Mooloolaba cancelled for Amsterdam today

Mooloolaba tender port was cancelled for Amsterdam today, Saturday, because of rough seas.

Captain was looking for alternate port. Did he find one, David, or are they cruising on to next port at Cairns?

Thats a shame. The dangers of tendering in open seas no doubt.

I have no idea re your question. All I or anyone else has to go on is the Marine Traffic Live AIS site....

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

If you bring that up and then find your area on the map it will show the position of ships that are reporting. Cruise ships are in blue. Left click on the ship brings up either past or future track, At the moment Amsterdam has not updated and is still showing MLL . I guess they will do scenic cruising .

There may be more info on the blog that is running on the CC HAL page.

Thats a shame. The dangers of tendering in open seas no doubt.

I have no idea re your question. All I or anyone else has to go on is the Marine Traffic Live AIS site....

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

If you bring that up and then find your area on the map it will show the position of ships that are reporting. Cruise ships are in blue. Left click on the ship brings up either past or future track, At the moment Amsterdam has not updated and is still showing MLL . I guess they will do scenic cruising .

There may be more info on the blog that is running on the CC HAL page.

Thanks, David. I thought it might show up current location.

Blogs say heading towards Cairns, but prior to that Captain was researching alternate port.

Its interesting to read the blogs from the HAL World Crurise , espec the one with all the photos. Its a great example of why a HAL World Cruise is something rather special . Of course its not cheap, but look at all the trouble they went to , to have an Australian Beach party on board. No wonder some folk do the cruise every year.:)

Its interesting to read the blogs from the HAL World Crurise , espec the one with all the photos. Its a great example of why a HAL World Cruise is something rather special . Of course its not cheap, but look at all the trouble they went to , to have an Australian Beach party on board. No wonder some folk do the cruise every year.:)

Yes, HAL World Cruises have built up a loyal following amongst their repeat passengers. World Cruise 2017 already has an active roll call, with one of my favourite WC bloggers to be on board.

This year it has been interesting following the first time WC blogger, in addition to the blogger who cruises every year. I really don't know how they find the time to do such interesting detailed blogs, when there is so much to do on board and in ports.

I'd really like to do a half world cruise, like my first cruising experience.

Edited by MMDown Under

Yes, HAL World Cruises have built up a loyal following amongst their repeat passengers. World Cruise 2017 already has an active roll call, with one of my favourite WC bloggers to be on board.

This year it has been interesting following the first time WC blogger, in addition to the blogger who cruises every year. I really don't know how they find the time to do such interesting detailed blogs, when there is so much to do on board and in ports.

I'd really like to do a half world cruise, like my first cruising experience.

Keep your eye open for a Trans Pacific. Segments are not easy to get on HALs WC. We were lucky when we did ours. It was just after 9/11 and 2/3rds of the ship cancelled and they were scratching to get anyone on board. We did Valpo to Sydney....up the SA coast, then across to Pitcairn, Easter , Tahiti etc.

HAL probably get the highest % of those who do the full world cruise.

Thanks for posting the link to marine traffic, David. I've added it to my favorites.

You're welcome.

Does anyone know if Amsterdam will be using the "new" cruise terminal at Townsville , or will she have to anchor out and tender ashore?

Any webcams up and running in Townsville yet?

You're welcome.

Does anyone know if Amsterdam will be using the "new" cruise terminal at Townsville , or will she have to anchor out and tender ashore?

My grand daughter arrived in Townsville yesterday to start Uni at James Cook Uni. I will have to get her do to a sitrep for me re Amsterdam, standby !!

The Townsville traders will be looking forward to Amsterdam calling in.

Edited by NSWP

You're welcome.

According to Port of Townsville FB page, it sounds like the Amsterdam will be docking, in Townsville. Where?, don't know thought.

I have not found any yet..., but I will have a another search tonight and see if there are any around.

From the Townsville Bulletin...

Townsville welcomes last minute cruise visitors

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-welcomes-last-minute-cruise-visitors/news-story/a4d2981c74cd351e19f050868360f27c

Port of Townsville ‏@townsvilleport Feb 12

#Townsville businesses note a shuttle bus for cruise ship passengers on Monday will operate 9am - 3pm from CBD/Strand/Flinders St/Palmer St

From the Townsville Bulletin...

Townsville welcomes last minute cruise visitors

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-welcomes-last-minute-cruise-visitors/news-story/a4d2981c74cd351e19f050868360f27c

Port of Townsville ‏@townsvilleport Feb 12

#Townsville businesses note a shuttle bus for cruise ship passengers on Monday will operate 9am - 3pm from CBD/Strand/Flinders St/Palmer St

At least they got there and get a day ashore. a HAL world cruise does look good.:D

Keep your eye open for a Trans Pacific. Segments are not easy to get on HALs WC. We were lucky when we did ours. It was just after 9/11 and 2/3rds of the ship cancelled and they were scratching to get anyone on board. We did Valpo to Sydney....up the SA coast, then across to Pitcairn, Easter , Tahiti etc.

HAL probably get the highest % of those who do the full world cruise.

Hi, We have done segments of the world cruise on the Amsterdam three different times (2012, 2014, 2015). They do advertise them and now they are offering the segments when they first offer the whole 111 to 114 day cruise. I like doing around 57 days. I love doing this. There are lots of extras..a bigger food budget, more enrichment activities and the staff from the Captain on down are fantastic. It is a very stable head staff that does the World Cruise. Captain Jonathan Mercer is fantastic, and he sets the tone.

Hi, We have done segments of the world cruise on the Amsterdam three different times (2012, 2014, 2015). They do advertise them and now they are offering the segments when they first offer the whole 111 to 114 day cruise. I like doing around 57 days. I love doing this. There are lots of extras..a bigger food budget, more enrichment activities and the staff from the Captain on down are fantastic. It is a very stable head staff that does the World Cruise. Captain Jonathan Mercer is fantastic, and he sets the tone.

Sounds so nice to be on the ship for that long but I just do not have the time just yet. One day.:D