So how nasty is that new free sparkling wine for Latitudes members?

Because it's cheap and lots of people like it.

I mean they like the idea of it. The actual wine itself is irrelevant.

thanks Keith; it is the thought that counts. If someone doesn't like it and can't exchange it anymore, take it home or just leave it in the cabin for the cabin Steward.When something is free, why can't people just accept it gracefully?:confused:

This is the BEST idea I have seen in a very long time!

I believe we will do this at least once during our cruise. I will post it to the roll call group to see how many people are interested. I'll also bring it up at our meet and greet!

Thanks for the wonderful idea, and for coming up with a thoughtful way to use our free sparkling wine!

Thanks Dina, glad you like the idea. Maybe, since you're cruising a month before us, you can come back and let us know how it goes.

I did send an email to the events coodinater (same person for M&G) to see if they'd assist in getting a large table for us or a couple tables near each other, haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping it turns out well, good luck! :D

Thanks Dina, glad you like the idea. Maybe, since you're cruising a month before us, you can come back and let us know how it goes.

I did send an email to the events coodinater (same person for M&G) to see if they'd assist in getting a large table for us or a couple tables near each other, haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping it turns out well, good luck! :D

Dina, forget about contacting the event coordinator. Here's the email I just received back when I requested a Mimosa Breakfast assist.

We'll just organize our own Mimosa Breakfast. We can bring already chilled wine, ask for a table for the desired number of people and do it ourselves... it's all about DIY these days anyway, right? ;)

"Cruise critic meetings are offer on the first sea day during the morning. In regards of a Mimosa or sparkling wine party with no food $27.14 per person Labor costs will apply at a rate of $10.00 per waiter & $10.00 per bartender per hour. The party needs to be pre pay prior to sailing once we provide confirmation.

Thank you

Angela Merino | Event Pearl Coordinator

1-800-327-9020 Ext. 26181 | fax 305-436-4147

specialeventspearl@ncl.com| www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise LineCruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126"

Dina, forget about contacting the event coordinator. Here's the email I just received back when I requested a Mimosa Breakfast assist.

"Cruise critic meetings are offer on the first sea day during the morning. In regards of a Mimosa or sparkling wine party with no food $27.14 per person Labor costs will apply at a rate of $10.00 per waiter & $10.00 per bartender per hour. The party needs to be pre pay prior to sailing once we provide confirmation.

Thank you,

Angela Merino | Event Pearl Coordinator

1-800-327-9020 Ext. 26181 | fax 305-436-4147

specialeventspearl@ncl.com| www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise LineCruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126"

At our meet and greet just a couple of months ago, we had coffee, tea, assorted juices and danish. Plus all the Officers joined us. In addition, many of us brought our bottles of sparkling wine to the Meet and Greet and we enjoyed Mimosa's. The bar, by the way, was open as well, and many folks had Bloody Marys or shots of Baileys with coffee.

At our meet and greet just a couple of months ago, we had coffee, tea, assorted juices and danish. Plus all the Officers joined us. In addition, many of us brought our bottles of sparkling wine to the Meet and Greet and we enjoyed Mimosa's. The bar, by the way, was open as well, and many folks had Bloody Marys or shots of Baileys with coffee.

Thanks for this, I'm kinda bummed about the breakfast thing but Angela insists that it's a private party and we'd have to pay thru the nose for it:eek:

I've let her know not to bother with it and your idea sounds like a great solution, thank you!! :D

I have had a tradition for the past several years. I save my sparkling wine for the last day and make myself mimosas to have while I'm packing to head home. Makes that last day a bit better. [emoji6] This year I made "poinsettia's" mixing with cranberry juice instead of OJ. They were good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our last two cruises, we have taken it the M&G. I asked for glasses and orange juice. Our last cruise two weeks ago, they had servers mix it and serve everyone. Another person on our roll call also brought a bottle. Mimosas for the M&G are a nice touch I like to add!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1