2 bathroom cabins???

just4steven

Hi!

So I completed my first cruise back in late January! WHOOP WHOOP, I spammed the videos everywhere and we loved it as a couple! (um, let me know if you want me to spam the "ALMOST FAMOUS" videos some more as I know some threads got deleted, lol) :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the question as I sidetrack myself often :D Over the last month or two I have been planning a land based vacation to the Caribbean. In previous years in winter or summer vacations we had 4 to 6 people and we are fine with that in condos/villas/hotels or whatever.

Today some of my family was raving about my "almost famous cruise videos" and if they do anything it would be on a cruise ship. It brought my mind back to cruising so I would love to cruise again! The problem is we could have an odd number of people, either 3 or 5, most likely 3.

I did try to google it now with no luck, but are there any Caribbean ships with 1.5 or 2 bathrooms? As a bonus, a private sleeping room or somewhere you can close the door for a couple?

I'm sure that can happen if you are mega wealthy, but just mostly looking at the standard lines out of say MIA or FTL. So price is not an issue for say CCL or RCL or whatever, but price is an issue if we are talking over 2 grand a person for a 7 day. Just curious if there are any type of rooms with 2 bathrooms for the general public, top of the line on Carnival is cool too!

THANKS, AND HOPE THIS MADE SENSE!

Specific to RCI, there are standard size staterooms that hold up to 4 people but they all have just the one bathroom.

It probably wouldn't be very practical to look at anything with two bathrooms or more than one bedroom as anything that would provide that would be a suite (such as the Royal Family Suite, 2 BR/2Bath/ -or- a Two Bedroom suite, 2BR/2Bath). But these types of suites hold up to 8 and have minimum bookings typically of 5. They are - as you feared - pretty expensive.

Unfortunately for 3 the best bet is one stateroom with one bath, which is pretty much standard. If there are 4 of you, you could look at two staterooms.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Disney has the 1.5 split bathroom in most non-suite cabins - one with a sink and toilet, and the other one with a second sink and a tub. DCL is generally more expensive than Carnival and Royal Caribbean, but if your budget is $2kpp for a 7-night cruise, you should be able to find plenty of choices on DCL.

The cat 4s Deluxe Family Verandah is 300 sq ft (including the verandah), which is more spacious than the cat 5s Deluxe Verandah which is 246 sq ft.

You might check out connecting cabins.

^this

Get 2 adjoining rooms and open the door between them, if you get a balcony you can also open the divider and have a grand balcony. You will have to ask for certain categories but I think most ships have some rooms that adjoin for families.

Edited by aerospace

^this

Get 2 adjoining rooms and open the door between them, if you get a balcony you can also open the divider and have a grand balcony. You will have to ask for certain categories but I think most ships have some rooms that adjoin for families.

The OP says they may have only 3, which would make anything other than a single stateroom impractical IMO due to a likely single supplement fare for the one passenger in the second stateroom.

They also say it could be up to 5, at which point the double stateroom - or family stateroom available on RCI and other lines - would be a good fit. This of course would include larger multi-room suite options as mentioned previously, but cost would certainly be a factor to consider with that.

The OP should contact the cruise line they are interested in and see what their best options are once they determine the actual number of passengers involved. But until that number is established, it is difficult to determine the best stateroom fit.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If there is an odd number, NCL does have the solo studio cabins on the newer ships. EPIC (which will move permanently to Europe in 2016) and the Getaway which is home ported in Florida. The Breakaway is in New York, but will also do Caribbean cruises in the winter.

The solo cabins are really comfy, and have a neat vibe. That might be something to look into as well.

If you do go suite on NCL you will have butler service and special dining amenities, which would be great for your group, as they can serve meals in the suite even if not all 'guests' are in your suite.

You can also look into using the showers in the spa/exercise areas, if you do a quad/triple cabin. Quite frankly I sailed with 2 other friends in a balcony cabin and we had no problems managing. :)

Hi!

I did try to google it now with no luck, but are there any Caribbean ships with 1.5 or 2 bathrooms? As a bonus, a private sleeping room or somewhere you can close the door for a couple?

I'm sure that can happen if you are mega wealthy, but just mostly looking at the standard lines out of say MIA or FTL. So price is not an issue for say CCL or RCL or whatever, but price is an issue if we are talking over 2 grand a person for a 7 day. Just curious if there are any type of rooms with 2 bathrooms for the general public, top of the line on Carnival is cool too!

THANKS, AND HOPE THIS MADE SENSE!

the 2 bedroom suites have more than one bathroom.. and require a minimum of 5 people to book before final payment( they go fast so rarely are they available at that point for just anyone to get)

the Family cabins might have a curtain separating the main bed from the living area( but sometimes the extra berthing is a pullman above the main bed) and one bathroom.

DISNEY has a bath and a half type concept: one room has the loo, the other the shower. both have small sinks. standard cabins are a smidge larger than for a comparable category elsewhere. also with the curtain that separates the sleeping area from the sitting area( pul out couch)

This isn't really an answer but just an idea. An "extra" bathroom can be found in the spa area! The showers are larger too. This is for an overflow situation. Works well for those guys who are just a big too big for the small showers in many cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and daughter and I are booked on the Carnival Breeze for next year, in a Deluxe Ocean View cabin [category 6M] that has two bathrooms...one with shower, toilet and sink, the other with tub/shower and sink.

The cabin we booked is #1335, and is said to have the two twin beds that can be assembled as a king, and a sofa that can be made up into a bed.

There are other Deluxe Ocean Views that can sleep up to five, with the addition of two ceiling bunks. In those, the two twin beds cannot be assembled into a king.