What else to do in St. Maarten?

I've booked the Butterfly Farm and Shopping in Marigot for my St. Maarten day port stop, but my tour gets back at noon and the ship doesn't leave til 5. Any ideas of what else I can do?

Note that I like to do different things at each stop and I already have a dolphin interaction booked for my stop in Nassau and a beach day planned for St. Thomas (though I'm still debating between Magen's Bay or Sapphire Beach), followed by a sunset cruise on a catamaran. I also don't like snorkeling.

We are booked with Bernard's tours for the second time. You can check them out online and see if any of their reasonably priced tours are anything you are interested in but you wouldn't be able to do that and the things you already have booked. We make several stops on the French and Dutch side with a stop at Maho beach and Orient beach. Just a suggestion to take a look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always rent a car and drive around the island at our leisure. We skip Philipsburg, Maho, etc., because it is overcrowded and head towards Marigot on the French side. There are some great beachfront mom and pop restaurants in Grand Case. The beaches along the north east side and central east side of the island are gorgeous.

When in Marigot you MUST stop at Seraphina's and get a croissant or pastry. OMG...the best ever.

For other things, I agree Maho beach is a great stop. Activity is high. A fun atmosphere. If you like a drink, Sunset Bar is good.

When in Marigot you MUST stop at Seraphina's and get a croissant or pastry. OMG...the best ever.

Agree.

Some folks have actually just spent the day taking a cab over to Marigot and not only enjoying Seraphina's Bakery, but also shopping at the small mall and local waterside merchants...we've done that once, and Seraphina's 4 times.

I've booked the Butterfly Farm and Shopping in Marigot for my St. Maarten day port stop, but my tour gets back at noon and the ship doesn't leave til 5. Any ideas of what else I can do?

Note that I like to do different things at each stop and I already have a dolphin interaction booked for my stop in Nassau and a beach day planned for St. Thomas (though I'm still debating between Magen's Bay or Sapphire Beach), followed by a sunset cruise on a catamaran. I also don't like snorkeling.

May I ask who you are booked with?

For this. And beer. This is at Maho Beach. When you leave the ship at St. Maarten just grab a taxi and head here. Fantastic views.

Princess-Juliana-International-Airport.png[/quote

We are visiting St. Maarten in September and Maho Beach is a must do! There will be 4 of us. May I ask how much your cab ride to Maho from the ship was and how long did it take? Thanks.

• 1 month later...