celebrity 29 dollar meal package

poona1

Yes, Ultimate Dining package. They sell a very limited number of them and unless I am mistaken they can only be booked onboard. If you are interested you should check at the first table you see when boarding that is booking speciality restaurants.

these packages do not include dining in Blu (Aqua class guests dining room) or Luminae (Suite guest dining room)

Just off Reflection last week and enjoyed the Ultimate Dining Pkg. It also includes lunches at the specialty dining venues if they are offered during sea days on your ship ($25), plus Bistro on 5 ($10) and the Porch ($35), which is on the Reflection and also on Silhouette. It was a great deal on Reflection which has the 4 expensive specialty dining venues plus the other two, so provide a lot of variety.

What is the 4 night package?

So for about $30 a day I can eat in any specialty restaurant and I can do lunch AND dinner or only one per day? I have extra OBC for my X cruise and this may be a good way to spend it.

What is the 4 night package?

So for about $30 a day I can eat in any specialty restaurant and I can do lunch AND dinner or only one per day? I have extra OBC for my X cruise and this may be a good way to spend it.

The 4 night package allows you to eat in a specialty restaurant (one of each -- not 4 of the one of your choosing) at a discounted price you can purchase ahead of time or onboard. I have not sailed on a ship in which the 4 night package is available however, have gotten the 3 night package before on the Solstice and it includes 1 at Murano, 1 at the Tuscan Grill and 1 at Silk Harvest. While all of these restaurants are top notch, you do have to set up your reservations ahead of time (usually upon boarding) or their availability might be limited. It might be the same if you purchase the unlimited dining package. I will let someone else speak to that as I have never purchased it before. I like the cruising style where I can choose what time I want to eat -- so I have found the packages don't always work out really well for us.

I see that the Infinity has the 3 night or 5 night package. Is the Ultimate available on all ships or just some of them? $30 a day is a great deal, especially if you can do lunch AND dinner but I am still not clear on if that is how it would work with Ultimate.

Edited by BigB0882

We like to try the specialty restaurants once or twice on a 14 day cruise. We find that when we dine there, we tend to eat far more than when in the MDR.

Not sure that I could handle the consequences of dining every night?

Where on board ship can your purchase this meal plan?

Had UDP on Reflection 2 months ago. Went to main dining room upon boarding and bought with manager there. Also at the Specialty Reservation table inside past gangway at boarding. Ask which specialty restaurants are doing the lunches - usually sea days only with shortened menus. On port days, the Porch on Reflection (Silhouette(?)) opened at 3pm.

UDP gives you open choices while pre-cruise discount packages restrict you to specific visits (on board they are strict not allowing switching the pkg mix). Make most night's reservations on boarding because 7-8pm slots will fill up. 6pm, 8:30+ usually available (but later times popular in Europe). Good Luck

I see that the Infinity has the 3 night or 5 night package. Is the Ultimate available on all ships or just some of them? $30 a day is a great deal, especially if you can do lunch AND dinner but I am still not clear on if that is how it would work with Ultimate.

Yes $29 per day included 1 specialty lunch at either Lawn Club Murano or Tuscan all meals at porch Except specialty Dinner which is served on night all meals at bistro on 5 and any specialty every night you must make reservations It did not include the Extra special Lawn club dinner which was I think 89 but 60 with package. The porch specialty dinner was 50 but 40 with the package

PS all the food was so amazing this was actually cheaper then booking aqua which we normally do. This was so much better

DH and I did this on the Silhouette and felt it was the only way to go for us. We made the reservations when we purchased it, upon boarding, but changed a couple of reservations due to time and the fact that we LOVED the Tuscan Grille. We had lunch at the Lawn Club Grill, dinner twice at Qzine, one dinner at Murano, several meals at Bistro on 5, and the rest at Tuscan Grille. It gave us the freedom to go to whichever restaurant (except Blu and the restaurant for the suites) whenever they were open. $29/pp per day. We loved it!

so.....

How DOES one figure a gratuity at a specialty restaurant?

Someone once said the fee includes gratuity to the staff, while others say you add more.

But what is the basis you add a gratuity to?

In other words, one person might book at $50, another got the 5 night package,another got a 40% discount at the door, and I used the UDP for $29.

We each have a different "basis" price to start from and that is just the difference in the regular dining room and the specialty.

I've already prepaid gratuities with my booking by the way, so I need an accountant to help me know what to do.......

Please no advice on whether or not to tip, lets just assume that I will and want to be fair to the wait staff

I think there's only two specialty restaurants, so it seems like it would get old.

Agree about repetitiveness. Apparently Summit only has Tuscan and Qsine. No Porch seafood/raw bar. Bistro-5 to US is mediocre. So check out menus to see if you can be happy between the two specialties for 7 dinners (and a lunch). $29 pp per day has been total charge.

We've had UDP 3 cruises and would not do unless at least 3 specialties to rotate. Of course, if overflowing with OBC, ENJOY!

$29 is the full price. No extra gratuity.

I found this very confusing but when you book it the 29 includes graits but I did tip 5 extra per dinner and my porch server I took care of at end of week. I also found out it is better to tip in cash cause if you ask to put it on slip to add to bill it has to be distributed to all staff of all specialty. also if you upgrade your drink pkg do so with the bar and bartender you will use most often cause that goes to the person that sells it and they will take care of you and remember you :cool:

I would never do it for an M class ship as the options are too limited. We have done the 5 dinner package on a 10 day cruise on S class and enjoyed it. Truthfully, I am not sure if I would want to do it every day as I tend to overeat at the specialty restaurants, and the dining time seems much longer to me than what I usually experience in the MDR - for some that is a good thing, but sometimes I don't want to sit at the table for up to three hours.

Had UDP on Reflection 2 months ago. Went to main dining room upon boarding and bought with manager there. Also at the Specialty Reservation table inside past gangway at boarding. Ask which specialty restaurants are doing the lunches - usually sea days only with shortened menus. On port days, the Porch on Reflection (Silhouette(?)) opened at 3pm.

UDP gives you open choices while pre-cruise discount packages restrict you to specific visits (on board they are strict not allowing switching the pkg mix). Make most night's reservations on boarding because 7-8pm slots will fill up. 6pm, 8:30+ usually available (but later times popular in Europe). Good Luck

Thanks for sharing your information.