Carnival credit card

I have one and I hate it. When I had a problem with a store they did not want to help me at all. They wanted me to call the store and fix the problem myself. So I told the man what are you their for. If you do not help me I will cancel this credit card that is when the man I was talking to help

I have one and I hate it. When I had a problem with a store they did not want to help me at all. They wanted me to call the store and fix the problem myself. So I told the man what are you their for. If you do not help me I will cancel this credit card that is when the man I was talking to help

Because that's what you are supposed to do. Give the vender a chance to fix the problem.

I too, have "the card", and just recently decided that it simply wasn't the best one out there. As a matter of fact, I just put it in the safe, and will use it ONLY on cruise related expenses, and nothing else. It's especially bad, if you don't pay it off each and every month in full. The interest rate is obscene! :eek:

"SKY"

It's only worth it if you pay it off each month. We use ours strictly for gas. We took a cruise in January, and cashed in our points prior to sailing. Disembarked owing only 78 cents. Our next cruise is next week. We'll use the carnival card for S&S charges earning double points while on the cruise. We can cash in our points AFTER the cruise to go toward our statement. We work the system, mainly because we do pay the balance every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are definitely better deals out there. However, I still use my Carnival card and pay it off each month. I finally have enough points to pay for a cruise. It took me 2 years, and I've done a lot of cruises. But, since I've never been offered one of the 'free cruise' offers, I'm happy I can use my points and book one.:D

We have received a couple of "free" cruises as a result of using the CCL MasterCard. I did some research on these boards several months ago and yes, there are better cards out there as far as the rewards go. What we have been very pleased with on our CCL MasterCard is their monitoring. There have been several instances when they have caught someone using our card number fraudulently before we knew about it. I monitor our account, but on more than one occasion they have called us and brought charges to our attention that we had not approved. The actual card has never been stolen - it's always been someone using the number. My PayPal and Amazon accounts have both been hacked into. I no longer store credit card numbers on these sites under my profile. Immediately following 2 different cruises, our card number was used fraudulently. More than likely someone on the ship stole the number. I'm assuming most credit card companies monitor accounts like this?? Lately, I've been considering changing over to the Capital One Venture Rewards card. It seems to have a better rewards program??

Chase sapphire preferred is the best on the market for points right now (double points for all travel and restaurants) and American Express cash preferred is the best for cash back. 6% back at supermarkets and 3% back at gas stations. 1% back everywhere else.

We have received a couple of "free" cruises as a result of using the CCL MasterCard. I did some research on these boards several months ago and yes, there are better cards out there as far as the rewards go. What we have been very pleased with on our CCL MasterCard is their monitoring. There have been several instances when they have caught someone using our card number fraudulently before we knew about it. I monitor our account, but on more than one occasion they have called us and brought charges to our attention that we had not approved. The actual card has never been stolen - it's always been someone using the number. My PayPal and Amazon accounts have both been hacked into. I no longer store credit card numbers on these sites under my profile. Immediately following 2 different cruises, our card number was used fraudulently. More than likely someone on the ship stole the number. I'm assuming most credit card companies monitor accounts like this?? Lately, I've been considering changing over to the Capital One Venture Rewards card. It seems to have a better rewards program??

Go with the chase sapphire preferred. If you spend 3k in the first 3 months and add an authorized signer you get 45k points. After the first month I already have 50k points.

Thanks, SPKEMO! Is there a fee for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card?

$95. it's waived for the first year. You can get the non preferred card without an annual fee but your upfront bonus point get cut in half from 40k to only 20k

seaus

I am sorry I have other card I had a problem with that one and I called the credit card company and they told me that this is good thing that I called them that I did not call the store.

I have the card and LOVE it. I pay it off each month. I use my points every cruise for OBC or other things. I have a capital one card as well that I get points, but I don't use it all that often. just recently I can use it for air miles but I need a boat load of points for a ticket. at least with my carnival card, even a small amount can get me at least that strawberry cake for sail away!

Can't stand it. My card was rejected at a gas station. I called to ask why. They said it wasn't denied. Yes, it was. And what is this $1 charge at that gas station that same day? You bought something for $1. No, I didn't. Went round and round, had to get a supervisor etc.

Ordered a Carnival gift card with the 10% promotion. Got the congrats email but the code # was all xxxxx's. They told me I didn't buy a gift card....here we go again. Took 4 days to get that one solved.:mad:

I got my points, it's going in the trash.

We have it & use it for everything, pay its in full every month. Once you reach 100,000 points, you can cash them in & apply $1500 to any Carnival purchase within the last 6 months.

Will cash in for the 2nd time by the end of summer. Only had the card 3 years. Your best payback is to accumulate up to the 100,000 points.

Gas, groceries, electric bill, internet, dish, cell & home phones, auto insurance, it adds up pretty fast.