airfare from Copenhagen to US roundtrip less than one way?

Cinerama

One way fares are usually more than round trip. One way fares are mostly purchased by people traveling for business. They need to get somewhere. Often being reimbursed. So less concerned with price.

One way is $1692 to US from Copenhagen but $1347 roundtrip. Princess has some cruises that end in Copenhagen.

When are you going? I just did a dummy search for April, 2014 and one way from CPH to JFK is under $500. You need to look to fly from major airports and not from Ct.

One way is $1692 to US from Copenhagen but $1347 roundtrip. Princess has some cruises that end in Copenhagen.

Check out Ice Land Air.

Flew from Copenhagen last year on Ice Land Air.

Fairly decent pricing.

Check out Ice Land Air.

Flew from Copenhagen last year on Ice Land Air.

Fairly decent pricing.

Be sure and take some food with you. This airline gives you absolutely nothing to eat and to buy anything will cost you an arm and a leg.

The other option is book the return but only use the first leg and forfeit the other. We did this 18 months ago and saved heaps.

or do what a couple we befriended on a TA did...they live in Norway so had to fly to FLL to do the spring TA to Copenhagen.

Then in the fall, they used the return part of the tx to do the reverse TA and flew home...sweet!

Good idea to bring your own food, also bring your own wine from the duty free store in the airport. The flight attendants are too busy selling stuff to bother filling drink orders.
Can't completely speak to Icelandair, but for most airlines, it is against the rules to drink alcohol that is not served by the flight attendants. I'll leave it to you to determine your own risk tolerance calculation.

Be sure and take some food with you. This airline gives you absolutely nothing to eat and to buy anything will cost you an arm and a leg.

Good idea to bring your own food, also bring your own wine from the duty free store in the airport. The flight attendants are too busy selling stuff to bother filling drink orders.

Checked my CC statement from June, 2012.

Snack costs:

CPH/KEF $ 4.66

KEF/BOS $ 4.65

From what I can recall, I saved in excess of $ 500.00 by flying IceLand Air vs other airlines.

I just checked Orbitz and one way is $657.20. Leave Copenhagen 2 pm, arrive in Hartford, CT 10:31pm, 14hr 31m, through Icelandair and Air Canada.

If I were you I'd check the idea of going into JFK too. To get to Bradley you're taking three flights, dealing with a change of airline somewhere in Canada (presumably either Toronto or Montreal) and getting in at 10:30pm. With the same departure from Copenhagen you can be in JFK at 7pm (with the only connection being at Keflavik), and you may well find the difference in fare is enough to pay for a shuttle home -- and you'll be home a good hour earlier than if you'd flown into Bradley. And that hour is priceless when you're that jetlagged.

The other question is 'how are you getting to where the cruise starts from': if it's a transatlantic, fair enough, but if not, don't forget that there's such a thing as open-jaw airfare, where you fly into one place and out from another. All the airlines do that and you'll usually get a better rate than buying two one-ways.

You might want to check that Air Canada flight to BDL - one of them is on a very small prop plane :eek: don't know which city you are coming thru in Canada but i think it comes from Toronto.

Boston is not a bad alternative either - sometimes I take a direct flight there and just drive to CT.

Karen

Can't completely speak to Icelandair, but for most airlines, it is against the rules to drink alcohol that is not served by the flight attendants. I'll leave it to you to determine your own risk tolerance calculation.

True, if you bring your own the flight attendants have to serve it. I have done this in the past.

True, if you bring your own the flight attendants have to serve it. I have done this in the past.
I understand what you mean...perhaps better to say that the only way to consume your own alcohol is if the FA serves it to you - but that they don't "have" to do so. Completely at their option to refuse such "service".

I understand what you mean...perhaps better to say that the only way to consume your own alcohol is if the FA serves it to you - but that they don't "have" to do so. Completely at their option to refuse such "service".

Right... I didn't mean it as an obligation on their part to serve it, I am saying that you can't pour it yourself.

That being said I have never encountered a FA who was unwilling to do so.

Archived