Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

Okay I called back to the dedicated Quantum dining line and WAS able to book the complimentary venues as well, AND got my 7:00 time! And the icing on the cake was being able to book Coastal Kitchen even though we are in a plain balcony room. Moral of the story: be persistent. Now if I can only figure out how to book Chefs Table...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank You!! being persistent does pay off :) We are also in a standard balcony:D So~~~~~~I decided to give it another try~~~

After being on hold for 1/2 an hour I finally got through and was able to book Coastal Kitchen, even got the time i requested. BTW the Dynamic Dining call center is open 24/7.

I'm just happy to be able to try all the different complimentary venues.

I also asked about the showtimes conflicting with dinner times and the rep said that this was taken into consideration. The rep went on to say that they wouldn't open up Dynamic Dining if it was going to cause conflicts:confused: I have a feeling it might be staggered like the Oasis class Showtimes scheduling.

Let's hope so

Liz:)

Thank You!! being persistent does pay off :) We are also in a standard balcony:D So~~~~~~I decided to give it another try~~~

After being on hold for 1/2 an hour I finally got through and was able to book Coastal Kitchen, even got the time i requested. BTW the Dynamic Dining call center is open 24/7.

I'm just happy to be able to try all the different complimentary venues.

I also asked about the showtimes conflicting with dinner times and the rep said that this was taken into consideration. The rep went on to say that they wouldn't open up Dynamic Dining if it was going to cause conflicts:confused: I have a feeling it might be staggered like the Oasis class Showtimes scheduling.

Let's hope so

Liz:)

What phone number was 24/7?

Jimbo:)

I called this morning. Very nice person was trying to help me. She took down what I wanted and told me she would call me back. They were having some system problems. Called about 45 minutes later and had all my comp restaurants booked, still couldn't book specialties. Said it was a, "system glitch". Still waiting to hear back.

I'm very much not nervous. These are my initial bookings. I wouldn't be shocked to see most of them change by the time I sail.

I called this morning. Very nice person was trying to help me. She took down what I wanted and told me she would call me back. They were having some system problems. Called about 45 minutes later and had all my comp restaurants booked, still couldn't book specialties. Said it was a, "system glitch". Still waiting to hear back.

I'm very much not nervous. These are my initial bookings. I wouldn't be shocked to see most of them change by the time I sail.

This describes EXACTLY what I have just gone through.

Still waiting for confirmations.

:)

I called at 6AM this morning and made all ten dinner reservations.....all complimentary restaurants.....no specialty. We plan to hit some specialty for lunch but the dinner choices seem fine. All reservations are now visible in my

RCCL page. It is important that the rep inputs one at a time and saves each in the system. I had no problem.....took ten minutes.

This describes EXACTLY what I have just gone through.

Still waiting for confirmations.

:)

Got a call back at 11:30 AM ET on Monday and everything was booked. I had given a range of times and they came out mostly on the early side. That's fine. Like I said, I'll tweak them later if I want anyway.

Just called and got all the times we wanted for the 2 of us. Tried to book Solarium Bistro for lunch, said you had to do that on the ship? Has anyone been able to book that for lunch?

Only dinner time I didn't book anything was the night we are in Nassau from 1pm to midnight.

All I said when I called is I would like to reserve my dinner reservations, she just asked what my reservation number was and if I had looked atthe menus online. I said yes I have, I'm ready to book and I know the times I would like. She said okay, lets see if they are available. Most of my times are 6:30 and 7:00 pm, except the night we are at Port Canaveral I booked a 8:30pm.

Chops

Icon Grill

Silk

Jamie's

Coastal Kitchen

Chops

Chic

I believe she said the charge on my card was going to be $190, does that sound right, All are Dinners.

Chop's twice and Jamie's once are the only pay ones right? would that equal $190 something or did she charge me for Coastal Kitchen too?

All times I just booked are already showing up on my cruises on the rccl.com site.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me?. I will be on Quantum 1st December with hubby & another couple. We live in the uk. But see most people who've posted here in the USA. Anyway see most of you all are already able to book your dining & speciality dining restaurants. Anyone know why us in uk can't?. Is there a way we could try now?. Also I see some of you have been able to book in coastal kitchen even though you are not in suites. Do you think I will be able to do this as staying in a balcony cabin?. Hope you may be able to help. Thanks Dillie

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me?. I will be on Quantum 1st December with hubby & another couple. We live in the uk. But see most people who've posted here in the USA. Anyway see most of you all are already able to book your dining & speciality dining restaurants. Anyone know why us in uk can't?. Is there a way we could try now?. Also I see some of you have been able to book in coastal kitchen even though you are not in suites. Do you think I will be able to do this as staying in a balcony cabin?. Hope you may be able to help. Thanks Dillie

Royal has preselected X number of people to book their dining reservation before the program goes live on May 15. These reservations can only be made on the phone with Royal.

