Coffee card for Gelato on Royal

alexmom

I understand that I can order espresso drinks but I've heard several people claim to order Gelato and sundaes too. Is it 1 punch per order or scoop or milkshake (if they have them!) ??

Just trying to decide whether or not to buy 2 cards or just 1. I will likely only drink 2-3 cappuccinos during the cruise but my DS and DH will consume ice cream at least once a day. Of this, I am certain.

They will hit the free ice cream and have several ice cream desserts in various restaurants and dining rooms but do I need 2 cards or will I have enough punches to get them gelato several times while on a 7 day cruise ?

I understand that I can order espresso drinks but I've heard several people claim to order Gelato and sundaes too. Is it 1 punch per order or scoop or milkshake (if they have them!) ??

Just trying to decide whether or not to buy 2 cards or just 1. I will likely only drink 2-3 cappuccinos during the cruise but my DS and DH will consume ice cream at least once a day. Of this, I am certain.

They will hit the free ice cream and have several ice cream desserts in various restaurants and dining rooms but do I need 2 cards or will I have enough punches to get them gelato several times while on a 7 day cruise ?

It is one punch per order for gelato - three scoops - my daughter and I often shared one gelato order - two separate cups too! - with no problem and still for one punch

The Royal is different since it's all 2.75 or one punch. For that you can get plain or a heaping sundae with zillions of toppings. Only thing that's more if you add liquor. My husband had a HUGE banana split;one punch.

I have to hide this post from my hubby. :D

For 2 coffee card punches at Gelato you can get an alcoholic ice cream drink or for 1 punch get crepes...au natural, a la mode, nutty banana or spiced Washington apple.

The alcoholic sundaes were pretty tasty, especially the Irish Creme sundae!

:D

The alcoholic sundaes were pretty tasty, especially the Irish Creme sundae!

When we were on the Royal in October my wife was disappointed that the crepes were not available until later in the afternoon. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

When we were on the Royal in October my wife was disappointed that the crepes were not available until later in the afternoon. :(

I never tried the crepes. Somehow I forgot they even had them. Were they also available for use on the Cafe Selects card?

Guess that will have to go on my new 'List' of things to enjoy on Regal Princess that I missed doing on Royal Princess!!! ;)

My hope is that another Royal or Regal cruise will be in my future...I missed too many things on the Royal. I also missed the good things about the Royal on later cruises on other Princess ships.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi guys, just wondering if this is fleet wide or just on the Royal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only the Royal currently has Gelato which will also be on the Regal. Ship's like the Crown have 3 scoops of gelato for $1.50 & is part of the International Café.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I was very excited that I could use my coffee card for gelato- until I tasted it. Was not really a fan of it for some reason. I thought the ice cream in the dining room was much better. Maybe it will be better on the Regal!

Did you try all the different flavours and combinations, and all the different toppings?

I was very excited that I could use my coffee card for gelato- until I tasted it. Was not really a fan of it for some reason. I thought the ice cream in the dining room was much better. Maybe it will be better on the Regal!

The gelato on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby is very good, not too far in quality from the real gelato in Italy.

Is the gelato on the Royal the same type of gelato or is it regular ship made ice cream being labeled gelato?

The gelato on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby is very good, not too far in quality from the real gelato in Italy.

Is the gelato on the Royal the same type of gelato or is it regular ship made ice cream being labeled gelato?

In Gelato it's "hand-crafted ice-cream prepared daily by our Pastry Chef" but in the display case it looks like gelato. I enjoyed it & thought it was similar to what's available on other ships. Besides the normal flavors listed they also have several rotating flavors.

image.jpg.483d3a8e751b968f8e3f24180bc18373.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Will I be able to use my existng coffee card that still has punches for Gellato or do you have to purchase the cafe Select card? My coffee card was purchased before they went to sailing specific cards.

You should be able to use the card you have for Gelato.

Will I be able to use my existng coffee card that still has punches for Gellato or do you have to purchase the cafe Select card? My coffee card was purchased before they went to sailing specific cards.

We were able to use an old coffee card with punches left on the Royal for Gelato when we sailed in November.

We can get free ice cream cones anytime on the Sapphire.

At dinner time you can create your own sundae. I like to order the Kid's

menu ice cream named the VOLCANO. It is a large bowl of ice cream, whipped cream, sliced banana, chocolate surup and sprinkles on top.