Three Queens Southampton, 3rd May

Ray66

I don’t know whether you’re all aware or not but the three Queens are in Southampton tomorrow Sunday 3rd May. The QM2 will be leading out and is the start of the 175 celebrations. A pity that the port of Southampton doesn’t have a webcam for you to watch.

Also in Southampton will be Anthem of the Seas and Balmoral. So it will be busy busy busy!

We will be on the QV Lusitania Remembered cruise which although sold out weeks ago, is strangely showing some categories back on sale – if any of you want to book last minute.

On Thursday 7th May when we are in Cobh, there will be a memorial service with dignitaries and the ship’s officers.

Mid Day. President of Ireland (or Govt Official) to give oration at Old Church Cemetery Cobh.

12.45 Commodore and Senior Officers of 'Queen Victoria' along with President of Ireland (or Govt Official) to lead procession from Cobh Cruise Berth to Town Square where Commemoration Service will take place.

14.10. Queen Victoria will sound whistle to mark moment the Lusitania was hit by torpedo

14.28 Queen Victoria will sound whistle to mark the sinking of Lusitania.

14.29 Minutes Silence

14.40 Official Commemoration ends

14.45 Musical performances on main stage in promenade.

21.08 Flotilla of boats will depart

In order that we can see the candle lit procession and flotilla, the QV will now be departing Cobh at 11.30pm.

Hello,We got an Email,as I am sure you all did,yesterday giving all the information about the activities on Sunday.My wife has accepted that she will pobably not see me as I run around like an excited child in a sweet shop trying to take it all in.

It is at these times I wish we had a decent camera,oh and the skill to use it.

I hope we all enjoy and the weather is better than forecast.

Rodger.

Edited by foster269

Hello,We got an Email,as I am sure you all did,yesterday giving all the information about the activities on Sunday.My wife has accepted that she will pobably not see me as I run around like an excited child in a sweet shop trying to take it all in.

It is at these times I wish we had a decent camera,oh and the skill to use it.

I hope we all enjoy and the weather is better than forecast.

Rodger.

Have a wonderful cruise and I will be with you all in spirit ;) Enjoy, and my thoughts will be with you all in for the celebrations.

Edited by maggiemou

We're on QV. Our lines are just being dropped now and the Household Calvalry are playing on the quayside - they played in the Queens Room earlier. We've just been told the QM2 is leading us out of Southampton in procession - QM2, QE and then QV. The exciting news is that once out of Southampton, weather permitting, we are all going to open up and cruise in tandem - all three of us side by side.

I'm excited and I'm just watching on marinetraffic.com --- all I can see is blue images of ships !! I do hope that they get the chance to sail side by side --- can't imagine the atmosphere down there.

Enjoy everyone watching :)

I'm going back to the blue images on the map ;)

We're on QV. Our lines are just being dropped now and the Household Calvalry are playing on the quayside - they played in the Queens Room earlier. We've just been told the QM2 is leading us out of Southampton in procession - QM2, QE and then QV. The exciting news is that once out of Southampton, weather permitting, we are all going to open up and cruise in tandem - all three of us side by side.

This has been so exciting - we wish we were there with you all!

Here is a photo of the Household Cavalry in the Queens Room this afternoon. I'm afraid I'll never win a photography award but at least you can, sort of, see them!

Gerald has just pointed out that there's a whole bunch of other craft following us out.

image.jpg.90caaa29207be637fe676e40895d3daf.jpg

Edited by Happyboating

We are starboard side aft so I'm getting a better view from the bridge cam on the TV but as we turned right, for a short while, I did get a couple of photos. It's now starting to rain so the webcam now has splodges of rain on it!

I shall Google for good photos later although as we've been allocated a table for 10 I'm hoping that one of our table mates will have some good photos - I will find out later.

We watched from town quay. An amazing, exciting sight to see each Queen (in daylight!) our 10yr sat in the car 'they're just boats' but our 13 yr old matched our excitement and watched with us. Lots of photos were taken!!

We were on the QMII. Bad weather upon arrival. Chaos on board apparently due to the weather as the wind blew away the ramp that is used to disembark the passengers. Very odd, since one would hope that Cunard is used to this weather and has a good back-up plan. As a result, disembarkations had major delays and communications on board were sketchy at best. Not White Star service. Sorry to report that Cunard dropped the ball on this special occasion.