pre-purchasing Bermuda Bus/Ferry passes

sandinmyshoes

Is there any way to purchase Bermuda Bus/Ferry passes before we arrive on the island? We are traveling on NCL Breakaway.

We would like to avoid the line on the island and "hit the ground running" if possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

May you enjoy your future Sea-estas!

Sorry, I meant to say if you buy a two day transportation pass on board Breakaway, the two days need to be used in succession, Wednesday and Thursday or Thursday and Friday. The bus driver punches your ticket for both days on the first day you use it.

Hope this helps.

When we were on the B'away, we were among the first to board the ship [Haven], and were told by the concierge the ferry/bus passes were limited to either one or two day options. Since we didn't plan on using the transport system on our last day in Bermuda, [taking in the dockyard on our own], I requested four 2-day passes. By 2: PM, the concierge told me they were out of passes.

When got to Bermuda, we went to the kiosk near the ferry and obtained our own passes.

Darcy

If you don't get to purchase on board, I will mention that I stood in line to buy the passes and the line moved along quite quickly. We were among the first to disembark, but it really wasn't bad. I was in line around 11:10 and we managed to get on an 11:30 ferry to Hamilton with plenty of time to spare. This was on the Dawn, with an 11 AM arrival time.

If I recall, there was a reason why we didn't purchase the transportation pass ahead of time on the Dawn. It was either that they didn't have three days passes, which is what we wanted, or they didn't have the passes for the kids, which we needed.

I purchased transportation passes on the Dawn last July.

Awesome. Thanks. So I assume that it's the same price as purchasing them once you get to the dock correct?

If I recall, there was a reason why we didn't purchase the transportation pass ahead of time on the Dawn. It was either that they didn't have three days passes, which is what we wanted, or they didn't have the passes for the kids, which we needed.

So...sometimes it can be "iffy" about getting them I guess.

Are these purchased as a shore excursion? Or you just get them from customer service or something?

Hey Girly, I would recommend going to get the passes as soon as you can. As someone else said, they don't always have an unlimited supply. It was on another line but I know they sold out before we got there. You would think they would have tons of them to cut down on lines in shore.

Just an aside, we always planned our days that we only needed the 2 day pass. We would save Dockyard for the last day and even did an excursion from there. I like to be in close proximity to the ship on the last day.

When you purchase your passes on board the ship, do they have schedules to give you? We will be there over Bermuda Day & I need to check the holiday schedules to see what & where we can go.

Thanks for the information about buying the passes on board. I think that might save me a little time.

• 3 weeks later...
If you don't get to purchase on board, I will mention that I stood in line to buy the passes and the line moved along quite quickly. We were among the first to disembark, but it really wasn't bad. I was in line around 11:10 and we managed to get on an 11:30 ferry to Hamilton with plenty of time to spare. This was on the Dawn, with an 11 AM arrival time.

On previous cruises we never bought our passes onboard the ship, we always purchased them at the info desk in the Customs building right there where you get off the ship. We weren't ever the first people off the ship, but by the time we got to the Information kiosk there was never much of a line. We were on the NCL Dawn for our two most recent cruises, and it was pretty relaxed getting off and back onto the ship. We seldom encountered any line at all actually. We have a knack of avoiding a people rush if there's going to be one lol. So the ship may run out of transportation passes, but the tourist kiosks never run out of passes. Thank goodness because for us it's the best option for getting around, way cheaper than a taxi.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl
name appeared twice at close of post

If you can't get them on board and don't want to wait in line at the first kiosk (inside the first building), just walk to the end of the pier and there is a little trailer where they also sell the passes. Never have I waited in line there. You can also continue on, past the ferry and there is another kiosk (small store) where you can get them.