for others doing this cruise next year. Claire

Hi Claire, that's useful to know! I will add it to my feedback. Hope the unpacking is going ok, I still have 3 cases left!