Don't know why the US folks can book and not the UK. You can try calling Royal or ask your TA to call. Don't know if this toll free # will work from the UK, Dynamic Dining @1-877-812-3612, or use whatever phone# you normally use to call Royal.

For some reason, Royal is allowing non suite guests to book Coastal Kitchen. I believe once they open up reservations for all, Coastal Kitchen will only be available to suite guests only.

Give it a try and call Royal.

Royal has preselected X number of people to book their dining reservation before the program goes live on May 15. These reservations can only be made on the phone with Royal.

Don't know why the US folks can book and not the UK. You can try calling Royal or ask your TA to call. Don't know if this toll free # will work from the UK, Dynamic Dining @1-877-812-3612, or use whatever phone# you normally use to call Royal.

For some reason, Royal is allowing non suite guests to book Coastal Kitchen. I believe once they open up reservations for all, Coastal Kitchen will only be available to suite guests only.

Give it a try and call Royal.

Hi thanks for replying with the info. Wonder if it's worldwide with preselected dining booking to be fair. Might try Calling royal caribbean uk see if I can get anywhere. Thanks again.

Hi thanks for replying with the info. Wonder if it's worldwide with preselected dining booking to be fair. Might try Calling royal caribbean uk see if I can get anywhere. Thanks again.

Yes some UK guests have been able to prebook, probably best to call C&A UK and ask them to check if you have been preselected.

I am in the UK and we were randomly preselected. We are D+ and not in a suite. We are on the maiden voyage on nov 2. I was able to book 8 reservations, including the Chefs Table without incident. All were at 1915hrs except Izumi had to be 1930hrs and Wonderland at 1900hrs due to availability. There is one daily table sitting for the Chefs table and is at 1930hrs.

I called the US RCI number as they always seem to be more...well, uh...on the ball.

Is anyone concerned about not seeing the show times first before booking dinner?

Same as Oasis and Allure. Didn't know show times and I made reservations. Small tweaks were needed, but not a big deal.

So, no.

Is anyone concerned about not seeing the show times first before booking dinner?

Fortunately we have three cruises booked on the Quantum. If there is a conflict in dining/show times we'll grab a bite in the WJ and go to the show or skip the show if it conflicts with a speciality restaurant.

Edited by beachnative

Yes Obviously I am from the UK, and was called by Royal to discuss my dining requirements, all of the options I wanted were booked with ease, across the 4 cruises I have booked. Although I might make some changes once I actually see the ship and the actual dining rooms.:D

Hi everyone,

you can't make reservations on line until 5/15. RCI randomly selected some guests to prebook reservations ahead of the general public. Those were were pre-selected were given a phone number to call to make the reservations.

I guess this is a good way for them to figure out which dining venues are of interest to guests to help them with marketing and to make any necessary tweaks. The system seems to run slow for the reps making the reservations so hopefully the system is being testing too before its opened on line to everyone next month.

just got off the phone with dynamic dining and I asked why I was not preselected and was told they only preselected people who had made reservations and wanted set dining times not my time dining. When I made my reservations which was in the beginning of March only my time dining was a choice so we took it. So it was not a lottery system. I then asked if there were times still available for May 15 and the answer was THERE SHOULD BE not there WILL BE. This is not at all reassuring.

Personally I think the reason Quantum is leaving for China is because the reservations are not going as they want and they can't make the necessary changes. The Anthem is still being built and then can make the changes on that ship. Probably more seating capacity at desired times which appear to be around 7:00.

just got off the phone with dynamic dining and I asked why I was not preselected and was told they only preselected people who had made reservations and wanted set dining times not my time dining. When I made my reservations which was in the beginning of March only my time dining was a choice so we took it. So it was not a lottery system. I then asked if there were times still available for May 15 and the answer was THERE SHOULD BE not there WILL BE. This is not at all reassuring.

Personally I think the reason Quantum is leaving for China is because the reservations are not going as they want and they can't make the necessary changes. The Anthem is still being built and then can make the changes on that ship. Probably more seating capacity at desired times which appear to be around 7:00.

The one time I asked we were told it was Diamond Plus and Pinnacle only. I booked day 1 and selected first seating but have not been allowed in. Reservations for specialty restaurants were also not open yet so those two factors weren't part of it.