Cabin assigned but ...

missdorado26

I booked an inside guarantee room and check my docs tonight and saw that I was assigned cabin 5135...does that mean I won't be upgraded anymore? I think deck 5 is a little better than 4 but the rep told us we would probably get a good upgrade since we are first timers. Not sure if this is a good room or not was hoping for something a little better :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

It is very rare that already assigned cabin changes later, it can happen but the chances are really, really low. Better to get used to the thought of staying in that cabin if you are not willing to pay more to upgrade.

Also, can't see how being first timers would affect the cabin assignment, there have been tons of first timers getting a guarantee cabin assigned from very undesirable location in the past too.

That's a bummer. I'm fine with the room because I don't know any better but it as just wondering. I guess I got my hopes us since the rep told me that but he may have just said that to get me to book with him that day because I was still iffy if we were going to do the guarantee room.

Sometimes GTY get upgrades. Keep in mind you can upgrade many levels/categories and still be an inside. Sometimes folks get OV or even Balcony.

Sometimes they get the lowest level.

Anything can happen, that is why it is called a lottery - oops - meant GTY. GTY that you will get at least that level.

Just enjoy what you have.

I remember our first cruise and the rep told us we would get an upgrade from our inside guarantee. Got to the ship, opened the cabin door and saw the big curtain. I was so giddy and started yelling to my husband, " we got upgraded, we got upgraded." I pulled the curtain back, only to find a big wall!

I remember our first cruise and the rep told us we would get an upgrade from our inside guarantee. Got to the ship, opened the cabin door and saw the big curtain. I was so giddy and started yelling to my husband, " we got upgraded, we got upgraded." I pulled the curtain back, only to find a big wall!

Didn't realize you were facing inside the ship? :D:D

That's a bummer. I'm fine with the room because I don't know any better but it as just wondering. I guess I got my hopes us since the rep told me that but he may have just said that to get me to book with him that day because I was still iffy if we were going to do the guarantee room.

Have you called and explained to the rep that you are disappointed because what you were expecting was not what you received based on what you were told?

Give them a chance to explain themselves.

I booked an inside guarantee on my POA cruise in May. When I got my assignment two weeks before the cruise I was a little disappointed. It was deck 10 but the most aft inside cabin. Also, cruise prices had dropped by then so I called my TA and she was able to upgrade us to an oceanview on deck 4 at no charge. I still wasn't that happy about the deck so I called her again a few days later and she got me an obstructed oceanview on deck 7 which I was more happy with and it turned out to be great.:o

I booked an inside guarantee on my POA cruise in May. When I got my assignment two weeks before the cruise I was a little disappointed. It was deck 10 but the most aft inside cabin. Also, cruise prices had dropped by then so I called my TA and she was able to upgrade us to an oceanview on deck 4 at no charge. I still wasn't that happy about the deck so I called her again a few days later and she got me an obstructed oceanview on deck 7 which I was more happy with and it turned out to be great.:o

Good for you! :) Sometimes though, it seems that this guarantee booking business causes more issues and work for the cruise line than if passengers just booked a specific cabin and be done with it. Yes, you save a bit on the cabin, but so many people are unhappy with the assignment. Sounds like you were lucky to have a TA who would work with you until you were happy with the cabin. Good PR on their part. A happy customer is a return customer!

That would be awesome if that happened to us. I didn't call them back to see if it can be changed. I was just wondering if there was a possibility of this happening.

That's funny! I can see how you would think that if there is a curtain, there must be a window!

That would be awesome if that happened to us. I didn't call them back to see if it can be changed. I was just wondering if there was a possibility of this happening.

When you take a GTY you are willing to accept any cabin in that category or higher. Everyone who books a GTY wants more then they paid for but in reality it just doesn't happen that way. Enjoy what you have and be happy.