Swiss Air

alidor

We fly enough and deal with all the oddities and nuances of the airlines and generally just deal with it (or fly business). I don't think I've ever posted a comment about the airlines but feel obligated to mention our flights about 10 days ago on Swiss.

We were looking forward to flying, our first time ever, on Swiss. We were going from Chicago to Zurich to Prague.

The couple in front of us leaned their seats all the way back the entire trip. We mentioned this to the flight attendant who said there was nothing she could do as they paid for their seats. No mention of us who also PAID for our seats. It was an uncomfortable flight to say the least.

As for meals we were offered chicken with rice or Mac & Cheese! Yep, that's right - Mac & Cheeses. This is a first!

Just overall this is probably the worse flight we have ever been on and see are not looking a forward to flying them back home. Will certainly not fly them again.

Interesting. I've always heard good things about Swiss but never flown them longhaul. Unfortunately the reclining situation is true, and a big drawback of flying coach. Though some airlines do have their flight attendants ask for seats up at meal times

Reclining seats and people who won't put them up for meals has always been and issue, regardless of what airline you fly. As for the Mac 'n Cheese - I would have been estatic. Usually, it's "chicken" or "beef" and I'm vegetarian ;)

Unless you fly Business or First class internationally now, you will be stuck in the same lousy situation back in "cattle class."

People who recline their seats are a problem in every airline. Not much crew can do (are allowed to!) either.

As for the Mac&Cheese: at least an airline that's not offering the same old chicken or pasta in tomate sauce.

If you want to be sure of the room and a little better, you have to fly business or first, but be prepared to fork over some cash for it.

I know flying in premium cabins is not someting a lot of people can do (all the time) but at least you have some more certainty about your seatmate in front of you...

And even if you pay a lot of money, some ignorant people can ruin your trip, no matter which class you fly in.

Don't let 1 bad flight spoil the entire trip. Safe travels and hopefully your return flight is a lot better. But I have confidence in the company as it does have a good reputation for its product.

Edited by headhunterke
Typo

The couple in front of us leaned their seats all the way back the entire trip. We mentioned this to the flight attendant who said there was nothing she could do as they paid for their seats. No mention of us who also PAID for our seats.
Presumably your seats also reclined? If so, you were also perfectly entitled to use the function. This is the general policy of every airline that fits reclining seats, AFAIK.
As for meals we were offered chicken with rice or Mac & Cheese! Yep, that's right - Mac & Cheeses. This is a first!
As for the Mac&Cheese: at least an airline that's not offering the same old chicken or pasta in tomate sauce.
And not only that, mac and cheese is actually a great idea, given how hot food is done on airlines.

I will never forget the time my very picky eater got mac and cheese on Air Canada. And, it had peas in it.

OMG , peas. They ruin everything! Especially Mac and Cheese!

I have flown on Swiss several times , in Economy and Business and it is one of my favorites. I would way prefer Mac and Cheese than nasty airline lasagna.

What makes you think their "chicken" and "beef" are actual meat products? :D

Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but there's a hilarious show from the UK, called come fly with me. It's a satire based upon the airport life in a crew's and passenger's view but in all, there's a little truth.

At one of those legendary scenes a cabin crew (actor ofc) asks a passenger if he'd like chicken or pasta. The passenger then asked what the vegetarian option was and the cabin crew responded 'chicken' :D

Histerical, specially if you work in the industry, you can pick up the greatly exaggerated truth :-)

I lived overseas during most of the 80s and loved flying the old Swissair. It was the best European airline.

911 put the company in bankruptcy, as I recall.

The new airline called Swiss appears not to be very similar to the old Swissair.

I lived overseas during most of the 80s and loved flying the old Swissair. It was the best European airline.

911 put the company in bankruptcy, as I recall.

The new airline called Swiss appears not to be very similar to the old Swissair.

Swiss International (the current name) is owned by the Lufthansa Group, who also own Lufthansa (duh) as well as Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and Germanwings.