So how nasty is that new free sparkling wine for Latitudes members?

Since we don't drink alcohol, perhaps they will let us swap our two free bottles of sparkling wine for bottles of water? Hoping so. If not, I will make friends with a cabin neighbor and pass it along.

I am hoping we can switch ours to something non-alcoholic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At some point, being a cruise "critic" crosses the line to petty harshness. That line has been crossed here. We don't drink this gift but I imagine several folks do and, like them, we appreciate the gesture.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agreed.

Just to note I'm in the "Great gesture, NCL" crowd. While I totally agree it's Andre quality, a free drink is a free drink. Worst case add OJ. I drink a lot of champagne as a pleasure boater, from 8$ to 200$ bottles.

Unfortunately, I already got this perk as a Platinum member, so I do wish we got an extra bottle, but hey... life is good, can't complain.

Perhaps my neighbors just got lucky, but on our Sun panama canal trip, the guests in the Owner's Suite didn't drink and they gave us their bottle of sparkling...it was not the same as ours. We got the house brand while theirs was Schramsburg Blanc de Blanc.....one of my favs. Didn't need OJ with it!

Anyway, between the 2 bottles we got in the room (one from TA, one from Norwegian, some given to me when the F&B manager learned it was my birthday, one won at some party, we ended up with s slew more than we could drink...others in our group were in a similar situation so as we sailed out of San Francisco, I asked the Group Serv manager if she could arrange for some pitchers of cranberry and oj to be delivered and told our fellow Friends of Dorothy participants to bring their sparkling and enjoy the sailaway under the golden gate. We had a great time!

I assume that most who have responded had the "old style" champagne or sparkling wine. My last (4) sailings (both in 2016), before last week, it was OK. My friends and I had 4 bottles during our last cruise and we all agreed it was better than expected. It was French and I don't remember the name.

Last week I sailed on the Escape and we had (3) bottles of DUC DE VALMER BRUT SPARKLING WINE. I assume this is the new offering. It was beyond awful. To me, vinegar came to mind. I don't think OJ could have saved it, but didn't try it. It's possible it was a "bad" bottle, but we didn't open anymore to find out. I have never tasted a worse wine/champagne.EVER. I took a pic of it to remind me never to drink it again LOL Background: I love champagne and drink it often. I drink $10-100+ bottles. I have no problem with some inexpensive champagnes; Korbel @ approx $10-12 is one of my favorites. Barefoot Bubbly (which is approx $8 is drinkable to me.

Perhaps my neighbors just got lucky, but on our Sun panama canal trip, the guests in the Owner's Suite didn't drink and they gave us their bottle of sparkling...it was not the same as ours. We got the house brand while theirs was Schramsburg Blanc de Blanc.....one of my favs. Didn't need OJ with it!

I should not have accepted Shramsburg if I had a Owners Suite because they shall get Champagne!

Just off the Dawn. Wasn't that bad. We had 2 bottles in our room. My husband doesn't like sparkling wines in general, but we managed to drink both over the course of the first evening.

That's the important word!!! :D

I prefer to be able to enjoy drinking my wine!!

At some point, being a cruise "critic" crosses the line to petty harshness. That line has been crossed here. We don't drink this gift but I imagine several folks do and, like them, we appreciate the gesture.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What a classy post. I agree with you. But you chose your words wisely. Nice.

I sail in a suite about once per year and my butlers always act like it's a huge deal to switch it out. They've usually done it but I was so sick of the drama that my last cruise on the Jewel I didn't even bother asking!

Wow. Are they tip hounds or what?. We've always just taken ours to a bar, and have them switch it out. No Problem.

This March cruise will be our third on NCL, we are bronze and in a balcony and I never heard anything about free wine. How does it work who get it and how much, and when?

Up to now you were never eligible. if you look at your profile go to look at "View Latitudes Rewards" and you will see the changes.

1 bottle per cabin on embarkation so long as you are enrolled in Latitude Reward.

Knowing Norwegian, they wouldn't be doing this unless they got a good supply deal on some CHEAP wine.
Being a wine drinker...not a wine connoisseur, I will happily keep the cheap bottle for the end of the night after I have had several glasses of the good stuff and don't care anymore what I am drinking. :D

Another one of your positive posts I see: wow!!

Had to laugh at this! I agree that often the OP's threads and posts can seem to be slanted in a negative direction. I have to say while this is a "critics" board... the negativity sometimes amazes me. Cheer up people your on a cruise!! :)