Royal's next Class of Ships

[quote name='MichaelCMTX']Would be nice if some of the lessons learned on the Quantum and Oasis ships could be translated to something more Radiance-sized. There are many markets for which a ship carrying 4000+ people simply isn't going to be practical.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, we can only hope!

[quote name='FLACRUISER99']I think all you will see is 2nd & 3rd generations of Oasis & Quantum class.[/QUOTE]

Probably in the future that will be true although. they will still need some of the smaller class of ships to get into the smaller ports of call. Edited by Folk Singer

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Escalators are a terrible idea.

Drunk people + escalators = serious safety hazard.[/quote][quote name='Merion_Mom']UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN + escalators = serious safety hazard!!!!!! :eek:[/quote]

Although... thinning the herd... ;)

[quote name='Joe12']Hello CCers!
Just wondering, when Royal start building new ships in the 2020's, what features do you want on them, I would like a mix of the WOW factor of Oasis Class and the glamour and Seaview Cafe of Radiance Class
Thanks[/quote]

Just build more Voyager class ships,And scrap the amusement parks of the seas.Send them all to China. :D :)

[quote name='Joe12']Hello CCers!
Just wondering, when Royal start building new ships in the 2020's, what features do you want on them, I would like a mix of the WOW factor of Oasis Class and the glamour and Seaview Cafe of Radiance Class
Thanks[/quote]
Viking Crown.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Escalators are a terrible idea.

Drunk people + escalators = serious safety hazard.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Merion_Mom']UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN + escalators = serious safety hazard!!!!!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Good morning Carol.

I suspect drunks and unsupervised children are also a safety hazard on the stair cases as well. On the other hand, space consumption and the weight of the necessary machinery could be a serious design obstacle -- not to mention the need to have trained maintenance personnel and spare parts on board. Anyway, with a little patience and consideration, I think the elevators do just fine.

[quote name='mjldvlks']I suspect drunks and unsupervised children are also a safety hazard on the stair cases as well. On the other hand, space consumption and the weight of the necessary machinery could be a serious design obstacle -- not to mention the need to have trained maintenance personnel and spare parts on board...[/quote]I heard that the disembarking escalators on Oasis broke down once, and people were stranded on them all day and never made it ashore.:rolleyes:

[quote name='MichaelCMTX']Would be nice if some of the lessons learned on the Quantum and Oasis ships could be translated to something more Radiance-sized. There are many markets for which a ship carrying 4000+ people simply isn't going to be practical.[/QUOTE]

There are some markets where this is not possible! We have cruised out of Baltimore and size is THE issue with that port. 2 bridges to go under to get to the Atlantic. I would not want to see cruise ships leave that port because of the ship size being too large. It is nice every once in a while to be able to drive to the port and not have to worry about flights.