C.D on Marina in August

roger b

Not sure, but in June it was David Shermet. I personalty I didn't like him. He always said when you see me around the ship stop and say hello or ask me a question. The problem was you never saw him around the ship. Your best chance to see him was on the TV---and he need training - unless you think reading the newsletter to you is good.

I didn't really care for Dottie, however she really did a good job, she made herself available to everyone around the ship. She also made you feel that she cared about her passengers-and that's what you want in a CD.

Rick

Not sure, but in June it was David Shermet. I personalty I didn't like him. He always said when you see me around the ship stop and say hello or ask me a question. The problem was you never saw him around the ship. Your best chance to see him was on the TV---and he need training - unless you think reading the newsletter to you is good.

I didn't really care for Dottie, however she really did a good job, she made herself available to everyone around the ship. She also made you feel that she cared about her passengers-and that's what you want in a CD.

Rick

We sailed on Marina this past April and ran into David Shermet just about every day somewhere around the ship. He was always out and about and talking to us passengers. I guess it is possible to not see him during an entire cruise but from our experience it would be difficult!

Rick

How strange....I was on Marina earlier this month. On a 7 night between Dover and Copenhagen I saw David Shermet around the ship far more than I did Leslie Jon on an 18 night cruise. I don't do trivia or frequent the "shows", so the only time I will see the CD is during the day around and about, and I agree with you in that Dottie, is omnipresent and genuinely cares. I found David Shermet to be from the same mould.

Edited by LaCroisiereS'amuse

We sailed on Marina this past April and ran into David Shermet just about every day somewhere around the ship. He was always out and about and talking to us passengers. I guess it is possible to not see him during an entire cruise but from our experience it would be difficult!

I can say what my experience was (and 10 others on the trip). It became a joke to us. glad your experience was what it was.........

Rick

We were on a 24-day cruise with Willie Ames late last year when he was very visible the first half cruise, but hardly anywhere except on tv the second half. The reason? He was ill. He never said anything about it, but it became obvious from his voice later in the cruise he was fighting a wicked cold. The last day he apologized to everyone, from the tv, for not being out more because he had been so ill.

So I try not to be critical until I know the circumstances.

I have sailed with David. He was terrific. Very visible and very involved with passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really! Everybody as the right to their opinion, and for us he's far from terrific. And really needs to know what he's talking about during his TV time---I don't need to see someone reading from the newsletter. He needs training period.

Rick

Really! Everybody as the right to their opinion, and for us he's far from terrific. And really needs to know what he's talking about during his TV time---I don't need to see someone reading from the newsletter. He needs training period.

Rick

Exactly -- which is why I gave my opinion -- to contrast with yours. No need to keep slamming him. We all heard you the first time. You do not like him -- your opinion. I think he is terrific -- my opinion.

Exactly -- which is why I gave my opinion -- to contrast with yours. No need to keep slamming him. We all heard you the first time. You do not like him -- your opinion. I think he is terrific -- my opinion.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion. We've sailed with David four times and enjoyed talking with him almost every day. We had one CD that we and our friends did not like, but I did not want to post a very negative post about him. If I had a tour guide that I thought was awful, I'd post about him if anyone asked.

Sometimes what is left unsaid, says more than what was said. I have had TA's that did not match my personality and I have had TA's that I clicked with. Different strokes for different folks. Now, before anyone's feelings get hurt, can we lay this one to rest please. As I keep preaching to my children, even though they are adults, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." and yes sometimes I forget my rule too.:D

I have sailed with David. He was terrific. Very visible and very involved with passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry that my simple question required people to vent their personal grievances on these hard working men and women, I am very happy with David and found him to be a caring and charming man!!!

Does anyone know who is the Cruise Director in August on Marina ???

I can't say who for sure will be on the August Marina, most likely David but he will be replaced by Ray Carr who is on the Regatta right now. We really enjoyed him especially at trivia and he was very visible around the ship. This will be in September (from the horses mouth).

I can't say who for sure will be on the August Marina, most likely David but he will be replaced by Ray Carr who is on the Regatta right now. We really enjoyed him especially at trivia and he was very visible around the ship. This will be in September (from the horses mouth).

Hi Deb

Love love love Ray.

• 1 month later...